Geez Ford, why just use this?!

Nah, that was Ford's problem all along...if it only had more expensive gas gazzlers, it wouldn't be asking congress for money. I think Mercury should develop a V16 Veyron fighter.

heehee.

Don't you think Ford has just slightly more pressing issues than developing a $100K Lincoln?

Are you sure Ford still owns rights to use the platform? They may have been sold to Prodrive as part of the Aston-Martin deal.

You are probably right. I think the only remaining tech Ford has in house is for the engines, since they are still providing them to Aston Martin I believe.

You are probably right. I think the only remaining tech Ford has in house is for the engines, since they are still providing them to Aston Martin I believe.

hell, even if they did give up the platforms..the tech probably still resides in some engineers brain....still wish they would re-utilize the GT's ( GT40 ) chassis again somewhere...that car was just plain awesome...

hell, even if they did give up the platforms..the tech probably still resides in some engineers brain....still wish they would re-utilize the GT's ( GT40 ) chassis again somewhere...that car was just plain awesome...

It was awesome, but it was also, in hindsight, a terrible waste of funds that could have been used elsewhere more effectively. I want to see another Ford supercar, but there needs to be a Ford still in business to build it.

It was awesome, but it was also, in hindsight, a terrible waste of funds that could have been used elsewhere more effectively. I want to see another Ford supercar, but there needs to be a Ford still in business to build it.

+100%...its all about the timing.........