Sharing the Wealth

No_Fear

somehow i doubt it...but flip side....we ALL have to pay for these damn stupid wars....I say take it out of bushies retirement

Why does the counter-argument for everything the Bush administration does have to go back to the wars? Can't the Bush administration's dumb decisions just stand all on their own? :lol:

Of course, I suppose I'm one of the few left in the world who sees the actions as justified. :shrug:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somehow i doubt it...but flip side....we ALL have to pay for these damn stupid wars....I say take it out of bushies retirement

I'll be glad to pay for the war, when I have seen where the outcome is a freed people! The cost of the war won't come close to what Bama wants to spend on "more"entitlement programs. Remember we, the people already spend a triillion dollars a year in social programs now he wants to add more.

Preschool education what is that?

No one left behind is a sham what we do to be politcially correct is to hold up the high achievers to make everyone look less than average and of course we don't want anyone to fail do we. Our educaton system is a shambles because why? the Fed got invovled.

Dont forget reparations for slaves who died in the last 3 or 4 hundred years.

Don't forget he has supported bill to take away your right to defend yourself in your own home. The list goes on and on.

I will pay my taxes willingly, just don't say you will force me to give it to someone who in many cases just plain don't deserve it.

I also will never vote for anyone who is willing to pull funding from the military while we are engaged with an enemy. Whether they are Dem or Rep. cut and run cowards.

McCain might not be the best choice, he wasn't mine, but he is better than what the Dems have to offer.

Please just drink the kool-aid, I am sure the Messiah can save you afterward.

The last time a Dem pre-elect happened in 1992 there were widespread ads run like:

Hide your cash! The Taxman cometh

so now we hear McCain saying

Watch your wallets!

Kinda shows that some things never change, eh? This is an old fear-mongering ploy.

Suggest you go HERE and see whether or not you will pay more, or less.

Several independent organizations (and even the right wing think tank Heritage Foundation) have verified that in comparing the Obama's tax plan to McCain's, the middle class (under $200k for singles/$250k for couples) will save MORE in personal income taxes with Obama. But you can fight it out in your mind all you want. Oh, and I can just hear those thinking and getting ready to post - but what guarantees do we have that's what will happen. . . that he won't change it?

Anyone with half a brain can figure that one out. McCain is not even close to (in writing) defining of his policies in comparison to Obama. So we are supposed to trust a man/woman that change almost on daily basis - more than one who has remained streadfast?

Guess that's for you to figure out and determine.

The last time a Dem pre-elect happened in 1992 there were widespread ads run like:

Hide your cash! The Taxman cometh

so now we hear McCain saying

Watch your wallets!

Kinda shows that some things never change, eh? This is an old fear-mongering ploy.

Suggest you go HERE and see whether or not you will pay more, or less.

Several independent organizations (and even the right wing think tank Heritage Foundation) have verified that in comparing the Obama's tax plan to McCain's, the middle class (under $200k for singles/$250k for couples) will save MORE in personal income taxes with Obama. But you can fight it out in your mind all you want. Oh, and I can just hear those thinking and getting ready to post - but what guarantees do we have that's what will happen. . . that he won't change it?

Anyone with half a brain can figure that one out. McCain is not even close to (in writing) defining of his policies in comparison to Obama. So we are supposed to trust a man/woman that change almost on daily basis - more than one who has remained streadfast?

Guess that's for you to figure out and determine.

It's not a matter of whether I'll personally save more in taxes or not. It's a matter of what is a fair system. If my savings come at the expense of corporations paying more, capital gains taxes going up, and taxes on incomes over $200,000 going sky-high again, I'm completely against it.

Hmmm, personally I am not worried about those that are in that top 1% bracket as they receive 23% of all of the personal income of this country - which is right about the same it was back in 1928. That percentage has grown from roughly 9% (of total personal income for the entire country) since 1980 - while the bottom 99% only did better during the Clinton years - and then their percentage has actually dropped since 2000.

Of course, if you think that the top 1% can replace spending in our economy for the lower 99% of the population. . . well, that's another issue altogether. And let's face it, that what's it's gonna take to get us back on our feet economically (as a country). The sales of luxury items (like luxury cars) has taken a drive as of late - at least as much as moderately priced vehicles. One would think that the uber rich would be out buying MBs, Lexus, BMWs, etc now that some are offering $10,000 off the selling price -- but they are not. A neighbor owns a very high-end interior design company that has very high end furniture etc (cheapest dining table I think is around $4,000 - which doesn't include any chairs - they start at $700 each). Needless to say, they are not very happy right now - anymore than those that cater to middle-class customers.

