well thats eighty

and if the other three people do the same at my plant

and the other shift does

and tho other plants do

well it adds up

80 by me a shift

320 my by team

640 by both shifts

add another zero for the plants across the system ( a liberally conservative estiamte)

so thats 6400 dropped bolts a day

times 5 days a week

times 48 work weeks, ok i'll make it 45

now if that was a ten cent part move the zero over one

and you get

now hta is also assuming that me and the three other door hangers are the only ones to drop parts

spread that to encompass the whole plant and i bet a million could be saved every year by not dropping parts on the floor, more realistically many millions if not billions

thats why they call it scrap or waste.

just a thought

and besides it makes for a clean safe work environment.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Ive been preaching this for years. And just like you said, there goes our profit sharing! Thats what I think every time I see a part hit the floor. I have tried to explain this to every one I work with and they say "well we are not getting profit sharing any way" or "it's only one part". I just have to shake my head and go on. :finger:

Man Ive been preaching this for years. And just like you said, there goes our profit sharing! Thats what I think every time I see a part hit the floor. I have tried to explain this to every one I work with and they say "well we are not getting profit sharing any way" or "it's only one part". I just have to shake my head and go on. :finger:

Profit sharing. You two just proved, it only pits worker against worker. Cola and AIF are the only way to go. Does Ford open up the books to the National? A lot of creative accounting goes on in major corporation. How much profit has Ford been making?

Ed.

Profit sharing. You two just proved, it only pits worker against worker. Cola and AIF are the only way to go. Does Ford open up the books to the National? A lot of creative accounting goes on in major corporation. How much profit has Ford been making?

Ed.

cola the only way to go? well with gas hitting 5 year lows i am sure glad my dropping COLA is going to replace my profit sharing

its only one bolt

they dont cost that much, unless i slip and fall and break my back on them, oh wait lets leave that on the floor for one of those medical cases.

i guess i could type a few thousand words abotu medical cases, or the rest of the health care iceberg.

as always its someone else's fault not mine

cola the only way to go? well with gas hitting 5 year lows i am sure glad my dropping COLA is going to replace my profit sharing

its only one bolt

they dont cost that much, unless i slip and fall and break my back on them, oh wait lets leave that on the floor for one of those medical cases.

i guess i could type a few thousand words abotu medical cases, or the rest of the health care iceberg.

as always its someone else's fault not mine

thats an amazing number, and i very much agree with you....but, at KTP we have times for clean up under the assembly line(FTPM) and have people just cleaning up and i do know for sure that we divide parts back up and put them in the correct places. i am 99% sure ALL the parts dont get picked up, or divided and put back where they belong, but i do know alot do.

the thing i have to question is the doors on/off process.

1. the doors are assembled and installed in the body shop

2. anywhere from 12 to 16 hinge bolts are used on every truck

3. when the door comes to the doors off job in trim....the bolts are taken out and tossed aside

4. after the door is assembled and goes to doors on....NEW bolts are put in.

5. a tug driver comes by and pulls these bins to the trash room and they are dumped into a huge dumpster

6. why not have a small bin on the door carrier and place the bolts in it, so when it goes to doors on...they can be reused?

7. ive asked and was told the bolts lose thier tightening ability after being tightened. i understand that, so use 2 bolts per door just to hold the door on until it comes off. or the bolts that come off....instead of pulling them to the trash room, pull them back to the body shop and use them again, to get the truck to the doors off process???

i dunno, but just a thought.....

thats an amazing number, and i very much agree with you....but, at KTP we have times for clean up under the assembly line(FTPM) and have people just cleaning up and i do know for sure that we divide parts back up and put them in the correct places. i am 99% sure ALL the parts dont get picked up, or divided and put back where they belong, but i do know alot do.

the thing i have to question is the doors on/off process.

1. the doors are assembled and installed in the body shop

2. anywhere from 12 to 16 hinge bolts are used on every truck

3. when the door comes to the doors off job in trim....the bolts are taken out and tossed aside

4. after the door is assembled and goes to doors on....NEW bolts are put in.

