Mandated health screenings

Stugots

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't get it. It has nothing to do with how much Ford does or does not pay. It's an invasion of privacy and just another way to get rid of your ass.

I don't know what will happen if they bring this to Canada. I don't see any doctors under our Communist health care system. They can take away my health care if they want to. It is useless to me. Right now, I am forced by law to pay for it, but not to use it. If I am forced to see a doctor, which I think, in Canada, will do me more harm than good, where are my rights? People have been diagnosed as heretics in the past and burned at the stake. I don't have confidence in our health care system, so I should not be forced to use it.

oh great, so i need to smile when i get a pap smear (in the face?)

i wonder what else is in the 'unpublished letters' ???

geeeezzz, they gave the farm away, so i wont be able to even go to the funny farm...hhheheeh oohohohoh..

Comrade!!!

Unpublished letters! I've been trying to think of what those were called, thanks. I'm wondering the same thing btw.

What i find ironic,is your freaking out about company physicals.

But nobody has a problem with the little healthcare piece in Obama's stimulus package.

Here's a little linky for you:

Visit My Website

I love these two parts.

And everyone on here is worried about a company physical. :hysterical:

Oh,i forgot that the messiah Obama cares! :hysterical:

Having worked in healthcare for some time in the past, I can tell you that the part about what the federal government finds appropriate and cost effective isn't new, that language has been around for a long time.

One thing that no one is explaining in this thread.....like it or not...is that this is seen as a win-win for the Company and the union members.

How????

Simply this...

It is a known and proven fact by any health care companies or health data analysts that catching a major health problem in it's early stages significantly reduces the costs of the overall treatment.

No one can argue that...it is proven and makes sense. Now....with that in mind...here are the benefits.

1. Active health care is paid for by the Company.....in order to maintain current levels of benefits...catching problems in their early stages has been proven to significantly reduce overall treatment costs versus late identification of an issue. This helps the Company by reducing overall costs...(versus losing benefit levels or another Holiday etc..)

2. Post retirement health care is paid for by us.....collectively from our money in our VEBA. Obviously we would want healthier people going into the VEBA....with any problems diagnosed and treated while under the Company's health care dime. This would only ensure us that our collective fund will last as long as it can.....with the highest level of benefits possible for our entire lives. We are the owners of this fund....and we should expect people to catch health problems as early as possible to benefit their lives....while at the same time ensuring our own post retirements benefits are maintained at the highest level possible.

That is all I can say.........you are the benefactors of this provision if you ever plan on retiring. It is your VEBA........think of it.

Edited by level

One thing that no one is explaining in this thread.....like it or not...is that this is seen as a win-win for the Company and the union members.

How????

Simply this...

It is a known and proven fact by any health care companies or health data analysts that catching a major health problem in it's early stages significantly reduces the costs of the overall treatment.

No one can argue that...it is proven and makes sense. Now....with that in mind...here are the benefits.

1. Active health care is paid for by the Company.....in order to maintain current levels of benefits...catching problems in their early stages has been proven to significantly reduce overall treatment costs versus late identification of an issue. This helps the Company by reducing overall costs...(versus losing benefit levels or another Holiday etc..)

2. Post retirement health care is paid for by us.....collectively from our money in our VEBA. Obviously we would want healthier people going into the VEBA....with any problems diagnosed and treated while under the Company's health care dime. This would only ensure us that our collective fund will last as long as it can.....with the highest level of benefits possible for our entire lives. We are the owners of this fund....and we should expect people to catch health problems as early as possible to benefit their lives....while at the same time ensuring our own post retirements benefits are maintained at the highest level possible.

That is all I can say.........you are the benefactors of this provision if you ever plan on retiring. It is your VEBA........think of it.

No your not getting the point

If you have under 15 yrs you are not going to see 1 dime of this VEBA

They need to impose what every other company has even the teamsters or it will run out very soon.

Go see CAT's VEBA it was said to last 50 years it lasted 7 years. ENOUGH SAID You cant argue FACT

No your not getting the point

If you have under 15 yrs you are not going to see 1 dime of this VEBA

They need to impose what every other company has even the teamsters or it will run out very soon.