It would be interesting to see what the actual percentage of business owners (esp small business owners) make up that top 1% earners. My guess is that it is very small and no where near what many think.

As far as corporate taxes go, I think that the rate should stay right where it is - unless companies bring back out-sourcing and foreign manufacturing - back here. Then they should get BIG discounts - even down to as low, or lower than the lowest countries' tax rate - like Ireland. Got to give them the incentives - otherwise, we will fold as a economic viable country.

By the way, in case you missed it, Obama's rate for top 1% of earners only takes it back to Reagan's rate. . . not pre-Reagan rates.

I'll be glad to pay for the war, when I have seen where the outcome is a freed people! The cost of the war won't come close to what Bama wants to spend on "more"entitlement programs. Remember we, the people already spend a triillion dollars a year in social programs now he wants to add more.

Preschool education what is that?

No one left behind is a sham what we do to be politcially correct is to hold up the high achievers to make everyone look less than average and of course we don't want anyone to fail do we. Our educaton system is a shambles because why? the Fed got invovled.

Dont forget reparations for slaves who died in the last 3 or 4 hundred years.

Don't forget he has supported bill to take away your right to defend yourself in your own home. The list goes on and on.

I will pay my taxes willingly, just don't say you will force me to give it to someone who in many cases just plain don't deserve it.

I also will never vote for anyone who is willing to pull funding from the military while we are engaged with an enemy. Whether they are Dem or Rep. cut and run cowards.

McCain might not be the best choice, he wasn't mine, but he is better than what the Dems have to offer.

Please just drink the kool-aid, I am sure the Messiah can save you afterward.

please...get off the slavery crap....I will repeat something that I have said to ANYONE that has had the audacity to even suggest race....get over it....and check out Obamas mother....defend yourself in your own home????? BULL CRAP....someone breaks into your home go ahead do it, see if you get penalized...Dont own a gun, never will, look what they do in the wrong hands...someone breaks into my home if they get past the dog welcome to a Louieville slugger...the ONLY reason I would need a gun would be if the intruder had one....as for iraq...bad decision, something we have to live with, along with 10 BILLION dollars a day, gotta come from somewhere, and we can't and WON"T just up and pull out, as Bama bashers state HE will do, GRADUAL is the operative word......and that is something BOTH parties have stated repeatedly. funny, religion was branded as going off subject, and here we have the word Messiah come up....( personally he does lull people into an almost evangelical comatose state ) As for education...i am with you big time....it is SHOCKING here...guarantee with better education the crime rate would decrease....then one theoretically wouldn't have to defend themselves in their own house....

Here's a good analysis of the health care/insurance debate and how it can affect taxes:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/28/news/econo...sion=2008102807

McCain's economic adviser makes Obama's case for him and against McCain's $5000 dollar tax credit as his health care plan.

Younger, healthier workers likely wouldn't abandon their company-sponsored plans, said Douglas Holtz-Eakin, McCain's senior economic policy adviser.

"Why would they leave?" said Holtz-Eakin. "What they are getting from their employer is way better than what they could get with the credit."

More analysis HERE

please...get off the slavery crap....I will repeat something that I have said to ANYONE that has had the audacity to even suggest race....get over it....and check out Obamas mother....defend yourself in your own home????? BULL CRAP....someone breaks into your home go ahead do it, see if you get penalized...Dont own a gun, never will, look what they do in the wrong hands...someone breaks into my home if they get past the dog welcome to a Louieville slugger...the ONLY reason I would need a gun would be if the intruder had one....as for iraq...bad decision, something we have to live with, along with 10 BILLION dollars a day, gotta come from somewhere, and we can't and WON"T just up and pull out, as Bama bashers state HE will do, GRADUAL is the operative word......and that is something BOTH parties have stated repeatedly. funny, religion was branded as going off subject, and here we have the word Messiah come up....( personally he does lull people into an almost evangelical comatose state ) As for education...i am with you big time....it is SHOCKING here...guarantee with better education the crime rate would decrease....then one theoretically wouldn't have to defend themselves in their own house....

