Honda immitating a Ford?

Furious1Auto

Wow here is a Honda imitating an American product, the resemblance is uncanny!

318.jpg

317.jpg

06ford-fusion-v6.jpg

2010_ford_fusion_hybrid_video_featured_item.jpg

Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. They copied the Taurus years ago when it became the best selling vehicle. I was told by one of their employees they had at least one Taurus in pieces, checking it out.

Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. They copied the Taurus years ago when it became the best selling vehicle. I was told by one of their employees they had at least one Taurus in pieces, checking it out.

LOL, you are using the Fusion to claim Honda is copying Ford. Did Ford get those headlights off the Prelude? Are you claiming Ford is the first manufacturer to use three horizontal bars for a grill?

LOL, you are using the Fusion to claim Honda is copying Ford. Did Ford get those headlights off the Prelude? Are you claiming Ford is the first manufacturer to use three horizontal bars for a grill?

In looking at the bodlines one has to wonder?

funny-2.gif

Edited by Furious1Auto

No, you need to re-read what I said. "I said it wouldn't be the first time they did some copying. They did it earlier.......much before the Fusion.......when the Taurus was the "best selling" car. I said nothing about "three horizontal bars."

It's funny though, that two years or so AFTER Ford announced it was going with the three bar grill as a "corporate" image...Three bar grills started popping up on everything from toyota.

No kidding. EVERYONE does that. Every manufacturer. Ford does it to Hondas, Honda does it to Fords. Everyone does it to everyone. If you are engineering a vehicle, you always check the competition.

EDIT> And three-bar gilette grills suck on anything. :stirpot:

And yes, Ford is finally making some really competitive cars (I like the Fusion Hybrid the most). Now let's hope they can figure out how to sell them. On a side note, the rear-end of that 2010 SHO is hideous. I think the +15HP spoiler and chrome bar through the logo kill it.

Edited by the_spaniard