If the Escape moves to LAP......

Will people from KCAP have the right to move to LAP and follow "their" product if the Escape does move to LAP?

LAP is not in your zone. but if they post that job on your board you can bid on it.if it was in your zone and you got laid off and had enough senority you could bump the low man there after all your sub runs out.

Why would KCAP employees who build the Escape move to LAP? They're getting new product to build after the Escape if that's what the company does. Maybe the next generation Escape stays in KCAP? Nothing official has been announced. Eveything on this forum is speculation.

Edited by Twincam Harley

They say the new escape will be called the kuga, name change cancels right to move, just as taurus went 500 and screwed the ATL people from following to cap

Oh where is Paul Quick when you need him to cook up a deal to screw over the hourly people?

Why would KCAP employees who build the Escape move to LAP? They're getting new product to build after the Escape if that's what the company does. Maybe the next generation Escape stays in KCAP? Nothing official has been announced. Eveything on this forum is speculation.

Like you said this forum is speculation. But, I have been told KCAP is getting the transit. Not that its a good thing. That piece of crap dosen't sell enough to keep one shift running 8 hrs a day.

I do not know about Ohio but I am from St louis assembly and we were not offered ANY jobs in Louisville when our production moved from Slap to Lap.

Cecil we were the "B" plant for the explorer and Lap was the "A" plant. We had no rights to follow our lost production to Lap. We were only entitled to build the excess capacity they could not handle.

Cecil we were the "B" plant for the explorer and Lap was the "A" plant. We had no rights to follow our lost production to Lap. We were only entitled to build the excess capacity they could not handle.

I love that car\truck\suv\

I hope it gets 30 miles a gallon.

As far as KCAP workers following their product this not your product it a replacement vehicle but hang tight word is KC is getting a new vehicle as well.

I love that car\truck\suv\

I hope it gets 30 miles a gallon.

As far as KCAP workers following their product this not your product it a replacement vehicle but hang tight word is KC is getting a new vehicle as well.

2 or so years, just in time for a new contract.

if they call it the escape then we have transfer of operation rights as was done to kansas city and would you stay with that new transt hell no i want to retire and with 20 years following the escape to louisville if they call it the escape i want my job . also that includes tradespeople also like it or not.

OK. So we can all say nobody knows for sure where the Escape/Kuga is going to be built. We also know that they are saying that both KCAP and LAP will stay open and both plants will get new products. The Transit connect is out since it will be built in Turkey and imported. The Transit is out since OHAP will also stay open and they currently build the Econoline which the Transit is going to replace. With that reasoning KCAP will get the KUGA since it is the replacement for the Escape and LAP will get the other product to be named at a later date. The only one that I can think of that hasn't been assigned a plant is the Mondeo, or have I missed something on the announcement of the Mondeo. Could the Mondeo name be changed to the Taurus or is it a different platform? Anyone out there have any further information or speculation?

Here's something to think about, most of these product placements are not going to happen for another couple of years. There will be a another contract come up by then, everything will be on the table again including plant closures.

if they call it the escape then we have transfer of operation rights as was done to kansas city and would you stay with that new transt hell no i want to retire and with 20 years following the escape to louisville if they call it the escape i want my job . also that includes tradespeople also like it or not.

IF they change the Kuga's name to Escape you will only be able to go with the product IF there are openings at the plant. Also, the 404 people that went from LAP to KTP has first rights to go back before anyone else I believe.

OK. So we can all say nobody knows for sure where the Escape/Kuga is going to be built. We also know that they are saying that both KCAP and LAP will stay open and both plants will get new products. The Transit connect is out since it will be built in Turkey and imported. The Transit is out since OHAP will also stay open and they currently build the Econoline which the Transit is going to replace. With that reasoning KCAP will get the KUGA since it is the replacement for the Escape and LAP will get the other product to be named at a later date. The only one that I can think of that hasn't been assigned a plant is the Mondeo, or have I missed something on the announcement of the Mondeo. Could the Mondeo name be changed to the Taurus or is it a different platform? Anyone out there have any further information or speculation?

Or local news station reported the other night that the Kuga is coming to LAP so who knows.