FactCheck Takes Sides on Self DefenseMORE NEWS10/28/2008 - A new story by Brooks Jackson on the FactCheck.org website once again shows that FactCheck cherry-picks “facts” to suit its anti-NRA, anti-gun, anti-self-defense agenda—an agenda that the American people do not share.

The story claims an NRA advertisement on Barack Obama’s votes against a pro-self-defense bill is misleading because (Jackson claims) Obama did not vote for a “general repeal of the right of self defense.”

Of course, that’s not what the ad said. The ad referred to a case where Wilmette, Ill., homeowner Hale DeMar was prosecuted for owning a handgun—a fact that was only discovered after he used the gun in lawful self-defense against a masked criminal who (as FactCheck points out) was breaking into DeMar’s home for the second time in two days. In fact, burglar Morio Billings was a career criminal—a fugitive from justice with prior convictions in three states and six arrests just that year, hoping to steal enough money for some “blow and crack.” After his capture, he told police he “didn’t care if anyone was home.” And eleven days after serving his sentence for the DeMar break-in, burglar Billings was arrested yet again.

But Obama supported Wilmette’s ability to prosecute DeMar.

The shooting was a legitimate act of self-defense in the home, and DeMar was never even charged. Even the state’s attorney chose “to prosecute the real criminal” rather than prosecute DeMar for a technical gun licensing violation --but the village of Wilmette still pressed charges against this honest citizen for violating its handgun ban.

The situation outraged most Illinois legislators, and they soon overrode the governor’s veto to pass a law that allows people who use guns for self-defense in their homes or businesses to raise that fact as an “affirmative defense” to charges under local gun laws. In other words, a judge or jury considering a gun charge must weigh the evidence that the defendant—like Hale DeMar— acted in self-defense.

Outrageously, Barack Obama, as a state senator, voted four times against this modest protection for crime victims. By voting against the bill, Obama made clear that he believes local gun bans are more important than protecting citizens’ right to use the most effective means of self-defense available. When an honest person who uses a gun for self-defense can’t even point out that he was under attack, the right to self-defense is denied.

Even more outrageously, the supposedly neutral Jackson tries to blame the whole situation on the victim, rather than on the repeat offender who invaded his home. Jackson blames the victim for not getting his locks changed quickly enough after the first break-in, and for moving to confront the intruder before the intruder reached the children in the bedroom. But as DeMar himself asked in a newspaper op-ed, “What is one to do when a criminal proceeds, undeterred by a 90-pound German shepherd, a security alarm system and a property lit up like an outdoor stadium?”

It’s interesting that the newspaper column Jackson relies on for his second-guessing includes reader comments from a retired Chicago detective who calls these criticisms “clueless as to the potential enormity” of home invasion crimes, and from a former prosecutor who calls the columnist “the ultimate Monday morning quarterback.”

Here are the substantiated facts. Obama’s position against the “Wilmette bill” is consistent with his general opposition to armed self-defense by citizens. Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handguns, which the Supreme Court recently recognized as “the quintessential self-defense weapon” in the United States.

Obama has also supported a federal ban on carrying concealed handguns, even though 40 states now respect this right. Obama’s home state of Illinois is one of only two that provide no means whatsoever for people to carry guns outside the home for self-defense. In the Illinois state senate, Obama even sided against crime victims by opposing a bill that would have allowed people who receive protective orders—such as domestic violence victims—to carry firearms. Why? Because, in his words, “authorizing potential victims to carry firearms would potentially lead to a more dangerous rather than less dangerous situation.”

With all this information from independent sources readily available, why did Jackson and FactCheck choose to highlight facts and details that bolster only one side of the story? Is it because the points they chose to highlight advances their preordained beliefs? Do Brooks Jackson and FactCheck have an intrinsic bias against gun owners?

These are legitimate questions that we encourage everyone to ask before buying Brooks Jackson’s or FactCheck’s perspectives.

Read About It: Printer Friendly

Edited by mikem12

please...get off the slavery crap....I will repeat something that I have said to ANYONE that has had the audacity to even suggest race....get over it....and check out Obamas mother....defend yourself in your own home????? BULL CRAP....

when asked if he supported reparations, I believe in NC, he said he would rather see the moneyused for education...... now since this was fairly recently and now running for Pres. he took to road that neither would implicate or offend his supporters. However, by looking at several news services just about everyone who's name has been linked to Obama as radical do support these measures.