5. a tug driver comes by and pulls these bins to the trash room and they are dumped into a huge dumpster

6. why not have a small bin on the door carrier and place the bolts in it, so when it goes to doors on...they can be reused?

7. ive asked and was told the bolts lose thier tightening ability after being tightened. i understand that, so use 2 bolts per door just to hold the door on until it comes off. or the bolts that come off....instead of pulling them to the trash room, pull them back to the body shop and use them again, to get the truck to the doors off process???

i dunno, but just a thought.....

Partially why that would not work is because the doors need to be set in place, that requires all bolts be on in the body shop to ensure a proper fit for when the truck gets fit again in final.

You can even ask the fitters the doors are bad enough already :hysterical:

Partially why that would not work is because the doors need to be set in place, that requires all bolts be on in the body shop to ensure a proper fit for when the truck gets fit again in final.

i can understand that, but just for the ride from body to paint to trim and take the doors off im not sure what the advantage would be by using new bolts on every door 2 or 3 times

i can understand that, but just for the ride from body to paint to trim and take the doors off im not sure what the advantage would be by using new bolts on every door 2 or 3 times

Ya i guess reusing the bolts from body to doors off might work, I mean really as long as they don't lose the torque from body to doors off the goal can be reached and use new bolts at doors on.

You know what Pioneer, there are people here that have legitimate ideas. We don't need your friggin advice on anything except maybe how to personally ruin JSP for everyone YOU @#$%!

You are a perfect example of how privileges get abused.

You are an Electrician from Monroe who refused multiple opportunities to transfer. You are now in JSP getting 85% of your pay sent to your home, while you are working at NEAPCO, the Chinese outfit that took Monroe's work!!!!!!!!

You are a piece of crap, and are only pissed off because now you will have to claim the money you make at NEAPCO on your unemployment!

BOO HOO, we all feel bad for you. Wants to decertify because he lost his free paycheck while he worked his second job at a Chinese outfit that took his own plant down!

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The JSP was meant to save American jobs, not supplement you as a second income. Turds like you ruined it for everyone else by your abuse, you made your bed.....lie in it.

希望您得到与那个工作的一个蛋卷! (traditional chinese for: hope you get an eggroll with that job!)

那是一些有趣的糞水平!嘿,嘿,嘿,嘿 我推測他藥不像它一樣他為愚蠢被請來時哼?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Yo Furious! we managed to get this thread back on track, take the Pioneer stuff to a new thread.

It was a cost saving idea written in Chinese LOL! I couldn't resist man, it was like when Paris was speaking in French I had to jump on it. My only regret was that I didn't catch it earlier.

I have given ideas in the past to those who handle stock to consolidate freight by using different stock bins for my job, but to no avail. They didn't even check into it even though it would save shipping costs, and injuries. This management wouldn't have a f-cking clue even if you had drawn them a map!

I don't know if it is anxiety for fear of losing their own jobs, but they don't seem to have good hearing unless it is from their superiors. There is a simple way to streamline the whole system and cut the need for so many middle men while creating a direct link between the assemblers, the group leaders, and the appropriate parties (upper management, engineers, ect. ect. ect.) but they have to have the will too do it first. I do however feel it is not good to share these ideas on a public board, to potentially allow our competitors the ability to also take advantage of our ideas.

No one will fire the shot to take out their brother, so many potential improvements will and have been buried before the ideas ever reach the appropriate concerned party to preserve one another at each tier.

Management will not turn on one another unless they think it is a matter of them personally dodging the axe, much the same as the hourly's not selling their brother out unless they believe it will save their ass. Not that it is right, but it is the way it is. How do you get anyone to give you the information to help reduce their own numbers when it is human nature to preserve ones own ass, or the asses of their rank?

