Cost savings ideas from the plant floor

level

That was my point........no "mis-info" such as you claim.

Talk about mis-info. All of your posts about me are full of half-truths and misinformation. Your full of shit, and the sad thing about it, is you know it and don't care. YOU are the poster child of why people don't like the Union. You talk about not airing dirty laundry in the public view, then you make some up of your own. Your a hypocrite and a liar.

I could stoop down to your "level" and tell things I have learned about the Vegas trips that are paid for by the rank and file. Many interesting things about many people. About some of the things that happen up at Black Lake that many members would be surprised about. Thing is, I know what not to say, and especially when not to say it.

Go back to FFF. At least there you have a bunch of lemmings following your mindless drivel. I'm done with you. Don't even bother responding because I will not see your post.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about mis-info. All of your posts about me are full of half-truths and misinformation. Your full of shit, and the sad thing about it, is you know it and don't care. YOU are the poster child of why people don't like the Union. You talk about not airing dirty laundry in the public view, then you make some up of your own. Your a hypocrite and a liar.

I could stoop down to your "level" and tell things I have learned about the Vegas trips that are paid for by the rank and file. Many interesting things about many people. About some of the things that happen up at Black Lake that many members would be surprised about. Thing is, I know what not to say, and especially when not to say it.

Go back to FFF. At least there you have a bunch of lemmings following your mindless drivel. I'm done with you. Don't even bother responding because I will not see your post.

Thanks Pioneer for not airing that "info" on here, it's really not the place for it (a public forum) or the time.

Thanks Pioneer for not airing that "info" on here, it's really not the place for it (a public forum) or the time.

Another "perception of the past" by Pioneer. The Union used to have conventions in Vegas and other major cities just like any other organization. Vegas is union. We always had conventions where:

1. They had enough rooms and meeting rooms for the amount of delegates on the dates required.

2. It had to be a union hotel

3. We got a good rate

4. To lower costs even more the meetings at Ford were followed or preceded by GM and Chrysler meetings.

You can imagine that with that kind of volume you can negotiate...a great deal at hotels capable of such volume.

Vegas was great because the rooms were dirt cheap.....the food was great and cheap.....airfare was always a good deal (package) and they could handle large convention(s) no problem.

We also used to move around to other cities that could comply with the same criteria above....Chicago, Cleveland...etc.

However....just like everything else...with shrinking membership and funds...all of the conventions/meetings etc. for the last several years have been in Detroit...........this saves money and brings money into the Motor City and the union hotels...nearly everyone drives in because flying is sky high (joke).

The Union directed their proceeds to other union hotels in brotherhood, as we like to do when we support/buy American or union made products............I think that is the right thing to do, and I expect that from my union.

I guess Pioneer would be happier if we all bunked together in a non-union Motel 6 in Alabama and had our meetings in the parking lot......I am sure Mr. Ungrateful would sleep better knowing we suffered somehow while he collects his two paychecks a week.....

Edited by level

Ford's strategy I thought was to eliminate partially filled plants and fill up the remaining most effiicient, highest performing plants with proven reputations to deliver programs ahead of schedule, under budget and operate to monthly budgets or better......................... Lima Engine Plant................ instead............Ford/ UAW continues to send additonal work to other much lower performing, higher cost, waste infested plants like up in Lebron's neighborhood because of 11'th hour contract negotiations........I could swear sometimes that we as a company/ union, are still in the 1970's..... Another example, Ford re-openning Essex Engine when multiple engine plants are only partially filled.........unbelievable !!.......until politics stops trumping economics in these types of million dollar program decisions, all the operating cost saving suggestions are just scratching the surface

lets start by looking at KTP..... i see management crawling around the end of chassis line like roaches. there is a guy who i see at least 100 times a day, riding his golf cart carrying a cup of coffee. wtf is that? i say if you can miss a days work, and no one has to cover your job....you got to go. we need people who are beneficial to the running of the plant. instead of continuing to rape the hourly people, how about step back and look at the big picture.

how many tools have to be replaced before someone would get the picture and think all these tools are walking right out the front door everyday it is costing thousands to replace these tools would someone wake up i dont have the same tool from one day to the next that is if i could find one.

