How Toyota Handles A Recall

ANTAUS

I find it hilarious how a discussion about a small toyota recall, or any kind of quality problem always comes down to harping about cr-v fires.

I also frequent honda forum boards, and this issue is long gone, i can't even remember when someone brought up that dead horse. Here though, it's like there's raging fires every few blocks.

Ford got a lot of crap for engine fires in the 1990's, for installing Firestone tires on Explorers, for rear-end collisions on Pintos and CV's, and most recently for cruise control module fires. As far as I'm concerned, a LOT of people on here have just confirmed that Ford deserved every little bit of shit, every bit of scrutiny and every bit of distrust, every bit of pessimism and every bit of doubt that Ford fans were complaining about the last two decades.

You'd think after people realized there is more to just blaming the badge on the hood for a problem, they wouldn't just turn around and do the same thing to someone else.

This isn't about bias, it's about integrity. Don't whine about taking shit if you dish that shit out on others.

*waits for whinning about the liberal pro-import media* :cry:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think its funny when this pic comes up and you quote it filling the screen with pics. You do love that little CRV, gotta give that to you. My uncle's is falling apart and gets dinged up if you breathe on it. He even did the old spare-tire trick crushing the entire rear in a bump slower then walking speed.

But, for your enjoyment:

L_IMAGE.fac4e2432c.93.88.fa.80.2e1d4d07b.jpg:extinguish:

I dont care how true it is, if you like American cars on a website devoted to an American car company, its funny... Im sure theres a lickhondasnutz.com website somewhere

Now which American auto company would you like me to support? The one that just moved it's CR-V production from Japan and England to Ohio, or the one that just took it's American made Taurus and replaced it with a Mexican made Fusion?

Oh, and don't start on the Ford, with Aston Martin, Volvo, and Jaguar along with the Mexican Fusion being a more American company than Honda of America, which makes the majority of it's American lineup in the Unitied States. The workers in Marysville OH won't buy it and neither will I.

I think I can hear the can of worms opening from here.....

Edited by bec5150

Now which American auto company would you like me to support? The one that just moved it's CR-V production from Japan and England to Ohio, or the one that just took it's American made Taurus and replaced it with a Mexican made Fusion?

Oh, and don't start on the Ford, with Aston Martin, Volvo, and Jaguar along with the Mexican Fusion being a more American company than Honda of America, which makes the majority of it's American lineup in the Unitied States. The workers in Marysville OH won't buy it and neither will I.

Only 43% of Honda vehicles sold in this country are made in this country. 83% of Ford vehicles sold in the US and made in the US. So, which company would you rather support? You can't cherry pick from the lineup, you have to consider all the vehicles. Also, how many employees does Honda support compare to Ford? How much of their engineering, design, etc. done in this country? It is your right to buy whatever vehicle you like. Just don't try to make it sound like patriotic purchase, because it isn't.

Well when they keep taking those dollars back to Japan, along with them continuinously pulling their money that finances the national debt from this country. Eventually your job will be next buddy! Along with all the other foreign car driving cocksuckers that go to their feeble jobs! I could care less if I still work for Ford next year or I don't to be honest with you. The sooner I get my buyout money the better off I will be from a personal and financial point!

II also frequent honda forum boards, and this issue is long gone, i can't even remember when someone brought up that dead horse. Here though, it's like there's raging fires every few blocks.

The HONDA :extinguish: issue is long gone? Only in the minds of the :cheerleader: :cheerleader: squad

Additional 12honda.jpg:extinguish: were reported Jan 27, 2006 and Dec 28, 2005 , and we know from the two Federal investigations of the Honda fires that Honda gets a lot more reports than are reported via the web site

The :extinguish: problem was never fixed by HONDA :extinguish:

The problem will continue as long as those Hondas have oil filters mounted on top of the hottest part of the engine :doh:

I guess the point I was making is that Honda has more jobs here in the US than they did 5 years ago and Ford has less. I would think that creating jobs in the US is pretty damn American and taking jobs OUT of our economy to another country would seem to be unAmerican. Seems like common sense to me.

Second, forget about the talk about profits. If it ain't in a workers wallet, then I don't give a damn about it. The Ford profits go to the stockholders and the overpaid executives in the form of profit sharing. Who gives a damn whether they are American or not?