Edited by Furious1Auto

when you remove the doors completly from the body and reinstall them and fit then again those first run temp. fastners are a waste, and potential cost savings, but thats not my job we dont get paid to think and most people on this web site are hourly or customers

Ya i guess reusing the bolts from body to doors off might work, I mean really as long as they don't lose the torque from body to doors off the goal can be reached and use new bolts at doors on.

I hate to quote myself but I will smartwheelchairguy, It may work at least it would be worth trying anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
This is something that really should be looked at.In the paint dept. alone I know of 20 people that are married to other Ford workers.

Also, how about hiring 1 or 2 private investigators per plant, to follow around all of those "medical bandwagon" people. Get some pics of them doing stuff that they are "restricted" from and fire them. I myself know of one guy a work that got a kiss ass office job because he "got" injured a work. Yet he does autobody and paint work on the side (even when is off on medical gettingmedical pay). These lazy asses need to go. Sure their are some that are legitimate, but I guess that 95% are not.

We have a bad enough perceived image out there ....while i want to hear all ideas ....some are better off submitted in Pm's...... let's let that fire burn out :extinguish:

You know what Pioneer, there are people here that have legitimate ideas. We don't need your friggin advice on anything except maybe how to personally ruin JSP for everyone YOU @#$%!

You are a perfect example of how privileges get abused.

You are an Electrician from Monroe who refused multiple opportunities to transfer. You are now in JSP getting 85% of your pay sent to your home, while you are working at NEAPCO, the Chinese outfit that took Monroe's work!!!!!!!!

You are a piece of crap, and are only pissed off because now you will have to claim the money you make at NEAPCO on your unemployment!

BOO HOO, we all feel bad for you. Wants to decertify because he lost his free paycheck while he worked his second job at a Chinese outfit that took his own plant down!

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The JSP was meant to save American jobs, not supplement you as a second income. Turds like you ruined it for everyone else by your abuse, you made your bed.....lie in it.

希望您得到与那个工作的一个蛋卷! (traditional chinese for: hope you get an eggroll with that job!)

First, Level, I thought your ilk had a better idea on FFF. Anyway, Irregardless of Pioneers' personal gain/loss.....we dont need your misinfo on the demise of Monroe. As an ACH, it hardly had a chance from the get go. And whether the UAW did all it could to keep it open, doesnt matter cuz its done anyway. Neapco had no more to do with Monroe's death than Flex n Gate, Valeo, or the others had in regard to the other ACH's. If you recall, that warrant was signed the moment Visteon gave the plants back to Ford as ACH.

"about the double dipping, I'm not the only one"

And this makes it right?This is really sad.

And because he is .....makes it wrong ?? Sounds more like jealousy. Remember, any opportunity to reload, be lent out to or yes even double dip was negotiated by our union. We have reloaders who took a buyout and then a couple weeks later re-hired as Visteon supplement employees, Pension, health care, $35-70K lump sum, $30+/hr (trades). I call that triple dipping but why wouldnt they make use of a union/company negotiated benefit ?? Yes I would have thought all those buyouts could have made way for some Gen'ers or JSP's ,like the 15 still at Maumee but hey , he didnt make the rules. I also thought it was nuts for some Edison's to sit in Gen for so long but I dont blame them !!

This is something that really should be looked at.In the paint dept. alone I know of 20 people that are married to other Ford workers.

Also, how about hiring 1 or 2 private investigators per plant, to follow around all of those "medical bandwagon" people. Get some pics of them doing stuff that they are "restricted" from and fire them. I myself know of one guy a work that got a kiss ass office job because he "got" injured a work. Yet he does autobody and paint work on the side (even when is off on medical gettingmedical pay). These lazy asses need to go. Sure their are some that are legitimate, but I guess that 95% are not.

We wouldnt want to go there big guy. After all we have had over the yrs., Ergo co-ordinators, safety personnel , and other comp/union appointed jobs go to medicals off the floor. Powers that be do not want to go there...........

