2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, believe me I understand, the energy has to come from somewhere - but at least with these cars it's JUST the energy to run the climate system, not the honking great load of wasted heat a normal car would be using.

It makes me crazy to see long lines of parents idling their SUVs just to stay comfy, knowing that I will break down and join them when I get sweaty enough...

Actually, I feel the same way at long stoplights. i turn off my car but AFAIK few other non-hybrid owners do.

Guess my other reply was late :)

I only turn off my car at reeeaallly long lights where I know the timing well.

Thanks everyone. This is an amazing car. I feel like taking a road trip just so I have an excuse to drive it more. I'm finding that the more I drive it, the more I appreciate everything it offers. Ford has really done an excellent job integrating lots of complicated technology into an easy to use high-quality system. I can't think of any other make that comes close.

A few more notes...

* The car feels very solid. Opening and closing the doors, the trunk, and even the gas tank flap just feel very high quality. It's as if it's a Mercedes or BMW, but with better historical reliability ;-).

* The Hybrid has a lot more power than I expected. Accelerating onto a freeway is a breeze -- it feels like a V6 is under the hood when pressing down on the accelerator. I was a little concerned after having driven a Prius rental awhile back, as the Prius felt weak and timid under acceleration. But the Fusion Hybrid seems to have plenty of power to spare when you need it, and the transition between EV-only and gas mode is very seamless.

* The rear view camera is great. I have a narrow driveway, and the panoramic view of the rear view camera really helps to see if anyone is coming. You can literally see both sides of the road, which you may not see just by turning your head.

* The leather seats are very comfortable. They have a nice balance of firmness and softness, and they angle out at the side edges so you don't slide off the seat during a hard turn.

* My FFH had an average of 2.0 MPG when I picked it up from the dealer. It must have started at 0, as the average seems to be working it's way up as I drive. I found myself glancing at the real-time MPG gauge frequently to see the affect of my driving at any moment. As you would expect, coasting immediately shoots the real-time MPG gauge up to 60 MPG, whereas pressing down on the accelerator causes it to dive into the 20's or lower. Once you come to a complete stop, the real-time MPG gauge drops all the way to 0 MPG. Now I just need to work on getting the average up higher.

* It was extremely easy synchronizing my phone with the SYNC system. All my contacts, call history, etc. are now accessible via sync. The voice recognition is surprisingly accurate. It took me awhile to figure out how to voice-operate my iPod connected to the USB port via SYNC. I finally figured out that you have to say "USB" to get to the correct voice menu first. Then you can use this cheat sheet. It probably seems obvious, but the key thing with SYNC is to know how to correctly issue the commands and then speak clearly.

* The stereo system sounds much better in stereo mode than surround mode in my opinion, at least for music.

Where do you live?

Houston. What's funny is it spent two or three days in the city before it showed at the dealer. I presume that they wait until they fill up a delivery truck before delivering.

Oh, believe me I understand, the energy has to come from somewhere - but at least with these cars it's JUST the energy to run the climate system, not the honking great load of wasted heat a normal car would be using.

It makes me crazy to see long lines of parents idling their SUVs just to stay comfy, knowing that I will break down and join them when I get sweaty enough...

Actually, I feel the same way at long stoplights. i turn off my car but AFAIK few other non-hybrid owners do.

Totally agree. Today I drove to this park where I go running, and I noticed a woman parked in front of me was running her car engine when I got out, presumably to run the AC, and then another car parked two vehicles behind me was doing the same. After my 45 minute run, I came back and they were both still running! They could have just opened their windows as the weather was nice, and left the ignition in accessory mode if they needed the radio. I don't get it.

It's great being able to turn on my FFH and not hear any engine noise. With the windows rolled up and radio/climate off, the only noise I can hear is the sound of the SYNC's hard drive, which is barely noticeable.

One of the things I noticed today -- and perhaps I'm nitpicking, and I will say that this doesn't cause me to think any less of the car -- is that when there are three or four people in the car, the ride quality definitely suffers, as the car does not appear to go over the same surfaces as smoothly as when I am driving alone. I guess the suspension on the car is more intended for a solo driver. :sandbox:

One of the things I noticed today -- and perhaps I'm nitpicking, and I will say that this doesn't cause me to think any less of the car -- is that when there are three or four people in the car, the ride quality definitely suffers, as the car does not appear to go over the same surfaces as smoothly as when I am driving alone. I guess the suspension on the car is more intended for a solo driver. :sandbox:

Car's in, picking it up tomorrow!!!

Exactly when promised, too!

To all our compadres out there waiting for their cars to be produced - I hope the plant isn't affected by the flu situation....

Congrats.

I don't think Hermosillo's one of the areas seriously stricken, but driving a car from there has certainly made me a hog for mileage!

Car's in, picking it up tomorrow!!!

Exactly when promised, too!

To all our compadres out there waiting for their cars to be produced - I hope the plant isn't affected by the flu situation....

SWEET!!!!

Enjoy your new Fusion!!! :happy feet:

Picked my FFH up today - very attractive in ice blue. Drives nicely, although I was getting a bit distracted getting in and out of EV mode, etc. Sync is very nice.

I like the brakes very much, and the steering is fine. I am going to have to get used to the suspension, a bit softer than what I am used to (although total grip is quite good). Seems to have sufficient power (although I am going to have to get a lot better if I am to get up to 47 mph in EV mode).