*funny, religion was branded as going off subject, and here we have the word Messiah come up....( personally he does lull people into an almost evangelical comatose state )

I didn't use the term in a religious means as such. That tag was given to Obama by Louis Farahkan, who then said there will be a new beginning for the Black Islamist movement in this country.

I don't think I need to explain who this nut job is.

Subject: TAX CUTS

This is what media will not explain, it was wrtten by a Wachovia Vice-President of investments.

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN

0% on home sales up to $500,000

per home (couples) McCain does not

propose any change in existing

home sales income tax.

OBAMA

28% on profit from ALL home sales

How does this affect you?

If you sell your home and make a profit, you

will pay 28% of your gain on taxes.

If you are heading toward retirement

and would like to down-size your

home or move into a retirement

community, 28% of the money you

make from your home will go to taxes. This

proposal will adversely affect the

elderly who are counting

on the income

from their homes as part of their retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN 15% (no change)

OBAMA 39.6%

How will this affect you?

If you have any money invested in stock

market, IRA, mutual funds,

college funds, life insurance, retirement

accounts, or anything that pays

or reinvests dividends, you will now

be paying nearly 40% of the money

earned on taxes if Obama become president.

The experts predict that 'higher

tax rates on dividends and capital gains

would crash the stock market yet

do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN (no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA

(reversion to pre-Bush ta x cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400

Single making 50K - tax $14,000

Single making 75K - tax $23,250

Married making 60K - tax $16,800

Married making 75K - tax $21,000

Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama your taxes will

more than double!

How does this affect you? No explanation

needed. This is pretty

straight forward.

INHERITANC E TAX

MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

How does this affect you? Many families

have lost businesses,

farms and ranches, and homes

that have

been in their families

for generations because they could not

afford the inheritance tax.

Those willing their assets to loved

ones will not only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA

* New government taxes proposed on

homes that are more than

2400 square feet

* New gasoline taxes (as i f

gas weren't high enough already)

* New taxes on natural resources

consumption (heating

gas, water, electricity)

* New taxes on retirement accounts

and last but not least....

* New

taxes to pay for socialized medicine

so we can receive the same

level of medical care as other

third-world countries!

Thank You

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX *

Vice President - Investments

Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor

Wachovia Securities, LLC

P.O. Box 563966

Charlotte, NC 28256-3966

SO HERE IT IS YOUR scenario, just few samples marked in each color

1. You sell your House this year and you get $ 350,000 you bought it several years ago for $ 120,000 = Profit $ 230,000 so Obama takes 28 % of it you give him a gift of

$64,400.00 ......... are you generous ............... or ?

You give McCain $ 0

2. You receive this year 2008 $ 5,000 in Dividends

You give McCain = $ 750 or 15 %

You give Obama = $ 1,980 or 39.6 % ........... are you generous ................ or ?

3. You receive a total income of $ 30,000 this year from your Retirement and investments

You give McCain = $ 4,500 or 15 %

You give Obama = $ 8,400 or 28 % ............ are you generous ............... or ?

These 3 samples TOTALS =

You give McCain = $ 5,250.00

You give Obama = $ 74,780.00

and the kool aid drinkers just keep on drinkin

Subject: TAX CUTS

This is what media will not explain, it was wrtten by a Wachovia Vice-President of investments.

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN

0% on home sales up to $500,000

per home (couples) McCain does not

propose any change in existing

home sales income tax.

OBAMA

28% on profit from ALL home sales

How does this affect you?

If you sell your home and make a profit, you

will pay 28% of your gain on taxes.

If you are heading toward retirement

and would like to down-size your

home or move into a retirement

community, 28% of the money you

make from your home will go to taxes. This

proposal will adversely affect the

elderly who are counting

on the income

from their homes as part of their retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN 15% (no change)

OBAMA 39.6%

How will this affect you?

If you have any money invested in stock

market, IRA, mutual funds,

college funds, life insurance, retirement

accounts, or anything that pays

or reinvests dividends, you will now

be paying nearly 40% of the money

earned on taxes if Obama become president.

