AAI News

Job 1

Is anyone else wondering why we are getting thrown under the bus instead of getting the axle shop back that was neogotiated in the national contract? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

BIG TIME QUESTION! why is the union absent on afternoon's. the company's talking about laying off this week! where the hell is the fucking union? Your fucking-up somerville! this is christmas time, quit jacking peoples heads up! why would they pay people laid off, and pay transplants across the street when we won axle back in the national agreement? MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS! WAKE UP SUMMERVILLE!

BIG TIME QUESTION! why is the union absent on afternoon's. the company's talking about laying off this week! where the hell is the fucking union? Your fucking-up somerville! this is christmas time, quit jacking peoples heads up! why would they pay people laid off, and pay transplants across the street when we won axle back in the national agreement? MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS! WAKE UP SUMMERVILLE!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that realizes this.

I hear a lot of numbers 100 , 350 , everyone lower then 1998 . Does anyone know a Number/date?

You are close the number will be around 360, what puzzles ne is this. WHY is the union letting the company canvass to move people to trim when the line balance in the plant is not complete (care to respond GS,CM,SM,KH) this like putting the cart in front of the horse. It has been aparent in recent months that the company is running over the bargaining committee, they dont have the expierence to negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag let alone a layoff, the chairman will just probably call Brock Roy like usual for advise because, he does not have the exiperence to deal with this situation at AAI. Unfortinutely for us another rep from a closed plant got elected as chairman at AAI WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! I am not impressed.

That 440# would be everyone under 10Yrs. Could this be Fords game plain? If it is Ford just saved 44million from AAI alone.

that number will probaly go up fords going to keep cutting jobs until they start making money that goes for all fords plants but looks like there starting with aai first. iam glad i got out when i had the chance can theos people take the buyout or is it just layoffs now?

that number will probaly go up fords going to keep cutting jobs until they start making money that goes for all fords plants but looks like there starting with aai first. iam glad i got out when i had the chance can theos people take the buyout or is it just layoffs now?

Been told the $100k may be offered. Also, I understand Gen Pool/Job Banks may be gone soon-BUT as long as the language still exsits, AAI and the union have the responsibility to place 180 people that were outsourced from axle shop into the gen pool. There will be grievances filed if the gen pool is still here and they lay off.

Been told the $100k may be offered. Also, I understand Gen Pool/Job Banks may be gone soon-BUT as long as the language still exsits, AAI and the union have the responsibility to place 180 people that were outsourced from axle shop into the gen pool. There will be grievances filed if the gen pool is still here and they lay off.

Can you explain this in more detail please?

What page of the contract?

I may be involved.

You can PM me if you like.

Thank you

Can you explain this in more detail please?

What page of the contract?

I may be involved.

You can PM me if you like.

Thank you

Volume 1 page 188 discusses the JSP program and states conditions for employees' getting laid off. Throughout this language it discusses the difference between an indefinite layoff and an employee placed in a protected status lay off. The protected status employees' are given the option of an assignment at 100% of their pay or stay home and get 85% of their pay. Page 207 describes outsourced work at one plant and it affected 350 emps'. The 350 emps' are deducted from the volume related job losses and placed in protected status(gen pool as we call it). Look into it and spread the word. Our chairman's voicemail is full and I can't leave a message. But he told me earlier this week he would look into this issue I brought to his attention. I was placed in gen before at my old plant due to outsourceing and our chairman was in gen when his plant closed. I also said there will be grievances filed if there is a layoff while gen exsists. :stats:

Volume 1 page 188 discusses the JSP program and states conditions for employees' getting laid off. Throughout this language it discusses the difference between an indefinite layoff and an employee placed in a protected status lay off. The protected status employees' are given the option of an assignment at 100% of their pay or stay home and get 85% of their pay. Page 207 describes outsourced work at one plant and it affected 350 emps'. The 350 emps' are deducted from the volume related job losses and placed in protected status(gen pool as we call it). Look into it and spread the word. Our chairman's voicemail is full and I can't leave a message. But he told me earlier this week he would look into this issue I brought to his attention. I was placed in gen before at my old plant due to outsourceing and our chairman was in gen when his plant closed. I also said there will be grievances filed if there is a layoff while gen exsists. :stats:

Better have your district rep start filing grievances, there are layoffs and people are in the gen. Back to axel the axel people were placed back in the plant, why would ford put full scale pay employees back in axel ford is getting out of the parts and sub-assembly buisness. I say keep blowing up the Chairmans and Bargaining Committees phones. Hell in the election they all said they would be on the floor, and accessable they said that so you would elect them, now there scared,dont have answers, dont know what to do, maybe CM will come out and M-F some feeble member of management, might make you feel beter but will anything get done probably not.