Go see CAT's VEBA it was said to last 50 years it lasted 7 years. ENOUGH SAID You cant argue FACT

Your facts are bullshit....until you know what you are talking about...you should keep your mouth shut.

CAT's VEBA was only intended to last 4 years...until the next contract so that they could negotiate a cash infusion/extension of the plan. The intent there was only to establish the VEBA....and next contract to solidify it....although that never happened due to the fact that CAT was the worst friggin anti-union piece of crap in the world.... The VEBA however actually lasted longer than it was truly intended with the amount it had in it that again....was just to establish it.

I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.....I HAVE THE REAL FACTS....WE ARE THE ONES WHO NEGOTIATED IT...THAT WAS THE IUAW YOU KNOW....WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR FACTS???????

C'MON.....POST THEM FACTS HERE. HERE'S SOME FOR YOU WHILE YOU ARE WAITING........

"However, analysts said one problem in those situations was that the VEBAs were underfunded. For example, Caterpillar's VEBA was established with $32 million, or less than 10% of future liabilities. The Big Three automakers are funding close to 60% of future liabilities."

SEE THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE. http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2007/12/03/bisd1203.htm

Edited by level

How????

Simply this...

I disagree with you.I do not see the Company as 'My Daddy' ordering me around for my own good.That is a matter of principle.Where does the job end and my private life begin.Ever see those weight charts?All they want to do is fine people who are overweight and smoke.Overweight people are discrimminated against from childhood.We all have different body types.What is a free physical?As usual the general memebership will be given a general outline of the concessions.The actual details will be kept secret and used to pounce on the general membership in a childish attempt to make them look stupid.I had a physical within the last year.Everything is fine although I am 20 pounds overweight.My charge for the office visit was $150.I am in my 50`s.My doctor told me to come back every two years.Ford,'My Daddy' tells me get down there and take a yearly physical.Okay and when Blue Cross PPO refuses to pay and I get a bill for thousands of dollars,then what?I was told that Ford will reimburse $25 for the office visit.How is that 'free'.EAT MORE VEGETABLES I show up,do my job then go home to get away from all the rules.Well not anymore

Edited by Fatso

I was told that Ford will reimburse $25 for the office visit.

You were told wrong. If your office copay is $25, like mine is, they will pay $25. If your copay is $1,000 then that is what they will pay.

And, a $150 copay on office visits? What kind of insurance do you have? I have never heard of one that high.

Level is correct. Also I am sick of seeing people write the COMPANY DOCTOR. This is only being paid for by the Company. Nothing is being revealed to the Company unless you want them to know. Has anyone ever heard of HIPPA? I cannot believe people are getting hung up on this issue it is a good thing for YOU, to identify potential health problems, almost all of the insurance carriers have recommended this for quite sometime.

How????

Simply this...

This is how our president at local 228 explained it to me.

You were told wrong. If your office copay is $25, like mine is, they will pay $25. If your copay is $1,000 then that is what they will pay.

And, a $150 copay on office visits? What kind of insurance do you have? I have never heard of one that high.

Blue Cross PPO,if it is ANY of your business.Well what makes you think you know everything?Yes $150 want the doctors name and phone number?Want me to write down everything I eat and attend classes and sing songs to change my attitude?I am skeptical that a yearly physical will be 100% free,okay?You are satisfied,I am not

This is not about mother fucking cock sucking money! This is about we are americans. If I choose to not go to the dr until I'm ready its MY CHOICE AND MINE ALONE! Its between myself and my GOD! I don't care if its FORD or the UAW, my body my life MY CHOICE! Simple enough for you all?

Your facts are bullshit....until you know what you are talking about...you should keep your mouth shut.

CAT's VEBA was only intended to last 4 years...until the next contract so that they could negotiate a cash infusion/extension of the plan. The intent there was only to establish the VEBA....and next contract to solidify it....although that never happened due to the fact that CAT was the worst friggin anti-union piece of crap in the world.... The VEBA however actually lasted longer than it was truly intended with the amount it had in it that again....was just to establish it.

I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.....I HAVE THE REAL FACTS....WE ARE THE ONES WHO NEGOTIATED IT...THAT WAS THE IUAW YOU KNOW....WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR FACTS???????

C'MON.....POST THEM FACTS HERE. HERE'S SOME FOR YOU WHILE YOU ARE WAITING........

