2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it smoke? I see a ton of Intrepids that puff a little blue smoke when they take off.

The only smoke I've noticed is under full throttle - other than that no. I only have about 87K on it though. I think it's a slightly different engine than the Intrepid - it's a 3.5L.

I was finally able to access my Earthlink e-mail and my salesman wrote to say my Fusion had officially been built! :happy feet: He estimated two weeks for delivery. Whoo hoo!!! :yahoo:

Congrats, I'm picking up my Milan hybrid tomorrow. It took 2 weeks to get to the dealer in Cleveland from the time it was built.

I was finally able to access my Earthlink e-mail and my salesman wrote to say my Fusion had officially been built! :happy feet: He estimated two weeks for delivery. Whoo hoo!!! :yahoo:

I better go down to Elk River Ford and ask. I'm hope mine is done too. 2 weeks? That means week ending the 9th for delivery. JESUS I CAN'T WAIT.

For those Hybrid orders who had a production week of 4/20, it looks like things are right on track!! :happy feet: :yahoo::woohoo:

Here is my info:

Scheduling, Status, Plant Status, Delivery Date (ETA)

Awaiting Shipment Sent Offsite - 14-28b (Allied Systems Ltd )Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SOApr-24-2009, 03:20 MT, TBD

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 14 (Axis Logistica S. De R.l. De C.v. )Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SOApr-24-2009, 02:45 MT, TBD

In Production, Produced, Ford Hermosillo Assembly, Apr-23-2009, TBD

In Production, Body Shop, Ford Hermosillo Assembly, Apr-22-2009, TBD

In Production, Sent to Plant, Ford Hermosillo Assembly, Apr-16-2009, TBD

In Order, Processing Scheduled to Day (Apr-23-2009), Ford Hermosillo Assembly, Apr-07-2009, TBD

In Order, Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Apr-20-2009),Ford Hermosillo Assembly, Mar-31-2009

In Order, ProcessingUnscheduled, CleanMar-17-2009

Edited by LIGHTNING_KID

I couldn't get a DORA from my dealer either - just the order confirmation from Ford HQ.

My order was placed around 3/17 and I had the dealer do an inquiry this week and it's supposedly bucked as well.

Looks like these will be coming in faster than expected. Initially I didn't think I'de see it until June or July.

That ADP0L3A is the generic part of the Hybrid VIN #'s

This is a little off topic from that of the hybrid builds... But does anyone know how long after a VIN number is allocated does the building begin?

This is week number 2 for me and I have the actual VIN but manufacturing has not yet begun according to my inquiry... I have a regular gasoline/SPORT edition on order.

Thanks for your replies...

RTW819 - let me know when you have an approximate delivery date to your dealer. My HROV came in on 3/20 so I'm thinking end of May for delivery to my dealer in New Jersey. Thanks.

Order status question?

Talked to the Dealership today, and they looked at the status of my FFH order. When he looked in Conceps and did a Status Inquiry, in place of a VIN number, he said it had a Tag: ADP0L3A. I'm fairly certain the P0L part is for the Hybrid Series (Body) Code, aside from that does anyone have any ideas what this may mean? He also mentioned the screen showed him a Status of "No Open Trace". Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I've done some googling, but not found much noteworthy. The dealer is planning on calling their Ford Representative on Monday to try to get some additional info. I thought this might be a good place to ask in the mean time.

FYI - I ordered on 3/14 with the deposit and they got a "Hybrid Retail Order Verification Program" confirmation email on 3/31. I've been asking for a copy of the DORA for tax purposes, but I got the HROV instead? Does anyone know what a DORA should look like?

Thanks for fielding all our questions!

RTW819 - let me know when you have an approximate delivery date to your dealer. My HROV came in on 3/20 so I'm thinking end of May for delivery to my dealer in New Jersey. Thanks.

Hi Joe308, will do. I did manage to learn that my FFH has a VIN# now :hyper: , but no other status info was available. The dealer mentioned that the first two (mine was second) of a dozen or so FFH's they ordered actually received VIN's, so, at least that is something! Guess I'll just have to be patient, I suppose. :) Feel like I did when I was a kid waiting for Christmas morning! Will post updates as I know more.

I picked up my Fusion Hybrid this afternoon (Friday). It arrived a little earlier than I expected :P. Build week was the week of April 6th, so it took 2 weeks from the end of the build week until I received it.

The Fusion looks great in person! I haven't had a chance to really drive it around much, but my first impressions are really good. The most notable thing at first was starting the car and not hearing any engine noise or vibrations. It starts up almost completely silent except for the chime and on-screen indicator. I must have run the AC while parked looking through the on-screen menus for five minutes before the gas engine kicked in to recharge the battery.