Ford's strategy I thought was to eliminate partially filled plants and fill up the remaining most effiicient, highest performing plants with proven reputations to deliver programs ahead of schedule, under budget and operate to monthly budgets or better......................... Lima Engine Plant................ instead............Ford/ UAW continues to send additonal work to other much lower performing, higher cost, waste infested plants like up in Lebron's neighborhood because of 11'th hour contract negotiations........I could swear sometimes that we as a company/ union, are still in the 1970's..... Another example, Ford re-openning Essex Engine when multiple engine plants are only partially filled.........unbelievable !!.......until politics stops trumping economics in these types of million dollar program decisions, all the operating cost saving suggestions are just scratching the surface

1 posts? Have a new name?

Undoubtedly the newest plants with the newest equipment will run the best numbers.........that is a given....don't take all the credit....and that doesn't mean that the rest of the plants should be closed.

Where have you been while the number 1 quality plant (Wixom) shut down, or while the number 1 highest efficiency plant in the WORLD according to Harbour (Atlanta) closed? Did that efficiency do them any good?

It seems more like the old real estate mantra of "LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION" is the determining factor......and...I wouldn't call your cornfield PRIME.

Now, you have done some great things down there, I won't take that away from you...................but...also some terrible things.....seemingly selling your souls to whipsaw against other engine plants......

It seems that even with your new name...............your negative comments against your own brothers give you away "one". Is is really politics that keep Romeo and Cleveland open. Would you really feel better if they closed them and gave you all the work?

You would have to take people down there...with seniority.........something that apparently makes you choke.............maybe you should rethink...and get another new name....

your disguise isn't working because your breath smells the same...............

DogDisguise.jpg

1 posts? Have a new name?

Undoubtedly the newest plants with the newest equipment will run the best numbers.........that is a given....don't take all the credit....and that doesn't mean that the rest of the plants should be closed.

Where have you been while the number 1 quality plant (Wixom) shut down, or while the number 1 highest efficiency plant in the WORLD according to Harbour (Atlanta) closed? Did that efficiency do them any good?

It seems more like the old real estate mantra of "LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION" is the determining factor......and...I wouldn't call your cornfield PRIME.

Now, you have done some great things down there, I won't take that away from you...................but...also some terrible things.....seemingly selling your souls to whipsaw against other engine plants......

It seems that even with your new name...............your negative comments against your own brothers give you away "one". Is is really politics that keep Romeo and Cleveland open. Would you really feel better if they closed them and gave you all the work?

You would have to take people down there...with seniority.........something that apparently makes you choke.............maybe you should rethink...and get another new name....

your disguise isn't working because your breath smells the same...............

DogDisguise.jpg

OUCH... Level you go dude

I would like to see the CIRS program come back. Employees can submit their ideas to upper management outside the plant to see results.

CIRS was a complete failure at MSP. All suggestions had to go through management and if they didn't apply to metal savings they were thrown out.

I am a tool and die maker. I have benn in stamping for 40 years, not all at Ford. I have some improvements that would save Ford millions of dollars but could never get to the people high enough to make a change. The most important is simple but must be implimented at the designing of the dies at no extra cost. But I cannot get to that person or persons.

I am a tool and die maker. I have benn in stamping for 40 years, not all at Ford. I have some improvements that would save Ford millions of dollars but could never get to the people high enough to make a change. The most important is simple but must be implimented at the designing of the dies at no extra cost. But I cannot get to that person or persons.

I do not know how you could improve much there besides maybe laser trimming. Tell yah what. This stuff is somewhat proprietary. Could you Pm me your idea. I promise it will be looked at by the highest levels of Ford and UAW.

I do not know how you could improve much there besides maybe laser trimming. Tell yah what. This stuff is somewhat proprietary. Could you Pm me your idea. I promise it will be looked at by the highest levels of Ford and UAW.

I do not know how to get ahold of you. you can reach me at Hartriger@aol.com

I could go into more detail in an email.

The UAW boasts that UAW WORKERS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD! Well...speaking for the trades at WSP, that ain't always true. Bad behavior and workmanship are rewarded here. I truly believe in fair and equal representation for all workers, but those of us who show up everyday, don't skim out early and take pride in our work, regardless of who is and who's not looking, get the short end of the stick.