The HONDA :extinguish: issue is long gone? Only in the minds of the :cheerleader: :cheerleader: squad

Additional 12honda.jpg:extinguish: were reported Jan 27, 2006 and Dec 28, 2005 , and we know from the two Federal investigations of the Honda fires that Honda gets a lot more reports than are reported via the web site

The :extinguish: problem was never fixed by HONDA :extinguish:

The problem will continue as long as those Hondas have oil filters mounted on top of the hottest part of the engine :doh:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Two more cases of a person not putting an oil filter on properly? All we know from the federal investigations is that:

1. Some oil fitlers in 2002 stuck to the oil pump and during the first oil change if the tech didn't check for the gasket, there was leakage that could result in a fire.

2. Honda changed EVERY effected filter...every one. THey changed the filter to one that didn't stick. THey sent letters to all owners of CR-V's offering a complimentary filter change.

3. Honda did this without the Govt. telling them to.

4. All of this is more than Ford VOLUNTARLY did for owners of Explorers with Firestone tires. All of this is more than Ford VOLUNTARLY offered to the Windstar owners with 3.8L engines. All of this is more than anyone with an AXOD trans got offered when their transmission took a dump at less than 80K.

5. Range needs to get a new hobby and get off of the CR-V rant. I have told you before, Range, that if you really think you got a valid arguement, bring it over to www.hondasuv.com and we can discuss with all of the CR-V owners. Otherwise, just shut up. I think even the Honda bashers are sick of your schtick.

Edited by bec5150

All we know from the federal investigations is that:

1. Some oil fitlers in 2002 stuck to the oil pump and during the first oil change if the tech didn't check for the gasket, there was leakage that could result in a fire.

WRONG!

The two fires I just listed from last months report were 2005 model CRVs !!!!

So much for your 2002 "oil filter stuck to the oil pump" theory! If oil filers are sticking to the oil pump, then Honda has an even bigger problem :lol:

So Bec, if Honda fixed the problem, how come the 2005 CRVs are also catching on fire? Hmmmmm?

Edited by range

I guess the point I was making is that Honda has more jobs here in the US than they did 5 years ago and Ford has less. I would think that creating jobs in the US is pretty damn American and taking jobs OUT of our economy to another country would seem to be unAmerican. Seems like common sense to me.

Second, forget about the talk about profits. If it ain't in a workers wallet, then I don't give a damn about it. The Ford profits go to the stockholders and the overpaid executives in the form of profit sharing. Who gives a damn whether they are American or not?

Hyundai, BMW, Mercedes, and soon Kia also have more employees now than they did in the past. What's your point? Ford employs over 110,000 US people directly and countless others indirectly. More than all other foreign companies combined (not including DCX). Since auto sales are finite, it only makes sense that as foreign name plates grow, the domestics will shrink. That's simply a matter of consumers exercising their freedom of choice. Again, I'm not trying to tell you what you should drive. Just don't try to make a case for ANY foreign car company being as significant to this country as Ford or GM. If you're looking to make a patriotic purchase, Ford and GM are your best bets, regardless of how many billboards Toyota erects.

FYI - Profit sharing goes to all Ford employees, not just the "overpaid" executives.

FYI - Profit sharing goes to all Ford employees, not just the "overpaid" executives.

As is the case with Honda and Toyota, profit sharing checks to the AMERICAN employees.

What's your point?

Oh, and moving the mid sized Ford production from the US to Mexico had nothing to do with shrinking market share.

----------------------------------------

RANGE: The two fires I just listed from last months report were 2005 model CRVs !!!!

OMG!! Two fires!!! A whole two? Out of the 10's of thousands sold, two? Call out the dogs. This is HUGE!!

Oh, and during your last post, you forgot the picture.

BTW, my 2002 statement isn't a theory, it's the result of the investigation. If you could read, you would have seen that.

Take it to www.hondasuv.com if you got an argument. Or aren't you confident enough in your arguement to post it to a pro Honda audience? I am posting mine to a pro Ford audience, aren't I?

Come on Range...let me know when you post over there.....don't forget the pic....

Edited by bec5150

...I think even the Honda bashers are sick of your schtick.

Not me, I think it's funny!

Here's a link to an old article, but it does say something pretty significant.

Feds Re-Open Honda Fire Probe

September 14, 2004

You don't want to put off changing the oil ... unless you have a new Honda CR-V. Federal safety officials have just re-opened their probe into a series of 44 fires that occurred in new CR-Vs, most of just just after the first oil change...

Just trying to add a little fuel to the fire (pun intended). :devil:

Edited by NLPRacing

OMG!! Two fires!!! A whole two? Out of the 10's of thousands sold, two? Call out the dogs. This is HUGE!!

That was two ADDITIONAL fires during a ONE month period.

Do the math.

But I guess 2 fires per month is nothing unusal for CRVs huh? Is that what your are saying?