I spent a good hour going through the demo/tutorial and messing around with the nav console. I strongly recommend getting the nav system - it makes operating SYNC and other components of the car much easier, and it's great for any geeks out there.

I haven't had a chance to really push the engines, and I haven't even driven on any highways yet, but from what I did experience, it was very fluid going from gas to EV mode while driving. The only time the transition was noticeable was when parked - not bad, but noticeable. I figure that won't be a common occurrence once the battery system has a chance to charge, unless you sit parked for extended periods of time while drawing power with the AC, etc. It's very comfortable inside, and finding a driving position didn't take much effort. I found no problem with headroom even with the moon roof option.

I'll post some more updates once I have more time to play around with it. For now I'm just relieved that my wait is finally over :D Good luck to everyone else expecting theirs soon!

I picked up my Fusion Hybrid this afternoon (Friday). It arrived a little earlier than I expected :P. Build week was the week of April 6th, so it took 2 weeks from the end of the build week until I received it.

Congratulations! Mine is not much older, but I do love it so far. I hope you will too.

The Fusion looks great in person! I haven't had a chance to really drive it around much, but my first impressions are really good. The most notable thing at first was starting the car and not hearing any engine noise or vibrations. It starts up almost completely silent except for the chime and on-screen indicator. I must have run the AC while parked looking through the on-screen menus for five minutes before the gas engine kicked in to recharge the battery.

I spent a good hour going through the demo/tutorial and messing around with the nav console. I strongly recommend getting the nav system - it makes operating SYNC and other components of the car much easier, and it's great for any geeks out there.

I haven't had a chance to really push the engines, and I haven't even driven on any highways yet, but from what I did experience, it was very fluid going from gas to EV mode while driving. The only time the transition was noticeable was when parked - not bad, but noticeable. I figure that won't be a common occurrence once the battery system has a chance to charge, unless you sit parked for extended periods of time while drawing power with the AC, etc. It's very comfortable inside, and finding a driving position didn't take much effort. I found no problem with headroom even with the moon roof option.

I'll post some more updates once I have more time to play around with it. For now I'm just relieved that my wait is finally over :D Good luck to everyone else expecting theirs soon!

Awesome!!! Congrats and enjoy your new Fusion!!! :)

Well mine has been produced and presumably shipped my dealer called me when it had been built but I haven't talked to him since then and its been a week. Anyways went to the credit union and managed to snag pre-approval for a 60 month loan at 4% interest rate. Very nice. Now I just have to call AAA to get my agent aware of me getting a new car soon. Does anyone know if AAA offers a discount for driving a hybrid???

Way to go! I too am looking forward to being able to sit and wait for the kids in comfort without having to run the engine...

Way to go! I too am looking forward to being able to sit and wait for the kids in comfort without having to run the engine...

That will hurt the mileage, as the gas engine will still have to kick in to recharge the battery. However, of course, "bad mileage" in this case is relative to the Fusion Hybrid itself, not relative to the conventional sedans...

Well mine has been produced and presumably shipped my dealer called me when it had been built but I haven't talked to him since then and its been a week. Anyways went to the credit union and managed to snag pre-approval for a 60 month loan at 4% interest rate. Very nice. Now I just have to call AAA to get my agent aware of me getting a new car soon. Does anyone know if AAA offers a discount for driving a hybrid???

I actually don't know for sure, but I don't think so -- when I updated my insurance (also with AAA), I told them that it's a Hybrid (and they would be able to tell from the VIN anyway). It was only $350 less than my (4-year-old, for sure) Lincoln LS, although, obviously, the Lincoln had a 4-year history on it while the Fusion was new so would have usually cost more, but it's also explainable that it's not a premium brand. What I did forget to tell them (and I'll call them next week) is that the car has BLIS and backup camera; I don't know if that would make a difference.

That will hurt the mileage, as the gas engine will still have to kick in to recharge the battery. However, of course, "bad mileage" in this case is relative to the Fusion Hybrid itself, not relative to the conventional sedans...

Oh, believe me I understand, the energy has to come from somewhere - but at least with these cars it's JUST the energy to run the climate system, not the honking great load of wasted heat a normal car would be using.

It makes me crazy to see long lines of parents idling their SUVs just to stay comfy, knowing that I will break down and join them when I get sweaty enough...

Actually, I feel the same way at long stoplights. i turn off my car but AFAIK few other non-hybrid owners do.