Ford Motor Company February 2009 Sales

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems only the small vehicles are really performing at all. Focus and Escape looked decent for the month. Flex continues to impress me actually. 2300+ units in this market climate at its price point is actually a lot better than I thought it would be doing at this point.

The rest of this month is awful. Can't wait to see the great numbers from everyone else. :ohsnap:

Wow that is bad. If it keeps going this way it is possible that we will see well under 10m sales. Possibly 7.5m or less.

Is this really a recession or are we going all the way into depression territory?

I think a lot of the drop across all manufactures is because nearly all fleet sales have stopped.

Even if some models have only 30% fleet bleed, it's enough to really scorch figures.

Wow that is bad. If it keeps going this way it is possible that we will see well under 10m sales. Possibly 7.5m or less.

Is this really a recession or are we going all the way into depression territory?

I think you're going a bit overboard there. Geesh. Enough with the doom-and-gloom. :rant:

According to the BBC share prices are dropping at the same rate as they were during the depression...

The trucks are down 55%. That means Revenue is down big time. This is where Ford generates most of its profits and revenues.

They are also reducing the production from 448,000 to 290,000 truck in the next quarter.

I wish they had the new Taurus out now. It would help if the new Fusion was out in big numbers as well. I don't expect the new MKT to sell much later this year to make a significant difference.

Escape is selling GREAT! In better times, they could sell 20k per month.

Wow, this is bad, what will GM/Chrysler report?

Edited by smok

I think you're going a bit overboard there. Geesh. Enough with the doom-and-gloom. :rant:

I don't know. The media recently is starting to throw the "D" word around a lot. People are getting more scared everyday and no one is buying anything other then necessity items. The longer this cycle continues the worse it is going to get.

I could lie and say things are getting better and we are turning the corner, but really is that true?

I don't know. The media recently is starting to throw the "D" word around a lot. People are getting more scared everyday and no one is buying anything other then necessity items. The longer this cycle continues the worse it is going to get.

I could lie and say things are getting better and we are turning the corner, but really is that true?

The media is causing some of the hysteria. Everyone will be OK, just not as wealthy as before. ;-)

Yes, exactly. The MEDIA has been throwing the "D" word around. They are spreading the air of panic that has led to a good bit of the problems we are currently facing. A little optimism all around would work wonders for consumer confidence.

And well, things very well could be turning the corner. Bernanke the other day said there's a possibility the recession could end by the end of 2009. The MEDIA glazed over that part of his speech though. Gotta report that consumer confidence sucks more than ever, that unemployment filings are hitting records, that home prices are down, etc.

There's no light at the end of the tunnel for some folk, which is depressing. I almost feel sorry for them, but in the end, their miserable outlook will be my long-term gain.

Yes, exactly. The MEDIA has been throwing the "D" word around. They are spreading the air of panic that has led to a good bit of the problems we are currently facing. A little optimism all around would work wonders for consumer confidence.

And well, things very well could be turning the corner. Bernanke the other day said there's a possibility the recession could end by the end of 2009. The MEDIA glazed over that part of his speech though. Gotta report that consumer confidence sucks more than ever, that unemployment filings are hitting records, that home prices are down, etc.

There's no light at the end of the tunnel for some folk, which is depressing. I almost feel sorry for them, but in the end, their miserable outlook will be my long-term gain.

Well I hope you are right and I do agree that the media is trying it's hardest to turn this into the Great Depression 2.0. As they say, good news doesn't sell so the media is going to use these tough times to make things even worse.

I actually find it annoying to turn on the news these days. If it were up to some networks they would take 10 mins at the start of each news cast and read the layoffs from every company.

Nah, that's not depressing enough.

They'd just scroll a list of every grandmother and golden retriever that passed away that day.

Normally I would agree with you Nick on this, but things are getting pretty concerning to say the least. While we continue to enjoy this "Ford is in better shape than most" mentality, there sure is a lot of evidence supporting our position worsening. I know it doesn't do any good, but neither does not admitting it and realizing the situation for what it really is and that is deeply concerning to say the least.

Normally I would agree with you Nick on this, but things are getting pretty concerning to say the least. While we continue to enjoy this "Ford is in better shape than most" mentality, there sure is a lot of evidence supporting our position worsening. I know it doesn't do any good, but neither does not admitting it and realizing the situation for what it really is and that is deeply concerning to say the least.

Yes, I realize there is a problem. I realize it's getting worse. But it seems to be a case where letting the fire burn itself out may be a better solution than trying to douse the flames with gasoline.

Yes, I realize there is a problem. I realize it's getting worse. But it seems to be a case where letting the fire burn itself out may be a better solution than trying to douse the flames with gasoline.

I agree with you, however you have the media throwing gas on it everyday and as long as that is happening things are going to have a tough time turning around.

As a member of the media, I agree that the network level does everything it can to scare the living daylights out of people. Without getting too political, let's not forget some networks seem to have a vested interest in this administration. Locally, however, I know my station has worked to become a resource for those who need help. In each newscast we have several stories aimed at helping people find work, get loans, protect their job or business, and the like. Also, keep in mind that the media (as an industry) is getting killed right now. All of the big media companies have had substantial layoffs, so it's hitting these people very hard. Many reporters and anchors have to deliver the news each day knowing that their contract isn't being renewed, and they'll be out of work themselves in 3 weeks. Thankfully, we're family owned, local, and the entire company has zero debt. So, as long as we can make enough to pay the staff and keep the lights on, we're in okay shape.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/news/survival_source.html

I think we're almost around the corner, and hopefully sales will be on the upswing mid to late Summer.