The experts predict that 'higher

tax rates on dividends and capital gains

would crash the stock market yet

do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN (no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA

(reversion to pre-Bush ta x cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400

Single making 50K - tax $14,000

Single making 75K - tax $23,250

Married making 60K - tax $16,800

Married making 75K - tax $21,000

Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama your taxes will

more than double!

How does this affect you? No explanation

needed. This is pretty

straight forward.

INHERITANC E TAX

MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

How does this affect you? Many families

have lost businesses,

farms and ranches, and homes

that have

been in their families

for generations because they could not

afford the inheritance tax.

Those willing their assets to loved

ones will not only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA

* New government taxes proposed on

homes that are more than

2400 square feet

* New gasoline taxes (as i f

gas weren't high enough already)

* New taxes on natural resources

consumption (heating

gas, water, electricity)

* New taxes on retirement accounts

and last but not least....

* New

taxes to pay for socialized medicine

so we can receive the same

level of medical care as other

third-world countries!

Thank You

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX *

Vice President - Investments

Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor

Wachovia Securities, LLC

P.O. Box 563966

Charlotte, NC 28256-3966

SO HERE IT IS YOUR scenario, just few samples marked in each color

1. You sell your House this year and you get $ 350,000 you bought it several years ago for $ 120,000 = Profit $ 230,000 so Obama takes 28 % of it you give him a gift of

$64,400.00 ......... are you generous ............... or ?

You give McCain $ 0

2. You receive this year 2008 $ 5,000 in Dividends

You give McCain = $ 750 or 15 %

You give Obama = $ 1,980 or 39.6 % ........... are you generous ................ or ?

3. You receive a total income of $ 30,000 this year from your Retirement and investments

You give McCain = $ 4,500 or 15 %

You give Obama = $ 8,400 or 28 % ............ are you generous ............... or ?

These 3 samples TOTALS =

You give McCain = $ 5,250.00

You give Obama = $ 74,780.00

anyone who totally buys into BO's pie in the sky tax and spend programs is a kool aid drinker.

Can you say Herbert Hoover?

Just remember TWO things.

1. It took a Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan.

2. It's in God's hands.

However, I hope we don't have to suffer a BO coronation to begin with.

According to obama, you're selfish is you don't want to pay higher taxes...

Obama's New Attack on Those Who Don't Want Higher Taxes: ‘Selfishness’

October 31, 2008 10:58 AM

On the stump this week, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., has pushed back against Sen. John McCain's description of his tax policies.

"The reason that we want to do this, change our tax code, is not because I have anything against the rich," Obama said in Sarasota, Florida, yesterday. "I love rich people! I want all of you to be rich. Go for it. That’s the America dream, that’s the American way, that’s terrific.

"The point is, though, that -- and it’s not just charity, it’s not just that I want to help the middle class and working people who are trying to get in the middle class -- it’s that when we actually make sure that everybody’s got a shot – when young people can all go to college, when everybody’s got decent health care, when everybody’s got a little more money at the end of the month – then guess what? Everybody starts spending that money, they decide maybe I can afford a new car, maybe I can afford a computer for my child. They can buy the products and services that businesses are selling and everybody is better off. All boats rise. That’s what happened in the 1990s, that’s what we need to restore. And that’s what I’m gonna do as president of the United States of America.

"John McCain and Sarah Palin they call this socialistic," Obama continued. "You know I don’t know when, when they decided they wanted to make a virtue out of selfishness."

It's unclear if this was a nod to the Ayn Rand book "The Virtue of Selfishness," with all that the invocation of Rand implies.

It would seem to be, given the themes of Rand's work, what happens when independent achievers are demonized.

Which would fit with this description of those who want to keep their hard-earned tax dollars as "selfish."

Atlas may not be shrugging, but Obama is.

