“If I sell 10,000 cars every year, I’ll make a tremendous profit.”

mlhm5

If the Hafei Saibao Chinese car it is based on can actually pass a crash test somewhere (yeah, I know they say it was designed to meet international crash standards) then this might work. To expect it to sell in the numbers being projected? Laughable.

And going on...who the hell is going to pay $40,000-$45,000 for a car built in China, using Chinese parts including Chinese batteries?

If the Hafei Saibao Chinese car it is based on can actually pass a crash test somewhere (yeah, I know they say it was designed to meet international crash standards) then this might work. To expect it to sell in the numbers being projected? Laughable.

And going on...who the hell is going to pay $40,000-$45,000 for a car built in China, using Chinese parts including Chinese batteries?

TATA..........

The car will qualify for a $7500 rebate as well any CA rebates, so the cost to the buyer will be less than stated.

The car will qualify for a $7500 rebate as well any CA rebates, so the cost to the buyer will be less than stated.

A $7500 tax deduction is not a $7500 rebate. $30K+ is still a lot of clams for a Chinese car anyway.

It just sounds like another pie-in-the-sky wanna-be-the-next-Henry-Ford entrepreneur to me. When these cars are actually on the market in any significant number, then I'll take notice. If we took all of these articles at face value, we'd have about 400 automakers in California selling cars in the hundreds of thousands by now.

Edited by NickF1011

And the name of the car just rolls off of the tongue - Miles Highway Speed.

I also like the one bit of information that they only want to sell to those who will live near a "service center" and where the climate is uniform. Really cuts down on the potential customer base.

A $7500 tax deduction is not a $7500 rebate. $30K+ is still a lot of clams for a Chinese car anyway.

It just sounds like another pie-in-the-sky wanna-be-the-next-Henry-Ford entrepreneur to me. When these cars are actually on the market in any significant number, then I'll take notice. If we took all of these articles at face value, we'd have about 400 automakers in California selling cars in the hundreds of thousands by now.

This is a market that has been saturated by the Jap market, so discounting people's attitude towards Chinese or Indian makes is not a good idea. Especially now that the market is now so "Gore Green." :rolleyes:

This is a market that has been saturated by the Jap market, so discounting people's attitude towards Chinese or Indian makes is not a good idea. Especially now that the market is now so "Gore Green." :rolleyes:

When the whole of America is barely ponying up for 1000 $30,000+ Korean cars a month, I don't think the Chinese stand much of a chance, do you? It may happen eventually when the Chinese actually start building half-decent cars, but that's not going to happen by 2010.

I'm sure you'll find a few assholes around Ann Arbor who will! :finger::finger::finger: