Mark Fields

goford

Geesh guys. Give the poor guy some time!! Mark Fields has been with the Ford division for what, 40 days now? It took him a couple of years to turn Mazda around, and BOY did he turn Mazda around. If he can even do a LITTLE bit of that for Ford, he's worth keeping around.

Geesh guys. Give the poor guy some time!! Mark Fields has been with the Ford division for what, 40 days now? It took him a couple of years to turn Mazda around, and BOY did he turn Mazda around. If he can even do a LITTLE bit of that for Ford, he's worth keeping around.

I agree and would like to hear some specifics about why Mark Fields is not a valuable part of Ford's turn-around plan. Surely everyone realizes that one person will never be the complete answer for a company this size in so much trouble. It will take a company wide effort including the dealers.

Frankly, I like what I see in Mark Fields. Have only listened to four of his interviews in the last 45 days or so, but I thought he came across as the right, progressive type profile that Ford needs now. It will surely take a while for him to change Ford's image from staid, bored and customer be damned to something more exciting and reliable again in the customer's mind. He surely is not hurting Ford and then when you look at what he accomplished at Mazda - well like I said - what is it that folks don't like about the guy?

At least give him six months.