-- jpt

Cory Miller the Well-Driller's open letter to Obama

Mr. Obama,

Given the uproar about the simple question asked you by Joe the plumber, and the persecution that has been heaped on him because he dared to question you, I find myself motivated to say a few things to you myself. While Joe aspires to start a business someday, I already have started not one, but 4 businesses. But first, let me introduce myself. You can call me “Cory the well driller”. I am a 54-year-old high school graduate. I didn’t go to college like you, I was too ready to go “conquer the world” when I finished high school. 25 years ago at age 29, I started my own water well drilling business at a time when the economy here in East Texas was in a tailspin from the crash of the early 80’s oil boom. I didn’t get any help from the government, nor did I look for any. I borrowed what I could from my sister, my uncle, and even the pawnshop and managed to scrape together a homemade drill rig and a few tools to do my first job. My businesses did not start not a result of privilege. It is the result of my personal drive, personal ambition, self-discipline, self reliance, and a determination to treat my customers fairly. From the very start my business provided one other (than myself) East Texan a full time job. I couldn’t afford a backhoe the first few years (something every well drilling business had), so I and my helper had to dig the mud pits that are necessary for each and every job with hand shovels. I had to use my 10-year-old, ½-ton pickup truck for my water tank truck (normally a job for at least a 2 ton truck).

And the heart of the letter:

Now, we have been manufacturing the mud pumps for 7 years, my combined businesses employ 32 full time employees, and distribute $5,000,000.00 annually through the local economy. Now, just 4 months ago I borrowed $1,254,000.00, purchasing computer controlled machining equipment to start my 4th business, a production machine shop. The machine shop will serve the mud pump company so that we can better manufacture our pumps that are being shipped worldwide. Of course, the machine shop will also do work for outside companies as well. This has already produced 2 more full time jobs, and 2 more should develop out of it in the next few months. This should work out, but if it doesn’t it will be because you, and the other professional politicians like yourself, will have destroyed our country’s’ (and the world) economy with your meddling with mortgage loan programs through your liberal manipulation and intimidation of loaning institutions to make sure that unqualified borrowers could get mortgages. You see, at the very time when I couldn’t get a business loan to get my mud pumps into production, you were working with Acorn and the Community Reinvestment Act programs to make sure that unqualified borrowers could buy homes with no down payment, and even no credit or worse yet, bad credit. Even the infamous, liberal, Ninja loans (No Income, No Job or Assets). While these unqualified borrowers were enjoying unrealistically low interest rates, I was paying 22% to 24% interest on the credit cards that I had used to provide me the funds for the mud pump business that has created jobs for more East Texans. It’s funny, because after 25 years of turning almost every dime of extra money back into my businesses to grow them, it has been only in the last two years that I have finally made enough money to be able to put a little away for retirement, and now the value of that has dropped 40% because of the policies you and your ilk have perpetrated on our country.

You see, Mr. Obama, I’m the guy you intend to raise taxes on. I’m the guy who has spent 25 years toiling and sweating, fretting and fighting, stressing and risking, to build a business and get ahead. I’m the guy who has been on the very edge of bankruptcy more than a dozen times over the last 25 years, and all the while creating more and more jobs for East Texans who didn’t want to take a risk, and wouldn’t demand from themselves what I have demanded from myself. I’m the guy you characterize as “the Americans who can afford it the most” that you believe should be taxed more to provide income redistribution “to spread the wealth” to those who have never toiled, sweated, fretted, fought, stressed, or risked anything. You want to characterize me as someone who has enjoyed a life of privilege and who needs to pay a higher percentage of my income than those who have bought into your entitlement culture. I resent you, Mr. Obama, as I resent all who want to use class warfare as a tool to advance their political career. What’s worse, each year more Americans buy into your liberal entitlement culture, and turn to the government for their hope of a better life instead of themselves. Liberals are succeeding through more than 40 years of collaborative effort between the predominant liberal media, and liberal indoctrination programs in the public school systems across our land.

What is so terribly sad about this is this. America was made great by people who embraced the one-time American culture of self-reliance, self-motivation, self-determination, self-discipline, personal betterment, and hard work, risk taking. A culture built around the concept that success was in reach on every able bodied American who would strive for it. Each year that less Americans embrace that culture, we all descend together. We descend down the socialist path that has brought country after country ultimately to bitter and unremarkable states. If you and your liberal comrades in the media and school systems would spend half as much effort cultivating a culture of can-do across America as you do cultivating your entitlement culture, we could see Americans at large embracing the conviction that they can elevate themselves through personal betterment, personal achievement, and self reliance. You see, when people embrace such ideals, they act on them. When people act on such ideals, they succeed. All of America could find herself elevating instead of deteriorating. But that would eliminate the need for liberal politicians, wouldn’t it, Mr. Obama? The country would not need you if the country was convinced that problem solving was best left with individuals instead of the government. You and all your liberal comrades have got a vested interested in creating a dependent class in our country. It is the very business of liberals to create an ever-expanding dependence on government. What’s remarkable is that you, who have never produced a job in your life, are going to tax me to take more of my money and give it to people who wouldn’t need my money if they would get off their entitlement mentality asses and apply themselves at work, demand more from themselves, and quit looking to liberal politicians to raise their station in life.