"However, analysts said one problem in those situations was that the VEBAs were underfunded. For example, Caterpillar's VEBA was established with $32 million, or less than 10% of future liabilities. The Big Three automakers are funding close to 60% of future liabilities."

SEE THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE. http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2007/12/03/bisd1203.htm

Ok so the big 3 pay about $7 billion a year in retiree healthcare and the fund has $ about $35 billion in cash in it. Thats gonna last 50 years?? Ya RIGHT YOU KEEP BELIEVING THAT

Edited by fordworker

Yes I capece and I agree with you.All the company wants to do is fine those employees who are overweight and/or smoke.Two groups that are easily disliked by the others in Society.FASCISM is a collaborative effort between the corporations and the Government.Now we have enforceable norms of society but only if a person is working class.I expect the concessions to pass easily.Think Mr.Ford is gonna let us lower class people decide the fate of his company?Think the UAW wants to stop collecting dues and hob-nobbing with the Upper Crust,over at the former Ritz Carlton?If Ron Gettlefinger was not the head of the UAW he would be working at Ford in Labor Relations.

Edited by Fatso

Ok so the big 3 pay about $7 billion a year in retiree healthcare and the fund has $ about $35 billion in cash in it. Thats gonna last 50 years?? Ya RIGHT YOU KEEP BELIEVING THAT

You ever hear of compounding interest fella?

That is what all investments....retirement accounts...and VEBA's are based on. The initial cash deposits are only a portion...the rest is made up from interest....

If you do not understand the basic priciples of it....learn them before you argue it with me at least....

Okay some are for the health screenings some are against.We each get a vote.Now what about this 40 hours worked before overtime pay kicks in?I am scheduled as my work week Fri.,Sat.,Sun.,Mon., 12 hour shifts with 11.5 hours pay each day.The way I see it I would get paid straight time for Fri. and Mon. and time and a quarter for Sat., and Sun.So now Mulally can schedule the trades exclusively on the weekends 12 hours a day for straight time?This amount to around $20 an hour under the previous overtime rules.Finally I have been through this concession game non-stop since 2002 at Wixom.FORD MOTOR COMPANY NEVER APPRECIATES A THING WE GIVE UP.IT IS SEEN AS AN OPPURTUNITY TO PUSH EVEN HARDER.Can we at least throw in that the plants are kept cleaner and that we can have something more than snack machines to eat out of all day?Can we get the fitness center open again?Something back,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by Fatso

This is not about mother fucking cock sucking money! This is about we are americans. If I choose to not go to the dr until I'm ready its MY CHOICE AND MINE ALONE! Its between myself and my GOD! I don't care if its FORD or the UAW, my body my life MY CHOICE! Simple enough for you all?

You sure seem to be obsessed with the penis....even your name in Italian....HMMMMM

Anyway brother......let's look at it like this....

Me and you and 10 of our neighbors decide to take our tax refunds and place them in a fund.

The 12 of us will not have to pay for health care once we retire....and will have benefits until we die...

We are all working somewhere that has insurance currently.....

In order to ensure that WE get the most for OUR money...

wouldn't we all take advantage of a samll amount of prevention....

and use our current benefits to ensure that OUR fund, OUR investment survives for the 12 of us?

Wouldn't it be good if someone actually lived because a life threatening illness was caught early...

Or someone actually lived a longer healthier life..........

This is OUR VEBA remember.................every unchecked ailment will be paid for by us.............compounding of health problems will only serve to possibly reduce our health benefits in the future........

Will the company be drawing blood in these exams? (Thinking about needles)

Why didn't they just say they were going to increase the annual fee $300, but waive it if you took part in a health screening? Seems odd.

Pretty sure it will include blood work. My doctor has my levels checked every year.

This is America, we HAVE to pay taxes and we HAVE to die. All the rest is a matter of choice. We can do better gmaster. We are going to vote it down. When we get a contract that we deserve we will vote yes. We at ford are the best in the business. This contract is not the best for us long term. We are giving away things that we will never get back. This isn't the first contract where we've given. What did all our other sacrifices do for us? Nothing because they want more. When is the last time you could look at our contract and say wow the uaw got us what we deserve?