Can anyone verify this?

Spring

Does that mean trades also ???? how can they just FIRE YOU!!! sounds more like UE and sub to me, if they suspend JSP..

It might not mean termination. Maybe they will take the two-strike rule down to one. If this is true, choices would probably be go to the plant they tell you, take a buyout, or go home with no pay and benefits with recall rights.

It might not mean termination. Maybe they will take the two-strike rule down to one. If this is true, choices would probably be go to the plant they tell you, take a buyout, or go home with no pay and benefits with recall rights.

Most likely they will put all of us into plants that they(management and union) feel they may need people and then try to thin the ranks with buy outs and retirement. If the number doesn't fall far enough they will ILO by senority.

Most likely they will put all of us into plants that they(management and union) feel they may need people and then try to thin the ranks with buy outs and retirement. If the number doesn't fall far enough they will ILO by senority.

I repeat can you say Saline. Talk to your chairman they where told thursday at the man power meeting what will be happening to any remaining jsp people.

I had pretty much figured about the buyouts in March. I was given some information around November but after the bridge loan hearings I was waiting to see what would happen with the negotiations. I was told that was one of the reasons that Ford didn't actually take any money. Another source said that the company wanted to get rid of another 10,000 people but I don't know how true that is. What concerned me was the one time offer on transfers. That could make things pretty sticky. What if you've got husband/wife laid off and they're offered transfers to different plants? Then I thought that JSP was only suspended, not eliminated. Once you exhaust your weeks out for unemployment, sub would take over 100% at that point, wouldn't it? Then we have extras (labor pool) in every area (absentee pool of approximately 5%). What happens to that if everyone has to be assigned a job? As for getting any information from our chairman, forget it. I don't believe anything he says anyway. I just wondered if anyone else was hearing that at their plant. I can't check with a couple of resources until late next week but got the text message late this afternoon so I was curious. Thanks.

I had pretty much figured about the buyouts in March. I was given some information around November but after the bridge loan hearings I was waiting to see what would happen with the negotiations. I was told that was one of the reasons that Ford didn't actually take any money. Another source said that the company wanted to get rid of another 10,000 people but I don't know how true that is. What concerned me was the one time offer on transfers. That could make things pretty sticky. What if you've got husband/wife laid off and they're offered transfers to different plants? Then I thought that JSP was only suspended, not eliminated. Once you exhaust your weeks out for unemployment, sub would take over 100% at that point, wouldn't it? Then we have extras (labor pool) in every area (absentee pool of approximately 5%). What happens to that if everyone has to be assigned a job? As for getting any information from our chairman, forget it. I don't believe anything he says anyway. I just wondered if anyone else was hearing that at their plant. I can't check with a couple of resources until late next week but got the text message late this afternoon so I was curious. Thanks.

Well just about everything one hears now is rumors nothing more. a couple of things are sure though....WHATEVER happens almost EVERYONE is not going to like it.

One thing to keep in mind here, I worked for Ford in 78, 79 when an economic pile of shit hit the fan too....and trust me on this, the situation is MUCH WORSE NOW than it was then . What I learned then was that when times get bad enough, the system is thrown out the window along with the contract, rules, obligations, your rights and almost EVERYTHING you expect you have coming to you becomes a very big uncertainty and we'll be lucky to get anything at all.

I'm really surprised about new buyouts. Not sure I believe it because if JSP is gone why buy you out? Transfer people according to seniority, if you go fine if not you're out and then ILO per seniority in the affected plants. It's much easier to shed people that way for free so why buy anyone out? Besides where would the money for buyouts come from? Buyouts just make no sense at all under the current conditions. I just cannot see it happening, especially with both Gettlefinger and Ford saying no more buyouts and Hinrichs I think saying they will deal with their excess capacity under the rules of the contract that allow them to do so.

Brothers and Sisters....be afraid. Be very afraid. National seniority is here we just don't know it yet and you better have a lot of it if you want to keep your job at God only knows what plant in what city.

THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHERS FORD MOTOR COMPANY AND UAW ANYMORE

I just got a text message that is going around my plant. It states that "the last buy out will be offered in March. No more Gen. You go where they offer you or you're fired. You must have a job classification. No more extra people."

I heard same thing. Ford will be telling the UAW which plants will not be closing or loosing people and which plants are closing and will be loosing people, those workers at those plants will be the only ones allowed to transfer under the "closing plant" clause which says 1 chance to transfer and your out.

Plants like the cleveland 3 will be taking some workers when Ford announces the CCP closing is to be extended and that there plant #2 which was to close in 010 will be getting the new FORD V8 and V10 Scorpion diesel engines. There plant #1 will be adding shifts also when the rear wheel/all wheel drive engine goes into full production next year with 3 shifts and that plant has a good chance at landing the new I4 that ford has coming in 010 model year.

How about we get rid of the slugs first. We know who they are. Non-working spoiled babies that contribute nothing to the production process. Why should people who actually work worry about their jobs. Get rid of the permanent restrictions(no work available, sorry), the crybabies(WAP got a shitload of those from MTP) and anyone who is just the fat on the meat.

Sorry if this offends you but, this would make way more sense. If you were running a company would you allow people to milk the system like this?

Edited by hajime666

Unless things changed, those engines have already been sourced to Mexico.

wrong

the 4.4L may go there but not the scorpion. Ford will use the fuel eff. loan $ to put this in america. They have asked for over $5 billion from this fund. No payments for 5 yrs and up to 25 yrs to repay the loans.All products using this $ must be made and engineered in America, thats in the bill. If it dont go to cleveland it will go to REP ot Lima either way its staying in the USA.

