Ford Motor Company February 2009 Sales

That, and Texas is known as truck country more so than Maryland as well.

Well, that's true.

I went for a drive through one of the new neighborhoods near me to look at the new houses going up and I saw a new house with a new F150 and MKS (both still had paper tags) in the garage. Some people are doing quite well here.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Woodman Tower was it when I was there.

First National built one.

It's currently billed as the tallest building between Minneapolis and Denver..... Which, like Sioux Falls' boast that the Empire Mall is the largest mall between Minneapolis and Denver just kind of makes a point about how little there is of 'civilization' between Minneapolis and Denver.

Well, that depends what part of Maryland you are talking about. Baltimore? Cumberland? Easton?

Westminster, La Plata, Bel Air. :P

I see your point, though. I wouldn't compare the percentage of trucks sold in any Maryland county to any in Texas. Probably has more to do with rural character than anywhere else, and this side of the state (west of the Bay) is becoming increasingly suburban.

Westminster, La Plata, Bel Air. :P

I see your point, though. I wouldn't compare the percentage of trucks sold in any Maryland county to any in Texas. Probably has more to do with rural character than anywhere else, and this side of the state (west of the Bay) is becoming increasingly suburban.

I know what you mean about west of the bay. Yesterday afternoon I decided to take a drive with the windows down, sunroof open, radio up, and not a care for where the road took me. I ended up meandering through good portions of Howard, Carroll, Anne Arundel, and west/north Baltimore counties just to see places I hadn't been in ages. I can't say I was surprised just how developed some areas had gotten, but the "sticks" are definitely vanishing at an alarming rate for sure.

Of course, I doubt counties like Garrett or Allegheny will ever get too developed. The geography just doesn't lend itself to development too well. I do see the eastern shore counties expanding rapidly though, much as it has started to do in the central areas of Delaware.

I know what you mean about west of the bay. Yesterday afternoon I decided to take a drive with the windows down, sunroof open, radio up, and not a care for where the road took me. I ended up meandering through good portions of Howard, Carroll, Anne Arundel, and west/north Baltimore counties just to see places I hadn't been in ages. I can't say I was surprised just how developed some areas had gotten, but the "sticks" are definitely vanishing at an alarming rate for sure.

Of course, I doubt counties like Garrett or Allegheny will ever get too developed. The geography just doesn't lend itself to development too well. I do see the eastern shore counties expanding rapidly though, much as it has started to do in the central areas of Delaware.

Mini-roadtrips FTW. :yup: I haven't taken one in a while. Last time I did, I went up all the way past Taneytown on 140. It was hard to believe that that was still Maryland.

You didn't happen to go down Liberty Road, did you? I've only been living here for about 3 years, but a lot of the development looks like it's been here for a while. Until you get near Owings Mills, that is.

I haven't been to the Eastern Shore yet. Gotta make sure I go through there one time before the wife and I move South.

Mini-roadtrips FTW. :yup: I haven't taken one in a while. Last time I did, I went up all the way past Taneytown on 140. It was hard to believe that that was still Maryland.

You didn't happen to go down Liberty Road, did you? I've only been living here for about 3 years, but a lot of the development looks like it's been here for a while. Until you get near Owings Mills, that is.

I haven't been to the Eastern Shore yet. Gotta make sure I go through there one time before the wife and I move South.

I drove past Liberty Road. I was shooting up Route 97 a ways and headed back south a bit past there. You'd have been shocked at what Liberty Road looked like about 10-15 years ago. I remember when Owings Mills was basically the end of anything developed there. Everything else was just farmland for the most part.

My favorite part of the cruise was heading down Forsythe Road to Main Street in old downtown Sykesville. There was a whole pack of bikes cruising in front of me for a good 10 miles or so. Pretty cool.

Edited by NickF1011

Well, that depends what part of Maryland you are talking about. Baltimore? Cumberland? Easton?

Well add the Eastern shore, and places like Frederick and Carrol County to, and there are a lot of trucks. Not on the scale as Texas, but MD doesn't have anywhere near the pop as Texas does either.

I drove past Liberty Road. I was shooting up Route 97 a ways and headed back south a bit past there. You'd have been shocked at what Liberty Road looked like about 10-15 years ago. I remember when Owings Mills was basically the end of anything developed there. Everything else was just farmland for the most part.

My favorite part of the cruise was heading down Forsythe Road to Main Street in old downtown Sykesville. There was a whole pack of bikes cruising in front of me for a good 10 miles or so. Pretty cool.

Sykesville is a quaint little town. Matter of fact, a lot of the old historic "towns" around here, like that one, Ellicott City, and Mount Airy (and even downtown Reisterstown) are nice to travel through and look at what used to be. Speaking of which, have you ever driven out to Libertytown or Brookeville?

Well add the Eastern shore, and places like Frederick and Carrol County to, and there are a lot of trucks. Not on the scale as Texas, but MD doesn't have anywhere near the pop as Texas does either.

When I get down to VA late next month, I'm going to see if there are any new trucks out on the roads. Hampton Roads is pretty good for having a decent showing of new Ford vehicles. I noticed it when I saw several (then) new Tauruses out in '07 and '08.

Sykesville is a quaint little town. Matter of fact, a lot of the old historic "towns" around here, like that one, Ellicott City, and Mount Airy (and even downtown Reisterstown) are nice to travel through and look at what used to be. Speaking of which, have you ever driven out to Libertytown or Brookeville?

When I get down to VA late next month, I'm going to see if there are any new trucks out on the roads. Hampton Roads is pretty good for having a decent showing of new Ford vehicles. I noticed it when I saw several (then) new Tauruses out in '07 and '08.

Mt. Airy? I am from Damascus myself, which has it's own GM dealership. A good amount of trucks just there. A lot of that area used to be nice. Now it's all suburbs and they still have 2 lane roads. I'm so glad I don't have to drive there anymore to be honest.

I do agree, Hampton has a crap load of trucks. Not only that just more domestic cars in general.

Libertytown and Brookeville? Been a looooooong time, but yes on both. I used to go fishing in Triadelphia Reservoir all the time over the summer during high school.