CVT TRANNYS NO MORE?

hmm wonder how they can do that with the higher torque ratings from the 3.5L V6 and I wonder how heck you get manual like control out of a transmission thats designed to work at certain RPM LOL

The transmission isn't designed to work at certain RPM. It still gives you a spread of gear ratios across a wide band - the difference is you have an almost infinite number of ratios instead of only 5 or 6. The computer controls the ratio and when you're in manual mode the transmission simply moves between 5 or 6 preset ratios just like in a normal transmission. It's all in the software.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep looking to see is there some place I can ADD sound deadening to this? On the firewall, under the dash? Something? Somewhere? I have other complaints about that hybrid, but hey, it's not mine to drive.

You can take it to your local car stereo shop and have them insulate the doors for a start. Replacing the stock Continental tires will quiet things down too.