How about we take all the appointed jobs in a respective region and cut them 5 fold . Those remaining visit 5 plants , one different one on each day of the week. Some company work comp reps are close to doing that now.

While I agree with you that is the process that is used, I do see trades benefittting from it as well as Ford.

For example, many, many, many times the trades get a last minute opportunity to bid on a job....or it has very short timing. Thus the Company wants to outside contract.

In order to retain the work, the trades need to build up components asap, therfore they need steel asap.

A commodity supplier or CCM can get on the phone, buy it and have it delivered sometimes same day!

The "Ford" process is to go through so many approvals in plant before it goes out of plant. I s scrutinized by at least 10 people and when you finally get an okay...you find out that there is lead time needed on the order because they have to go through a certain supplier.

Happens all the time....and the trades would not get the work because they wouldn't make the timing.

Using the "end around" might cost 100.00 bucks more per purchase order.....but the trades retaining the work in house saves a hell of lot more and offsets it.

While I agree with you that this example may not be true in all types of purchases....in this case we lose if we don't "go around" the bullcrap rules.

In many other cases though....you are correct 100%. We could use a community supplier for a tremendous savings of cost and time but they are not "approved" vendors. That is stupid bureaucratic accounting bullshit and I couldn't agree more.

During previous cost savings explorations....Ford tried to revamp this system because every plant said the same thing....we could be helping our small community suppliers and getting things faster and cheaper....but the system wion't allow it....

A lot of talk went into it.....and nothing ever happened.

When I arrived at DTP in 2004 from steel I saw this layered management in action and couldn't believe what I was seeing. In my case I had requested a personal paid day then discovered the approval needed 3 or 4 signatures before it was ok'd.....I saw many other similar instances since in my time there.....finally I went to Rob Webber's office and spoke to him as to why it's set up this way and basically was told because that's how we do it over here. I asked him why we the employees very rarely see him on the floor checking on things from line to line and was told that he had people to do that for him and if he had to go to the floor on a regular basis then something was wrong. Well that's what I thought from the beginning. I do know at steel that I used to see the the manager on a regular basis....probably several times a week just checking up on his operation and taking feedback from the workers. Now I know that a lot of the feedback may not have been anything new or relevent but the people knew where he was coming from and he knew his people. Most of the regulars at DTP that came from DAP informed me that getting something done is next to impossible and so most of them don't say much anymore...what a shame. It seems to me the breaking down of this pryamid in management and getting more direct with the issues on a day to day basis would be the way to go but as was said to me more times than I'd like to remember......this ain't steel and this is how WE do it here. OH WELL.

When I arrived at DTP in 2004 from steel I saw this layered management in action and couldn't believe what I was seeing. In my case I had requested a personal paid day then discovered the approval needed 3 or 4 signatures before it was ok'd.....I saw many other similar instances since in my time there.....finally I went to Rob Webber's office and spoke to him as to why it's set up this way and basically was told because that's how we do it over here. I asked him why we the employees very rarely see him on the floor checking on things from line to line and was told that he had people to do that for him and if he had to go to the floor on a regular basis then something was wrong. Well that's what I thought from the beginning. I do know at steel that I used to see the the manager on a regular basis....probably several times a week just checking up on his operation and taking feedback from the workers. Now I know that a lot of the feedback may not have been anything new or relevent but the people knew where he was coming from and he knew his people. Most of the regulars at DTP that came from DAP informed me that getting something done is next to impossible and so most of them don't say much anymore...what a shame. It seems to me the breaking down of this pryamid in management and getting more direct with the issues on a day to day basis would be the way to go but as was said to me more times than I'd like to remember......this ain't steel and this is how WE do it here. OH WELL.

