Will Toyota Change It's Ways?

WC-MAN

Toyota lost 1.8 Billion. It doesn't take a market insider to see toyota is the most like the big three of any Japanese (or other foreign) automaker. Its also pretty obvious toyota is getting hit harder than companies with more traditional lineups like Honda or BMW. Toyota worked hard to compete with Ford, GM, and Chrysler in minivans, full-sized trucks, and big SUV's. They started a "youth brand" (a very American move) to try to get more customers. Now I wonder if they are going to change their ways?

Toyota came to prominence making reliable, well-built small cars. Will they start to constrict their lineup to more Hondaesque proportions? Will the Tundra and its tough talking "trucker" disappear?

Toyota lost 1.8 Billion. It doesn't take a market insider to see toyota is the most like the big three of any Japanese (or other foreign) automaker. Its also pretty obvious toyota is getting hit harder than companies with more traditional lineups like Honda or BMW. Toyota worked hard to compete with Ford, GM, and Chrysler in minivans, full-sized trucks, and big SUV's. They started a "youth brand" (a very American move) to try to get more customers. Now I wonder if they are going to change their ways?

Toyota came to prominence making reliable, well-built small cars. Will they start to constrict their lineup to more Hondaesque proportions? Will the Tundra and its tough talking "trucker" disappear?

But the Tundra is the truck that's changing it all, why would it go away? :hysterical:

If anything, it seems like they're continuing to expand the lineup with vehicles like Venza.

Is there a web site that lists Toyota sales by individual model? I'd like to know what Tundra sold for Jan '09. Were'nt they predicting 300,000 Tundras per year or was it 200,000?

I'm sure there is, search for Toyota sales or something, I'm sure it'll be there. Yeah, I believe 200,000 was the prediction, and I don't know if they even sold half of that.

That Lexus based on the Land Cruiser reminds me of a Wizard of Id comic.

Rodney's talking to a guy with an ice cream pushcart:

Rodney: What are your prices?

Ice Cream Guy: $.10, $.20, and $.80

Rodney: How many dips do you get on the $.10 cone?

Ice Cream Guy: one

Rodney: How many dips do you get on the $.20 cone?

Ice Cream Guy: two

Rodney: How many dips do you get on the $.80 cone?

Ice Cream Guy: About three a day