And Cory is real — his website is here: http://www.cmillerdrilling.com/

McCain has pulled ahead of Obama in the latest Zogby poll:

ZOGBY SATURDAY: Republican John McCain has pulled back within the margin of error... McCain outpolled Obama 48% to 47% in Friday, one day, polling. He is beginning to cut into Obama's lead among independents, is now leading among blue collar voters, has strengthened his lead among investors and among men, and is walloping Obama among NASCAR voters

McCain has pulled ahead of Obama in the latest Zogby poll:

ZOGBY SATURDAY: Republican John McCain has pulled back within the margin of error... McCain outpolled Obama 48% to 47% in Friday, one day, polling. He is beginning to cut into Obama's lead among independents, is now leading among blue collar voters, has strengthened his lead among investors and among men, and is walloping Obama among NASCAR voters

I am a Canadian, but I am pulling for McCain. He has some faults, but Obama would be absolute disaster. There are more important things to consider than charisma, looks, and race. Look at the ideology. If things get really tough, it won't be "share the wealth", it will be "share the poverty". His policies would be like throwing water on the few glowing embers. Taxes will need to be cut so that business can renew itself. Obama's way would see businesses nationalized and run at a loss, sucking the nation's life blood until you become communists.

Cory Miller the Well-Driller's open letter to Obama

Mr. Obama,

Given the uproar about the simple question asked you by Joe the plumber, and the persecution that has been heaped on him because he dared to question you, I find myself motivated to say a few things to you myself. While Joe aspires to start a business someday, I already have started not one, but 4 businesses. But first, let me introduce myself. You can call me “Cory the well driller”. I am a 54-year-old high school graduate. I didn’t go to college like you, I was too ready to go “conquer the world” when I finished high school. 25 years ago at age 29, I started my own water well drilling business at a time when the economy here in East Texas was in a tailspin from the crash of the early 80’s oil boom. I didn’t get any help from the government, nor did I look for any. I borrowed what I could from my sister, my uncle, and even the pawnshop and managed to scrape together a homemade drill rig and a few tools to do my first job. My businesses did not start not a result of privilege. It is the result of my personal drive, personal ambition, self-discipline, self reliance, and a determination to treat my customers fairly. From the very start my business provided one other (than myself) East Texan a full time job. I couldn’t afford a backhoe the first few years (something every well drilling business had), so I and my helper had to dig the mud pits that are necessary for each and every job with hand shovels. I had to use my 10-year-old, ½-ton pickup truck for my water tank truck (normally a job for at least a 2 ton truck).

And the heart of the letter:

Now, we have been manufacturing the mud pumps for 7 years, my combined businesses employ 32 full time employees, and distribute $5,000,000.00 annually through the local economy. Now, just 4 months ago I borrowed $1,254,000.00, purchasing computer controlled machining equipment to start my 4th business, a production machine shop. The machine shop will serve the mud pump company so that we can better manufacture our pumps that are being shipped worldwide. Of course, the machine shop will also do work for outside companies as well. This has already produced 2 more full time jobs, and 2 more should develop out of it in the next few months. This should work out, but if it doesn’t it will be because you, and the other professional politicians like yourself, will have destroyed our country’s’ (and the world) economy with your meddling with mortgage loan programs through your liberal manipulation and intimidation of loaning institutions to make sure that unqualified borrowers could get mortgages. You see, at the very time when I couldn’t get a business loan to get my mud pumps into production, you were working with Acorn and the Community Reinvestment Act programs to make sure that unqualified borrowers could buy homes with no down payment, and even no credit or worse yet, bad credit. Even the infamous, liberal, Ninja loans (No Income, No Job or Assets). While these unqualified borrowers were enjoying unrealistically low interest rates, I was paying 22% to 24% interest on the credit cards that I had used to provide me the funds for the mud pump business that has created jobs for more East Texans. It’s funny, because after 25 years of turning almost every dime of extra money back into my businesses to grow them, it has been only in the last two years that I have finally made enough money to be able to put a little away for retirement, and now the value of that has dropped 40% because of the policies you and your ilk have perpetrated on our country.