I agree with your assessment on the layers, but steel wasn't run by the brightest bulbs in the batch either, putting O2 lances through the side of a vessel, taking out a bridge, etc etc... J9 was always a hoot

I agree with your assessment on the layers, but steel wasn't run by the brightest bulbs in the batch either, putting O2 lances through the side of a vessel, taking out a bridge, etc etc... J9 was always a hoot

the fact that they now cease to exist proves that but I wasn't trying to make that my point......my point was to have people with important jobs such as a manager that is so removed from the actual things that are going on around him/her seems ridiculous and wasteful.

the fact that they now cease to exist proves that but I wasn't trying to make that my point......my point was to have people with important jobs such as a manager that is so removed from the actual things that are going on around him/her seems ridiculous and wasteful.

I agree with what you are saying, the layers... The layers are there as a deterrent.... coyote ugly, you would rather chew your arm off than deal with the bureaucracy called Ford. They are very effective at smothering productivity Plant Mgr., Lean Manufacturing Mgr., Area Mgr., ME Mgr., Automation Engineer, Superintendent, MPS, Supervisor, and then bring in Vehicle Operations and their layers of VOME's.... OMG then multiply that by Paint, Final and Body, each having separate Preferred Vendors and Commodity Managers, and the Buyers at VO

I have to stop I'm making myself sick..... but of course it's those scum bag UAW people that are the problem.

Kid you not, have a break down and no less than seven members of management will show up to direct 3 trades people. It looks like a Three stooges routine.

First, Level, I thought your ilk had a better idea on FFF. Anyway, Irregardless of Pioneers' personal gain/loss.....we dont need your misinfo on the demise of Monroe. As an ACH, it hardly had a chance from the get go. And whether the UAW did all it could to keep it open, doesnt matter cuz its done anyway. Neapco had no more to do with Monroe's death than Flex n Gate, Valeo, or the others had in regard to the other ACH's. If you recall, that warrant was signed the moment Visteon gave the plants back to Ford as ACH.

....we have moved on and went back to topic... but this is important to me that we understand why our Jobs bank is going away......My point was.. here is a guy (Pioneer) getting two paychecks, working one job....and crying to "withhold union dues" as a cost savings idea.

You don't see the irony?

The Union did not intend these rules to do anything but keep an income flowing so our members don't suffer while looking for placement...period.

Pioneer could quit and continue to work at his new Chinese job (assoh).....take a STEP program or buyout....take a reload.......take a preferential placement...Did he do it....Nooooooooo. Should he rape us because he can and then decry us ?.......Sounds like you are saying "yes".

He has been bitching about getting out of Monroe for 2 years on this friggin board.....crying how he wants out and got screwed on the original Flowback....you all remember that incessant whining on multiple posts don't you?

Now this....2 jobs ( 85% and Neapco) and he refuses to go anywhere and bitches out his Union when he thinks his 85% free trust fund is going away.......Why should he care that he is raping the rest of us who only have 1 job and want to keep it.......

That was my point........no "mis-info" such as you claim. Now...I said we have moved on....no more replying to 12 day old off topic posts please Wally....this is important.....I really am taking these suggestions seriously........bring them on.

Look at the waste you see and ignore everyday.....open your eyes and realize that before someone takes something from you.....things like this should be stopped...........write them down here.........if they are too "sensitive"...PM me.....no more bad press please......

Edited by level

.......if they are too "sensitive"...PM me.....no more bad press please......

Define bad press.... I really hate, to appear so negative on a Company I truly believe in. While I disagree with some of our operating practices, it's only because I care that I bring out suggestions to help Ford improve itself on this board, and if Level, or anyone else is in a position to effect change I'm down with that!

And, the Pioneer thing really takes away from the premise of the thread, and I think Level has enough ammo to help Ford, help itself so I consider the thread closed.

Except to say, the word is regardless Not irregardless! Sorry pet peeve

Sorry another pet peeve is waste... and if Level could stop the item listed below Ford would be better off as well:

Kinda pisses you off. Last post on the topic... promise.

Do you want to talk about the 12 million dollars spent on a paint dept ventilation system, in July of 08, which is being ripped out in March of 09 to make room for yet another system. The new system is even more money. Ford should be selling paint ventilation systems, they should be experts in that area.

Edited by nvsked