How about we get rid of the slugs first. We know who they are. Non-working spoiled babies that contribute nothing to the production process. Why should people who actually work worry about their jobs. Get rid of the permanent restrictions(no work available, sorry), the crybabies(WAP got a shitload of those from MTP) and anyone who is just the fat on the meat.

Sorry if this offends you but, this would make way more sense. If you were running a company would you allow people to milk the system like this?

Let me add that if they do all this natioanl seniority crap. Do random drug and alcohol testing,you won't have to worry about laying people off.

Let me add that if they do all this natioanl seniority crap. Do random drug and alcohol testing,you won't have to worry about laying people off.

I registered my name just to reply to your last comment. Sounds like you are a cowardly son of a gun, looking to nail anyone you can just to save your own job. Let me guess, you have less than 15 years and volunteer for any "kiss ass" job handed to you.

It really sounds like you would like to tattle on all the other Ford workers who engage in, how do I say,

recreational activities, just to save your own ass.I don't do drugs, but drink recreationally.

The comment you made sounds like you want to, if already, are a tattle-tale and would put a lot of hard working Union brothers' jobs in jeopardy.

Just give your real name and location and someone from yor same union will "really" let you know what they think about your testing idea!

I registered my name just to reply to your last comment. Sounds like you are a cowardly son of a gun, looking to nail anyone you can just to save your own job. Let me guess, you have less than 15 years and volunteer for any "kiss ass" job handed to you.

It really sounds like you would like to tattle on all the other Ford workers who engage in, how do I say,

recreational activities, just to save your own ass.I don't do drugs, but drink recreationally.

The comment you made sounds like you want to, if already, are a tattle-tale and would put a lot of hard working Union brothers' jobs in jeopardy.

Just give your real name and location and someone from yor same union will "really" let you know what they think about your testing idea!

The consumption of alcohol is not illegal and therefore not grounds for dismissal, if you don't drink on the job then you have nothing to fear. The use of illegal narcotics is illegal anywhere, anytime, and any place, and Ford is one of the few companies that have not already adopted a random testing policy. I like the idea, regardless of seniority and think it also needs to be implemented as a condition of receiving government poverty entitlements ie; welfare, section 8, ADC cash, and food stamps. In addition, how about random testing of government officials?

How is it that anyone should be tolerated for service failures, and risking the welfare of others, while those who try to live within the law and do their job safely are the ones going to be out-placed. Almost every other company in the U.S. has a random policy, why do some feel that they are somehow entitled to liberties that no one else is?

Allot of the criticisms I hear from the public, allot of the stereotypes of us surrounds a hand full that are known controlled substance abusers, albeit the minority but we all carry the label. "Overpaid substance abusers" implementing such a policy would help improve quality, and clean up our image! I realize we have jobs that can cripple you, but a doctors care can eliminate some of your aches and pains legally.

Edited by Furious1Auto

This is a hard subject to disagree with due to the fact that by simply disagreeing, it may paint the picture that the person disagreeing with the idea is trying to cover for someone. I do however disagree with random testing. There are already policies in place to test people. If a supervisor feels someone on the floor is under the influence, he has the right to send them to the plant hospital for evaluation. If that person refuses to go and leaves the building, he is automatically disciplined. (assumed guilty)

Once at the plant hospital, the nurse/doctor gives the individual a field test. If in their opinion after the field test, the person may be under the influence, they test him. If they feel the person is sober, they send him back to work.

Also, anytime someone is driving in the plant and causes an accident, they are automatically sent to the hospital for evaluation.

To allow random testing is just giving management the ability to harass individuals they may not care for. I'm not trying to paint the picture that all of management would do this, but there are some that would.

The consumption of alcohol is not illegal and therefore not grounds for dismissal, if you don't drink on the job then you have nothing to fear. The use of illegal narcotics is illegal anywhere, anytime, and any place, and Ford is one of the few companies that have not already adopted a random testing policy. I like the idea, regardless of seniority and think it also needs to be implemented as a condition of receiving government poverty entitlements ie; welfare, section 8, ADC cash, and food stamps. In addition, how about random testing of government officials?

How is it that anyone should be tolerated for service failures, and risking the welfare of others, while those who try to live within the law and do their job safely are the ones going to be out-placed. Almost every other company in the U.S. has a random policy, why do some feel that they are somehow entitled to liberties that no one else is?

Allot of the criticisms I hear from the public, allot of the stereotypes of us surrounds a hand full that are known controlled substance abusers, albeit the minority but we all carry the label. "Overpaid substance abusers" implementing such a policy would help improve quality, and clean up our image! I realize we have jobs that can cripple you, but a doctors care can eliminate some of your aches and pains legally.

your a little off the topic, eh!

Hey make any policy you want, BUT it has to be across the board, it has to apply to everybody in America.

Regardless what position you hold, President, Congress, Supreme Court, Doctors, janitor, gardener etc. Just let me know when the policy goes into effect so I can buy some stock ahead of time. It could be a replacement for manufacturing in this country, we can be the substance police for the whole world. Yeah I like this, just think, the data bases that need to be set up, we can collect information on what people are eating and sell it to direct mailers, IT infrastructure, I think were on to something.

People will need training in proper pee procedures, restrictions on hair chemicals, just think of all the spin off possibilities. New company Drug Lock protect your drug habits from suspecting people, yeah this has possibilities... The hell with the constitution those people were old drunk, coke heads anyway.

Amen brother