Ford Motor Company February 2009 Sales

:rolleyes:

I never said it was a good month. I said it was a terrible month. Is it depression-end-of-the-world-hide-your-children-fear-the-apocalypse bad? No. I'm tired of the Negative-Nancy attitude so many Americans have these days. Most of them seem content to just sit by and pray that the government saves them from their own pessimism.

Because many Americans are just too damn stupid to have any mental capacity to think with an objective mind and are afraid of the real truth.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because many Americans are just too damn stupid to have any mental capacity to think with an objective mind and are afraid of the real truth.

And of course, by "think with an objective mind", you mean "think exactly how I think".. and by "the real truth", you mean "everything I believe". :hysterical:

There's nothing like the hypocrisy of a closed-minded lunatic to make ones day.

Wow, look at Chrysler go. Big incentives and all, it`s good to see them at the top in Canada. One thing Chrysler is missing is a compact 4 door sedan. How stupid of them not to offer direct competition to the Focus, Civic, Corolla......How do they not offer a 4 door compact sedan, when there is clearly a huge market for them.

+1

Dodge was ditching the Neon at a time of $3 dollar a gallon gas when they should have been updating it. Not that I was/am a Neon fan.

Kia outsold every brand at GM except one and Hyundai/Kia nearly outsold Nissan/Infiniti. :ohsnap:

I would like to see the fleet sales for both Hyundai and Kia. Many models of both brands were fleet queens before the current collapse in sales.

GM is dead. They can no longer recover, period. If you own any real estate in Michigan, and plan to move in the next 10 years, consider selling it at a discount in the next 180 days. It will take 20 years for the region to recover from the coming disaster.

GM is dead. They can no longer recover, period. If you own any real estate in Michigan, and plan to move in the next 10 years, consider selling it at a discount in the next 180 days. It will take 20 years for the region to recover from the coming disaster.

That's funny...............................

When I said that, you thought I was being an alarmist.

That's funny...............................

When I said that, you thought I was being an alarmist.

You were. The region is going to feel the pain, but it won't create mass migration etc. Folks can't just leave. However, the fed gov't can't do a damn thing to stop it either, and will continue throwing good money after bad just to put it off a few more months.

You were. The region is going to feel the pain, but it won't create mass migration etc. Folks can't just leave. However, the fed gov't can't do a damn thing to stop it either, and will continue throwing good money after bad just to put it off a few more months.

There already has been mass migration. It hasn't occurred overnight, but people having been leaving for years. Anecdotally, several of my friends here in MD are from MI. Common denominator? They all came here looking for work.

1) I recall you skimming over 'regional pain' too

2) As far as mass migration is concerned, what do you think is going to happen when GM ends up with less market share than Ford? You think those people are going to stay in Flint, Lansing, Detroit, etc.? Or do you think they're going to move?

1) I recall you skimming over 'regional pain' too

2) As far as mass migration is concerned, what do you think is going to happen when GM ends up with less market share than Ford? You think those people are going to stay in Flint, Lansing, Detroit, etc.? Or do you think they're going to move?

the question is, where are they going to move?

Its not like there are many jobs anywhere else. Theres not some kind of pent up demand in some other part of the country.

Its not like there are many jobs anywhere else. Theres not some kind of pent up demand in some other part of the country.

Pent up demand? No. But there are still plenty of areas that have work available if you have the skillset required. Contrary to what the media is portraying, there are still plenty of companies that need workers. They may be laying off in one area and hiring in another. Sure, the net right now is job losses, but hiring still happens every day.

Those with fewer attachments will probably move someplace that 'looks good' on spec. Those with more attachments may end up moving in with families, etc. Some will end probably end up working road construction if the stimulus actually delivers that.

At any rate, a Ch. 11 GM is going to end up smaller than Ford by the time all's said and done (retail market share will disappear overnight if GM files Ch. 11). That means displacing tens of thousands of people in a very short period of time.

GM sales are down 52%. What good exactly did giving them a "loan" do for those workers, shareholders, or taxpayers? Did that succeed in any material way?

What is your idea of how the federal government should react to the collapse of their business, moving forward?

And of course, by "think with an objective mind", you mean "think exactly how I think".. and by "the real truth", you mean "everything I believe". :hysterical:

There's nothing like the hypocrisy of a closed-minded lunatic to make ones day.

Hey, did you know your state produces more than 50% of the fruits, nuts and vegetables in this country? So which one of those three are you?

I have a client that has bought foreclosure homes for around $15-20K there in Michigan. One of those times the bank was a little slow to respond to her request, so she put the purchase on a credit card. ;)

I wonder how much her credit card company's interest rate will ultimately ending up being if she rolls over the balance!

Just another example of Michigan's finest! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

What is your idea of how the federal government should react to the collapse of their business, moving forward?

There you go assailing that straw man again.

I have clearly and repeatedly said that NOTHING will work for GM as long as present management remains in charge.

"Nothing" encompasses everything from private financing to chapter 11 restructuring. As long as GM's management remains what it was at the beginning of this crisis (and this crisis began in 2002), GM will find no way out of it.

Edited by RichardJensen

There already has been mass migration. It hasn't occurred overnight, but people having been leaving for years. Anecdotally, several of my friends here in MD are from MI. Common denominator? They all came here looking for work.

My wife is from western Pennsylvania. It's amazing how many people she grew up with are now living here in southcentral Pennsylvania, or in the Baltimore-D.C. region. They all left for one reason - very few jobs back home.

Since the media is throwing around the Depression let's look at Ford Model-A production statistics since it was produced from 1927 through 1931 (market crashed in Oct '29).

LINK

Production (sales) fell from 1,261,053 in 1930 to 626,579 in 1931.

That's pretty close to a 50% drop in 1 year...sound familar?

:stirpot: