2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

Actually, if I go by when I placed my first order it more like 27 weeks... :finger:

Tomato, tomatoe :D

Sundedo, I hear you on your frustration with your new Fusion. Again, I know that this isn't the place to talk about SUV (trucks), but I just have to say that I'm anticipating my truck to be about 18 weeks in the making. Some what similar to yours, but my first one that I ordered never even got off the ground. So I can empathize with you on the wait. :yup:

So hang in there and remember that it will be worth it. I have to remember that myself. We can have a party when all said and done :party:

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my fusion amazingly showed up and I was able to recieve it last night...

I have posted some quick/early pictures of it in a new thread for you all to see.... As others say this car ROCKS! Seats hug and plush (my passengers say they can fall asleep in them).... Car drives like you wouldn't imagine, and man I don't want to push that Sport's engine to much! DAMN we've got punch!

Well my fusion amazingly showed up and I was able to recieve it last night...

I have posted some quick/early pictures of it in a new thread for you all to see.... As others say this car ROCKS! Seats hug and plush (my passengers say they can fall asleep in them).... Car drives like you wouldn't imagine, and man I don't want to push that Sport's engine to much! DAMN we've got punch!

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrats!!!

Just got a call from my dealer. My Fusion is in!!!! :yahoo:

They're putting together financing numbers for me and I should be able to pick it up later this afternoon (that is of course only if it's the right engine this time... ;) )

Awesome news sundedo... Glad yours didnt' get lost for a week like mine did... And equal enjoy your ride compliments from this end!

Just got a call from my dealer. My Fusion is in!!!! :yahoo:

They're putting together financing numbers for me and I should be able to pick it up later this afternoon (that is of course only if it's the right engine this time... ;) )

Awesome news sundedo... Glad yours didnt' get lost for a week like mine did... And equal enjoy your ride compliments from this end!

LOL, thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if our vehicles were actually on the same train. They may have just miss read the tracking info...

All my financing is set up and I should be picking it up around 5 pm :yahoo:

LOL, thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if our vehicles were actually on the same train. They may have just miss read the tracking info...

All my financing is set up and I should be picking it up around 5 pm :yahoo:

Congratulations. You said that it should be here today and like others have said, lets hope it is correct this time.

Enjoy and of course pictures.

Got it... and LOVE it!!! I'm so happy I didn't settle for the 2.5L. The 3.0 is a pure pleasure to drive.

Fit and finish on this vehicle is outstanding. Road noise is no existent. I would have taken pictures, but it was getting dark and is too rainy. Hopefully the clouds will part long enough tomorrow so I can snap some pics. It looks exactly like the 2.5 that they ordered initially with the exception of the SelectShift and the dual exhaust for the 3.0.

My FFH 501A+, Atlantis Green, arrived at the dealer today -- 4 days ahead of the projected date. There's a bit of checking and prep to do. I hope to pick it up tomorrow. That would mean the total waiting time from order date of May 13 to June 19 was just 5 weeks. Not bad at all. This is going to be a very fun weekend!

How long did it take to learn all the tricks of BLIS, Sync, the gauges, etc.? Should I just drive it and "learn on the job?"

P.S. Trading in my trash heap of a 1997 Taurus, so staying Ford loyal here (have owned Fords since 1986!).

Edited by Juris

My FFH 501A+, Atlantis Green, arrived at the dealer today -- 4 days ahead of the projected date. There's a bit of checking and prep to do. I hope to pick it up tomorrow. That would mean the total waiting time from order date of May 13 to June 19 was just 5 weeks. Not bad at all. This is going to be a very fun weekend!

How long did it take to learn all the tricks of BLIS, Sync, the gauges, etc.? Should I just drive it and "learn on the job?"

P.S. Trading in my trash heap of a 1997 Taurus, so staying Ford loyal here (have owned Fords since 1986!).

Please post pictures of that Atlantis green when you can... I have yet to see it in person and would really like to know what it looks like..

Also very impressed with your turn around time... Hermisillo must be really ramping up production time!

As for learning BLIS there's not much to it... The amber lights on the side mirror's really do just light up when someone's there.. and you notice it when you need to use it.. Backup part of the BLIS can be tempermental but you learn what it's yelling about quickly..

I can't speak to the guage as I have a 3.5L V6 Sport... Maybe your HYBRID colleagues on here can help...

