Mr. “Change”

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=9299280

Lines were long and tempers flared Wednesday not to vote but to get paid for canvassing for Barack Obama. Several hundred people are still waiting to get their pay for last-minute campaigning. Police were called to the Obama campaign office on North Meridian Street downtown to control the crowd.

The line was long and the crowd was angry at times.

"I want my money today! It's my money. I want it right now!" yelled one former campaign worker.

A former spokesman for the Obama campaign said 375 people were hired as part of the Vote Corps program and said people signed up to work three-hour shifts at a time. Three hours of canvassing got workers a $30 pre-paid Visa card.

Eventually people did start getting paid, but some said they were missing hours and told to fill in paperwork making their claim and that eventually they would get a check in the mail.

"Still that's not right. I'm disappointed. I'm glad for the president, but I'm disappointed in this system," said Diane Jefferson, temporary campaign worker.

"It should have been $480. It's $230," said Imani Sankofa.

"They gave us $10 an hour. So we added it. I added up all the hours so it was supposed to be at least $120. All I get is $90," said Charles Martin.

"I worked nine hours a day for 4 days and got paid half of what I should have earned," said Randall Waldon.

This is Obama’s plan to share the wealth. That is you share yours with Obama.

Srsly? This is like vilifying a whole car company because of one bad dealer.

I'm with Igor.

And if you read the article now, they've updated it to say that they're fixing the problem.

Therefore, nothing to see here. :read:

sign%20sweep%20under%20rug.jpg

When the first amber sliver of the morning sun peaks over the horizon you instinctively know that it is only the first indication of more to come.

sign%20sweep%20under%20rug.jpg

When the first amber sliver of the morning sun peaks over the horizon you instinctively know that it is only the first indication of more to come.

i voted fr you osama where is my check?..PS..no check it will probably bounce...i want cash only

Edited by snooter

"Change We Can Believe In" cause pocketchange is all you're going to have left

This battle to take back our republic isn't over, it's just barely begun.

If We the People are truly interested in saving our democratic republic from Wall Street con artists, grifters and thieves, then the same enthusiasm, vigor and outrage that was shown during the No Banker Left Behind Act needs to be kept on full throttle.

Some of those congressional quislings that ignored the voter's flood of emails, calls and faxes saying in no uncertain terms they were AGAINST bailing out Wall Street got their walking papers November 4.

We need to keep reminding the rest that business as usual will NOT be tolerated.

We the People need to keep holding Washington's feet to the fire and not ask, but demand REAL change and not some empty slogan.

If we go back to being passive dullards that show more interest in Madonna or Britney or the latest TV reality show, then we might as well turn out the lights now.

Americans are supposed to be woefully lacking in historical knowledge.

Go back to sleep, America and we'll all get a real life history lesson on something called the "Great Depression."

Hey buddy, got change for a Bush?

No change with BO. He and his advisors still stink of present day politics.

Obama's Bailout Bunch Brings Us More of the Same: Jonathan Weil

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

It's hard to believe Barack Obama would even think of calling this change.

Take a good look at some of the 17 people our nation's president-elect chose last week for his Transition Economic Advisory Board. And then try saying with a straight face that these are the leaders who should be advising him on how to navigate through the worst financial crisis in modern history.

First, there's former Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin. Not only was he chairman of Citigroup Inc.'s executive committee when the bank pushed bogus analyst research, helped Enron Corp. cook its books, and got caught baking its own. He was a director from 2000 to 2006 at Ford Motor Co., which also committed accounting fouls and now is begging Uncle Sam for Citigroup- style bailout cash.

Two other Citigroup directors received spots on the Obama board: Xerox Corp. Chief Executive Officer Anne Mulcahy and Time Warner Inc. Chairman Richard Parsons. Xerox and Time Warner got pinched years ago by the Securities and Exchange Commission for accounting frauds that occurred while Mulcahy and Parsons held lesser executive posts at their respective companies.

Mulcahy and Parsons also once were directors at Fannie Mae when that company was breaking accounting rules. So was another member of Obama's new economic board, former Commerce Secretary William Daley. He's now a member of the executive committee at JPMorgan Chase & Co., which, like Citigroup, is among the nine large banks that just got $125 billion of Treasury's bailout budget.

There's More

Obama's economic crew might as well be called the Bailout Bunch. Another slot went to former White House economic adviser Laura Tyson. She's been a director for about a decade at Morgan Stanley, which in 2004 got slapped for accounting violations by the SEC and a month ago got $10 billion from Treasury.

That's not all. There's Penny Pritzker, the Obama campaign's national finance chairwoman. She was on the board of the holding company for subprime lender Superior Bank FSB. The Chicago-area thrift, in which her family held a 50 percent stake, was seized by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. in 2001. The thrift's owners agreed to pay the government $460 million over 15 years to help cover the FDIC's losses.

Even some of the brighter lights on Obama's board, like Warren Buffett and former SEC Chairman William Donaldson, come with asterisks. Buffett was on the audit committee of Coca-Cola Co.'s board when the SEC found the soft-drink maker had misled investors about its earnings. Donaldson was on the audit committee from 1998 to 2001 at a provider of free e-mail services called Mail.com Inc. Just before he left the SEC, in 2005, the agency disciplined the company over accounting violations that had occurred on his watch.

Telling Stories

So, by my tally, almost half the people on Obama's economic advisory board have held fiduciary positions at companies that, to one degree or another, either fried their financial statements, helped send the world into an economic tailspin, or both. Do you think any of that came up in the vetting?