OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: NO BAILOUTS

Just caught the press conference with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. The Auto industry will not receive a single dollar of taxpayers money. :censored:

Because the Republicans blocked any hope of any deal in the Senate. In January, things change and they will get bailout money.

There will probably be 59 Dem Senators plus more than a few Republicans that do not want to see the auto industry fail.

Though i liked the idea of using some of the 25 billion from the 700 billion, and will there be any left in Jan? Plus this would seem to leave GM in a holding pattern for a month - wonder what the suppliers are going to do this month? Do they have to make new capital investments for GM? I'd hate to be in that position.

*sorry about that, Feel like Dr. Evil asking for ... 1 million dollars, though I still can't get used to saying 700 BILLION

Edited by Fordowner

Because the Republicans blocked any hope of any deal in the Senate. In January, things change and they will get bailout money.

There will probably be 59 Dem Senators plus more than a few Republicans that do not want to see the auto industry fail.

Dem's are doing the blocking. They're fair weather friends to the union..nothing more. Remember that next election.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

"Democratic congressional leaders blocked immediate action on a bailout for cash-strapped domestic automakers and told the industry to come up with a workable plan to submit to lawmakers in December. "

Or more accurately, they want keep their constituents in the unions happy.

I honestly think many Dems would like nothing more than to see the big, evil, polluting auto industry fail.