All somerville is worried about is keeping his relatives working in the plant, they came from wixom with him, makes me wonder how close he was to mamagement at wixom to get all his relatives hired. Dont see the union on days either brother.

Better have your district rep start filing grievances, there are layoffs and people are in the gen. Back to axel the axel people were placed back in the plant, why would ford put full scale pay employees back in axel ford is getting out of the parts and sub-assembly buisness.

Reading Volume 1, page 188, 204, and 207, in regards to "not being able to lay members off when other members are in JSP". It states clearly that they can lay us off as long as its associated with volume related markets and not to exceed 48 weeks. So in other words, they can if their not selling cars. Even the out source language states they can lay us off but not to exceed 48 weeks.

Also please explain to me where it states in the National Contract that our Axle jobs are coming back. The UAW agreed to a two tier wage with new hires up to 20% of the total workforce. This is their agreement with Fords and different from Chry and GM's non core jobs agreement. So why would they (FMC) agree to give back jobs at a higher wage, when they havnt reached the 20% target of lower wage jobs yet? and to top it all off, these are part of the 20% targeted lower wage jobs currently.

Edited by ReDemption

There was never an agreement that the axle jobs are coming back. There were some promises of we will "do everything in our power to get the jobs back" but never an agreement. Ford Motor UAW employees will never get them back, if anything we will lose more jobs to outsourcing in the near future. Crappy to say it, but it is true.

If you have less then 20 years of seniority I would suggest you get out of AAI if at all possible. Now that AAI will be laying off people, other postings from plants will have to be posted at AAI. They will be slim pickings but hopefully everyone will be placed.

This is the worst possible time to have a line speed reduction and a reduction of manpower in my opinion.

There was never an agreement that the axle jobs are coming back. There were some promises of we will "do everything in our power to get the jobs back" but never an agreement. Ford Motor UAW employees will never get them back, if anything we will lose more jobs to outsourcing in the near future. Crappy to say it, but it is true.

If you have less then 20 years of seniority I would suggest you get out of AAI if at all possible. Now that AAI will be laying off people, other postings from plants will have to be posted at AAI. They will be slim pickings but hopefully everyone will be placed.

This is the worst possible time to have a line speed reduction and a reduction of manpower in my opinion.

very true,when i took my buy out people on the line told me that i was stupied for doing it but look now i had 98 senority i knew i wasnt going to last long i just hope for the best for all of you

You deduct the number of people being laid off due to volume reductions from the number of jobs lost due to outsourcing and thats how many hit the streets. Example: 180 jobs lost to outsource of axles. we'll say 400 jobs gone total due to volume related. 180 people go into protective status(gen, if it still exsists) and 220 are laid off.

No reason to continue this until we see what Gettlefinger does. What a mess.

You are close the number will be around 360, what puzzles ne is this. WHY is the union letting the company canvass to move people to trim when the line balance in the plant is not complete (care to respond GS,CM,SM,KH) this like putting the cart in front of the horse. It has been aparent in recent months that the company is running over the bargaining committee, they dont have the expierence to negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag let alone a layoff, the chairman will just probably call Brock Roy like usual for advise because, he does not have the exiperence to deal with this situation at AAI. Unfortinutely for us another rep from a closed plant got elected as chairman at AAI WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! I am not impressed.

Our union reps at AAI are pathetic, your right, they do not know their ass from a hole in the ground. This is a f'n mess. The union in our department, had absolutely no say so in the reduction of jobs and the canvassing of people to go to trim. They just sat and let them do whatever. No information as to where the openings would be in trim. Just do you want to go. Why didn't the union see to it that the membership would be offered some kind of information so that we could make an informed decision as to what we wanted to do???? Now I am hearing about job openings in good units out in trim that I could have easily gone...... hopefully things will start to improve when Obama gets a hold on things and we will all be working again.