Possible concession hitting Locals this week

lquidspine

Did the Republican Senators insist on this "proposed" attendance policy change as part of the loan requirements? I doubt it and I find it odd that a change is wanted and how this will help the company increase market share to become profitable again.

Yes they did

What part of having the same WORK RULES dont u understand?? U think Toyota lets people blowoff 9 days before there given a month off?? NO try 4 days and your terminated!!

A source I have has stated sometime this week Local Presidents and Unit Chairman will be getting the concession packages from International. Again this is only from one source but a pretty high ranking source and is not a prediction like our friend CSMJ.

I will seek further information but here is a run down and no official language as to what will be asked of rank and file.

JSP- language changes, not a total elimination but very strict guidelines.

ETAP- gone

Nickel Funds -gone= whats used for things such as sending employee's to black lake

Dependant tuition assistance program- gone

Attendance Policy changes- attendance policy made even stricter than what was in the 2007 contract

Again all this from only one source but a pretty reliable one, he also stated that workers from DTP-body/ Stamping Employee's will be voting on this as early as this coming weeks unit meeting on Saturday.

I will update as I get more information

I'M VOTING NO UNTIL THEY BRING BACK THE JOBS FROM MEXICO , I SUGGEST EVERYONE DOES THE SAME , WE NEED SOME PROTECTION FROM OUTSORCING DONT YOU AGREE !

Heard on Fox 2 news (Detroit) that toyota will not build anything at thier new Mississippi plant due to lack of sales...However, everyone hired to work there will still have a job...Doing nothing :stirpot:

Here's the article:

http://www.freep.com/article/20081215/BUSINESS01/81215046

Read the comments. It's interesting that an article about Toyota slowing down production has turned into a anti-UAW bitch fest.

Yes they did

What part of having the same WORK RULES dont u understand?? U think Toyota lets people blowoff 9 days before there given a month off?? NO try 4 days and your terminated!!

OK, Mr. Know-it All, show me one of the thousands of news articles written on this issue that references the attendance policy. If you can't, STFU and quit posting your bullshit here. Put up, or shut up.

You need to get the big picture and realize that most everyone here thinks and knows you don't know shit.

OK, Mr. Know-it All, show me one of the thousands of news articles written on this issue that references the attendance policy. If you can't, STFU and quit posting your bullshit here. Put up, or shut up.

You need to get the big picture and realize that most everyone here thinks and knows you don't know shit.

I thought I was the only one who thought this guy was an idiot. Everything he says begins with "I told you so". What a moron.

I received an email from our Building Chairman.

He stated ETAP and The Dependent Scholarship Program is suspended.

Just my luck. I'm enrolled at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, and classes start Jan.15th. Just need 40 hours to obtain my Bachelor Of Science in Aviation Maintenance.

I thought Ford wanted to get rid of people. How can you leave without something descent to go to.

I feel that this is counter-productive, but hey this is Ford Motor Company

Nevermind....already answered.

Edited by level

The Ford website had a letter last week to "employees" from Bill saying the education funding has been suspended. When checking the status of an application I had just sent in, it was shown as being paid. Be nice to get another semester of funds.

they told us at sub that people will still be ok for the january semester.

I'M VOTING NO UNTIL THEY BRING BACK THE JOBS FROM MEXICO , I SUGGEST EVERYONE DOES THE SAME , WE NEED SOME PROTECTION FROM OUTSORCING DONT YOU AGREE !

I am with you brother!!! Why should we give the company cuts in wages, benefits and job security when they are investing billions of dollars in Mexico? If we all stood up for what is right for the long term we would be better off. Even though white collars cant vote, they depend on us to keep the jobs in America because they have no voice. For once lets all do the right thing and demand the jobs be brought back from Mexico, Fusion, MKZ, Milan, soon to be Fiesta. 80% of these cars are imported into the U.S. and Canada and should be built in the markets that purchase them!