Look, we all know somebody has to go out the door. Is it fair and equal treatment for the dependable workers to get the ax just because of seniority? Not when 30-40yr folks who are complacent about their work and would just as soon hand their tools to another trade to do their work if it's too dirty or cramped. Or smugly claim "I can't do that paticular job" and hand it off to a younger worker who'll get axed instead of them. Guess who Ford will be left with when the cuts are all said and done. THERIN LIES THE INEFFICIENCY I want to suggest in this thread. I'm sorry, but just the other day for example, on a Sunday that we were begrudgingly given, 6 tradesmen were busted leaving about 1.5hrs early. Monday they were written up. The union, working under the pretense of fair and equal treatment, started a war with management on behalf of these 6, and subsequently the rest of us suffered. The 6 sat back and smiled at their good fortune.

I think, if the union would stand behind their claim of repesenting the worlds best workers and allow management to weed out who really doesn't want to be here, then maybe we may save some money. We certainly will have a better chance of keeping contractors out and keep some of our work in house.

This ain't sour grapes from a low seniority worker. This is the view from the bottom.

Look, we all know somebody has to go out the door. Is it fair and equal treatment for the dependable workers to get the ax just because of seniority? Not when 30-40yr folks who are complacent about their work and would just as soon hand their tools to another trade to do their work if it's too dirty or cramped. Or smugly claim "I can't do that paticular job" and hand it off to a younger worker who'll get axed instead of them

Hey you shouldnt talk about Sam like that. Respect your elders.

Another "perception of the past" by Pioneer. The Union used to have conventions in Vegas and other major cities just like any other organization. Vegas is union. We always had conventions where:

1. They had enough rooms and meeting rooms for the amount of delegates on the dates required.

2. It had to be a union hotel

3. We got a good rate

4. To lower costs even more the meetings at Ford were followed or preceded by GM and Chrysler meetings.

5. There is legal prostitution there.

You can imagine that with that kind of volume you can negotiate...a great deal at hotels capable of such volume.

Vegas was great because the rooms were dirt cheap.....the food was great and cheap.....airfare was always a good deal (package) and they could handle large convention(s) no problem.

We also used to move around to other cities that could comply with the same criteria above....Chicago, Cleveland...etc.

However....just like everything else...with shrinking membership and funds...all of the conventions/meetings etc. for the last several years have been in Detroit...........this saves money and brings money into the Motor City and the union hotels...nearly everyone drives in because flying is sky high (joke).

The Union directed their proceeds to other union hotels in brotherhood, as we like to do when we support/buy American or union made products............I think that is the right thing to do, and I expect that from my union.

I guess Pioneer would be happier if we all bunked together in a non-union Motel 6 in Alabama and had our meetings in the parking lot......I am sure Mr. Ungrateful would sleep better knowing we suffered somehow while he collects his two paychecks a week.....

that "vegas is union" excuse is bullshit. just how much do you think it costs to get all these ass clowns to vegas? what is it they do in vegas that they cant do in indy or detroit? prostitution maybe? why do they ALL need to stay in hotels? whats wrong with holding these conventions in the mid-west where the majority of people can go home every night? the blue collar worker has given and given, the company has even given as well....its about time that this fucking UAW start giving too.

Okay 3 poster take your suggestions to your job security rep. Just troll on up to their office.

What, I'm a troll because I'm only a 3 poster? No opinions from the 3 poster? I've taken my gripe to all I can take it to. I didn't just crawl out from under a rock when I made my 3rd post here in your little world. Trust me, this gripe doesn't go over too well in the union office. Not conduct becoming a union brother. They don't take into account that I and people like me are dues paying union brothers also and don't deserve to be screwed by our senior, uncaring brethren who seem to suck up all the local's resources.

that "vegas is union" excuse is bullshit. just how much do you think it costs to get all these ass clowns to vegas? what is it they do in vegas that they cant do in indy or detroit? prostitution maybe? why do they ALL need to stay in hotels? whats wrong with holding these conventions in the mid-west where the majority of people can go home every night? the blue collar worker has given and given, the company has even given as well....its about time that this fucking UAW start giving too.

What he said.