Interior is really nice and it will be a while before I am totally conversant with all the tech. Paired up my BB and made a call, although I couldn't get it to voice dial.

Very quiet, just as others have said. My route has lots of ups and down, and boy does this car have low drag - I put it into neutral to compare with my 300M (which coasts really well) and it is even better, as one would expect.

Tomorrow I will get a chance to take it on the freeway and see how it does at speed.

Dealer said they have ordered 5 - one for their stock which they had received and sold previously, mine is the first customer order and first to be delivered.

I like the brakes very much, and the steering is fine. I am going to have to get used to the suspension, a bit softer than what I am used to (although total grip is quite good). Seems to have sufficient power (although I am going to have to get a lot better if I am to get up to 47 mph in EV mode).

My last car had a really stiff suspension, so the FFH suspension feels soft to me too. That's not a bad thing though. The roads near me are so rough that my last car would frequently jump around nervously just going down the road. The FFH is much better able to handle the rough pavement without giving me whiplash.

The biggest difference for me is getting used to the bigger size. It just feels like a bigger and much more substantial vehicle than anything I've driven before. But I'm really enjoying it so far.

I went to the dealer tonight to sign the purchase agreement so I can secure a loan through my Credit Union and the salesman said my car will be loaded on a train tomorrow and about 10 days to get to the dealership. I ended up financing through the dealership for .76% less. :D He said there have been some delays due to the flu. He also said my car was built on a Wednesday, the best day of the week for new cars. ;)

Yeah and Monday and Friday's are sometimes considered the lemon day cars, because folks don't want to be there....

However this is only upon individual superstitions and thoughts... I have faith in the vendors that they inspect and validate them all... And after all, that's why we have a warranty right?

Yeah and Monday and Friday's are sometimes considered the lemon day cars, because folks don't want to be there....

However this is only upon individual superstitions and thoughts... I have faith in the vendors that they inspect and validate them all... And after all, that's why we have a warranty right?

I agree. I have to believe quality control standards are very high throughout the week. I kind of chuckled inside when he said it, I thought he was just trying to stroke me. Wait... that didn't sound right. I meant stroke me in a good way. Wait... that didn't sound right either. Time to go to work, I better get out of here. :speedie:

Edited by transitman

Well, I've added almost 200 miles to the new FFH so far. Only down to 3/4 of a tank, and the computer says I am doing over 37 mpg so far and rising. So far everything is as promised (except for continuing difficulty pairing my BB up with Sync). The last car I had that got this kind of mileage was a 1978 Ford Fiesta (1.6L Kent engine actually built in Kent!) which although a great car was practically a horse and buggy compared to this.

As my commute route has a few hills/grades on it, I am seeing a consistent pattern of when the battery is more highly charged and when it is not - working on a strategy to take advantage of that. I do find myself being less stressed out about having to slow/stop for traffic on the road since I know I'm not losing all the energy to brake friction. (As for the idiots who don't know how to drive, well, not so much)

As nelsonlu and others have said, BLIS is a welcome surprise, as is the quiet especially when running electrically. I sort of feel the urge to floor it and see what full throttle feels like except I hate to lose my leaves!

Needless to say the teenagers in the house love the colored interior lights. I hope that I can take the time this weekend to hook up an iPod and try that out.

My FFH has been in a primary status of "Awaiting Shipment" since 4/21. It was set to a secondary status of "Released" on Thursday, but still does not show as having been shipped. The darn CNN Flu has held it up for an extra five or six days from the looks of it.

I'll be emailing my dealer again on Wed or Thursday to get an update.

Well the car is at the dealership!!! Arrived this morning!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

FINALLY....

So I ran around getting my insurance and credit union on board, I'm going to pick it up on my lunch break tomorrow....Cant freaking wait!

Well the car is at the dealership!!! Arrived this morning!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

FINALLY....

So I ran around getting my insurance and credit union on board, I'm going to pick it up on my lunch break tomorrow....Cant freaking wait!

Finally is right! Congrats and enjoy.

My FFH has been in a primary status of "Awaiting Shipment" since 4/21. It was set to a secondary status of "Released" on Thursday, but still does not show as having been shipped. The darn CNN Flu has held it up for an extra five or six days from the looks of it.

I'll be emailing my dealer again on Wed or Thursday to get an update.

Well my FFH has been in "Released" status since 4/21, so I called Ford Customer Relations again today and it looks like it has made it to Tuscon Arizona awaiting transportation, but no ETA. I have to think it will be here in San Jose before the end of next week.

Well picked up my Camry Hybrid killer today....freaking love it!! First drive to work I managed to average 52.3 mpg!!!! :ohsnap:

The car is so quiet it is almost scary, even driving down the freeway doing 65mph with windows closed and it is freaky quiet. And the Sony 12 speaker sound system sounds quite nice for car audio and plenty loud.

Then had to take a 90 mile roadtrip tonight and averaged 41.2mpg on a basically all highway trip, very very very impressive to me especially since my last car got 25mpg on a great day.

Well picked up my Camry Hybrid killer today....freaking love it!! First drive to work I managed to average 52.3 mpg!!!! :ohsnap:

The car is so quiet it is almost scary, even driving down the freeway doing 65mph with windows closed and it is freaky quiet. And the Sony 12 speaker sound system sounds quite nice for car audio and plenty loud.

Then had to take a 90 mile roadtrip tonight and averaged 41.2mpg on a basically all highway trip, very very very impressive to me especially since my last car got 25mpg on a great day.

Congratulations!