You see, Mr. Obama, I’m the guy you intend to raise taxes on. I’m the guy who has spent 25 years toiling and sweating, fretting and fighting, stressing and risking, to build a business and get ahead. I’m the guy who has been on the very edge of bankruptcy more than a dozen times over the last 25 years, and all the while creating more and more jobs for East Texans who didn’t want to take a risk, and wouldn’t demand from themselves what I have demanded from myself. I’m the guy you characterize as “the Americans who can afford it the most” that you believe should be taxed more to provide income redistribution “to spread the wealth” to those who have never toiled, sweated, fretted, fought, stressed, or risked anything. You want to characterize me as someone who has enjoyed a life of privilege and who needs to pay a higher percentage of my income than those who have bought into your entitlement culture. I resent you, Mr. Obama, as I resent all who want to use class warfare as a tool to advance their political career. What’s worse, each year more Americans buy into your liberal entitlement culture, and turn to the government for their hope of a better life instead of themselves. Liberals are succeeding through more than 40 years of collaborative effort between the predominant liberal media, and liberal indoctrination programs in the public school systems across our land.

What is so terribly sad about this is this. America was made great by people who embraced the one-time American culture of self-reliance, self-motivation, self-determination, self-discipline, personal betterment, and hard work, risk taking. A culture built around the concept that success was in reach on every able bodied American who would strive for it. Each year that less Americans embrace that culture, we all descend together. We descend down the socialist path that has brought country after country ultimately to bitter and unremarkable states. If you and your liberal comrades in the media and school systems would spend half as much effort cultivating a culture of can-do across America as you do cultivating your entitlement culture, we could see Americans at large embracing the conviction that they can elevate themselves through personal betterment, personal achievement, and self reliance. You see, when people embrace such ideals, they act on them. When people act on such ideals, they succeed. All of America could find herself elevating instead of deteriorating. But that would eliminate the need for liberal politicians, wouldn’t it, Mr. Obama? The country would not need you if the country was convinced that problem solving was best left with individuals instead of the government. You and all your liberal comrades have got a vested interested in creating a dependent class in our country. It is the very business of liberals to create an ever-expanding dependence on government. What’s remarkable is that you, who have never produced a job in your life, are going to tax me to take more of my money and give it to people who wouldn’t need my money if they would get off their entitlement mentality asses and apply themselves at work, demand more from themselves, and quit looking to liberal politicians to raise their station in life.

And Cory is real — his website is here: http://www.cmillerdrilling.com/

Well said!......I too am a small businessman and have the same fears about obama's socialist views.....I could never vote for him...

The above tax comparison is mostly a big lie and a huge exageration. That kind of dirty misleading stuff is just going to help Obama. People aren't stupid, and recogize the republican dirty tricks, and then vote for Obama. Makes me ashamed to be a registered republican.

The rank and file Republican Sheep don't understand that. It's just smear and tell half truths to outright lies. If they would just open there eyes they would see that all they have is a hot pile of garbage running for them also.

The above tax comparison is mostly a big lie and a huge exageration. That kind of dirty misleading stuff is just going to help Obama. People aren't stupid, and recogize the republican dirty tricks, and then vote for Obama. Makes me ashamed to be a registered republican.

There are 2 things you can do....go register as a democrat, that should take care of your shame and go and look for yourself, obama's tax proposals are all over the internet on reputable sites...his plan will hurt small businesses and ultimately depress econimic growth...

I remember Clinton's tax cut "plan" he had when he ran his first time. Of course, as soon as he took office, "things were worse than expected", and the tax cuts evaporated.

Ditto for Obama. The only people who will benefit from his economic plans are the unwed mothers, drug addicts, alcoholics, deadbeats, the lazy, etc. - those that pay no income tax. They will benefit, since that is one of his main voting blocks. Socialism is all about pulling down the achievers to the level of the underachievers.

If you have a decent job and was disciplined to keep your pants on and get an education, Obama has something for you - a good screwing. That is what Washington is all about.