As for driving and learning you'll get that enough... let your sales rep go through alot of the car with you to learn the "nuances" and then definately read the owners manual... the capless fill has a few tidbits that are good to note, and so forth. Your biggest learning curve will be SYNC... It's a big system with a bit of attitude at times (I say that jesting as you learn what it doesn't like quick, but it is a AWESOME system!) And SYNC is something I couldn't live without... I guess I'm now locked into FORD's from here on out hunh? :) LOL

Dude... Enjoy your wheels, I'm sure you will like the rest of us!

Congrats on your new FFH!!! :happy feet:

IN my experience so far, I've had to work at not getting absorbed by the display while trying to stay in EV mode all the time. I think I am now able to drive "by the seat of my pants" more than before (like learning to fly without being cockpit-fixated).

I also find myself begrudging the little trips I know will result in a lower mpg. Most of them are unavoidable, but that after all is the point... to improve our overall efficiency.

I haven't used Sync much - my BB doesn't want to connect but it's not important enough to spend time on. The voice control is cool for Nav, but I know where I'm going!

Please post pictures of that Atlantis green when you can... I have yet to see it in person and would really like to know what it looks like..

Here's a comparison of Atlantis Green to the Black Fusion: http://ffh.squarespace.com/blog/2009/4/17/...n-revealed.html

The Atlantis Green was so dark, especially in cloudy conditions, that I went with the Sterling gray which is beautiful. I personally didn't want a really dark color.

Edited by WPWoodJr

Here's a comparison of Atlantis Green to the Black Fusion: http://ffh.squarespace.com/blog/2009/4/17/...n-revealed.html

The Atlantis Green was so dark, especially in cloudy conditions, that I went with the Sterling gray which is beautiful. I personally didn't want a really dark color.

Agreed. We just got a 2010 Fusion in last week in the Atlantis Green. Unfortunately, Ford's color palette is leaning very heavily towards darker colors... Black, Tuxedo Black, Atlantis Green, Dark Ink Blue, Sterling Gray, etc.

Wowch... That green is definately really really dark... Even in bright sunlight... That's strange!

Must be the green of atlantis the long lost city, in the bismal abyss!!! :)

Wowch... That green is definately really really dark... Even in bright sunlight... That's strange!

Must be the green of atlantis the long lost city, in the bismal abyss!!! :)

Could be. Will get the car later today (bright sunny day). My daughter is an artist and she chose the color! I've had all kinds of blue and silver Fords (Tauruses). Had white and rally green in the old days (VW bug, Dasher). Don't like red cars (though had a maroon Malibu once). So I am happy to go with something different.

Edited by Juris

BTW/ has anyone here purchases extended warranty on FFH? Any thoughts on it?

I got the 5 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I like to drive, a lot, and with all the tech in this car that looks extremely expensive to replace if it breaks, I didn't want to worry about it.

There is a $500 deductible after the initial 3/36k warranty runs out, but I figure if the nav system or dashboard breaks, the warranty will pay for itself.

That said, I'm hoping that it is money wasted.

I got the 5 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I like to drive, a lot, and with all the tech in this car that looks extremely expensive to replace if it breaks, I didn't want to worry about it.

There is a $500 deductible after the initial 3/36k warranty runs out, but I figure if the nav system or dashboard breaks, the warranty will pay for itself.

THX. That's my thinking, too. It's just that I'm getting slightly shell-shocked as I add up all the real costs and am about to hand over a huge check. Cost of this car is significantly more than I've ever spent before. True, I started out with a VW bug for $1,935. (But that's also when a dollar was really a dollar. In today's dollars that would cost $11,300.)

I got a 4 year/100K miles extended warranty myself -- basically, it's an insurance policy against a major problem, which, as you said, I'm hoping to be money-wasted as well. Note, though, that for the hybrid, any hybrid-system parts is covered for 8 years/100K miles. (I am expecting to run out of the 100K range close to the 4-year mark, as I drive about 25K miles per year.)

That having been said, it has been asserted by various media that hybrids of all manufacturers appear to be substantially more reliable in the long-term than their conventional siblings, due to the lack of wear and tear on moving parts. My guess is that I'd replace this vehicle in about five years -- hopefully with a plug-in solar-capable (as in, actually being able to recharge/run on solar energy, as opposed to the Prius "solar-powered ventilator") Fusion Hybrid. B)

Edited by nelsonlu