2010 Fusion (non-hybrid)

jeffbarna

Does anyone have any idea when the non-hybrid Fusions will start arriving at the dealerships? My dealer is checking but I haven't heard back yet. Also, can anyone guess when some incentives might be available? There's $3,500 in discounts on the '09's. I want to hold out for a '10, but would sure like to have another couple grand off. If I order a car when there are no advertised incentives, but there are when the car comes in and is ready for delivery, can I still get them...or does it go by the order date? Got my x-plan pin and ready to order, but trying to hold out for a little bit more off! Thanks.

Does anyone have any idea when the non-hybrid Fusions will start arriving at the dealerships? My dealer is checking but I haven't heard back yet. Also, can anyone guess when some incentives might be available? There's $3,500 in discounts on the '09's. I want to hold out for a '10, but would sure like to have another couple grand off. If I order a car when there are no advertised incentives, but there are when the car comes in and is ready for delivery, can I still get them...or does it go by the order date? Got my x-plan pin and ready to order, but trying to hold out for a little bit more off! Thanks.

The incentives are based on what's available at the time of delivery.

Also, make sure you are aware of the current rebates before going to pick up your car. I ordered a 2008 Escape and when I ordered it, there were no rebates, but by they time it arrived there was a $500 rebate. They told me that there were no rebates available on the Escape when I purchased it. I became furious and told them to check the Ford website if they didn't believe me. They kept trying to tell me that they just printed off the official rebate forms from Ford and there wasn't any rebates available. I told them their deal was off and proceded to walk away. They then went to reprint their "Official" rebate forms from Ford and found the 500 rebate. Idiots.....

I doubt there will be any substantial rebates on the '10, like are what on the '09 now, for awhile. There seems to be a strong demand for it.

If you are looking at payment and rebates only, I would suggest finding an '09 with the options you want before they are all gone.

If I order a car when there are no advertised incentives, but there are when the car comes in and is ready for delivery, can I still get them...or does it go by the order date?

I remember when my dad ordered a Mercury back in 1988, there was no incentive. When it arrived, there was a $400 incentive in effect. The dealer gave it to him, even though he did not know there was one. A nice surprise for my dad, especially nice since the dealer could have not said anything and kept the money since the deal was already done.

I remember when my dad ordered a Mercury back in 1988, there was no incentive. When it arrived, there was a $400 incentive in effect. The dealer gave it to him, even though he did not know there was one. A nice surprise for my dad, especially nice since the dealer could have not said anything and kept the money since the deal was already done.

Dealers aren't allowed to "keep" customer rebates. They can keep dealer cash.

I went to two dealers today. One quoted for a Sport Blue Metallic, SEL, FWD, 6 speed auto, Moon & Tune and remote start, $24300.98. The second matched that number after some negotiation. I didn't get in trade what I was hoping for my 2007 Freestyle SEL with 14200 miles but I like the price for the Fusion. I saw a fully loaded Sport. All I can say is WOW, this is one beautiful car! It's a horse apiece who I go with, so I'm going to try to get molded splash guards added for no charge and flip a coin. Four to eight weeks for delivery.

Edited by transitman