Just trying to clarify you statement.

Oh, and I guess you were wrong about the CRV fires being limited to 2002 models huh?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Two more cases of a person not putting an oil filter on properly? All we know from the federal investigations is that:

2. Honda changed EVERY effected filter...every one. THey changed the filter to one that didn't stick. THey sent letters to all owners of CR-V's offering a complimentary filter change.

3. Honda did this without the Govt. telling them to.

4. All of this is more than Ford VOLUNTARLY did for owners of Explorers with Firestone tires. All of this is more than Ford VOLUNTARLY offered to the Windstar owners with 3.8L engines. All of this is more than anyone with an AXOD trans got offered when their transmission took a dump at less than 80K.

5. Range needs to get a new hobby and get off of the CR-V rant. I have told you before, Range, that if you really think you got a valid arguement, bring it over to www.hondasuv.com and we can discuss with all of the CR-V owners. Otherwise, just shut up. I think even the Honda bashers are sick of your schtick.

if Honda changed every affected filter, and the problem was with the 2002s? why are the fires still happening and now happening on the 2005s?

it doesnt sound like Honda fixed the problem to me

if Honda changed every affected filter, and the problem was with the 2002s? why are the fires still happening and now happening on the 2005s?

it doesnt sound like Honda fixed the problem to me

I must be wrong then. I guess they didnt' fix the problem and it still exists to this day. Guess I'll sell my wife's before it catches fire and go get me a used Windstar as I am sure it will offer me better, more reliable service.

Thank you all for setting me straight.

(2 cases in over 45,000 sales, but I guess what I typed above is the only thing that you would accept. So be it)

I know somebody that works for Honda and their Honda work vehicles are pieces of crap.

My $13,000 Focus has a better interior than the Pilot, way better seats, and a stock stereo that is worlds better than the crap Honda puts in the Pilot. And how much do those things cost??

The thing is always in the shop for repairs as well, suspension problems, tranny problems, you name it. They had a CRV, good thing they got rid of it before the thing caught fire and killed somebody..

I agree. Those CR-V's are junk!!

Actually, my sister-in-law's 2001 CRV had to have the engine replaced at 23K miles after it seized. Granted, they bought it used with 18K miles last year, who knows what happened to it with the previous owner, but still. No one in my family has yet to have a Ford engine replaced or rebuilt. One tranny (mine) in a 95 Bronco at 134K miles, but no other major drivetrain failures, and most of the vehicles were bought used.

As is the case with Honda and Toyota, profit sharing checks to the AMERICAN employees.

What's your point?

Below is one of your previous posts:

"Second, forget about the talk about profits. If it ain't in a workers wallet, then I don't give a damn about it. The Ford profits go to the stockholders and the overpaid executives in the form of profit sharing."

My point was that when Ford makes a profit, so do ALL of their employees, not only the executives. Therefore, by buying a Ford you are supporting the workers. Ford supports a far greater percentage of this country and thier communities than Honda. Your post made it sound like by buying a Ford you weren't supporting the worker....not true.

I agree. Those CR-V's are junk!!

Glad you're finally able to admit it. That's the hardest step..... :bandance:

I have to remind BEC that the CRV he purchased was imported and was not made in the US.

Not sure how that supports American workers. :headscratch:

CR-V's are now made in the US. When I bought mine, I knew that they were moving production over. But that ain't why I bought it.

Unfortunately, my sour experience with my 97 Taurus and my father's episode with his 96 Windstar and the lack of dealer support steered me towards a Honda. Since then, the service as been outstanding, much MUCH better than Ford gives me on my 2002 Ranger.

Beyond a sensationalized rant about a fire issue that doesn't amount to anything (go to www.hondasuv.com and post your fire rant under "Clinical Rounds" and see how far you get) there are many reasons I got the Honda. My Ford Ranger ownership shows I'll buy a Ford when it's the best product in the marketplace. That kills you guys, doesn't it? I mean, really, if I was some Japanese lover, woudn'nt I have a Tacoma sitting beside my CR-V? Well???

Unfortuately, the Escape wasn't the best deal for me then and even now it isn't. The CR-V gets better mileage, performs as well, the drivetrain lasts longer (got four of em in the family now with over 150K miles while two Fords gave major trouble before 100K), it has more room, and has better resale AND even with rebates on the Escape we still bought the CR-V EX for less than an comparably equipped Escape.

What the hell do you want from me? Should the American consumer buy a Ford because it's got a Blue oval on it? Should I spot you three or four grand all in the name of the flag? Hell, the CR-V is made in the US right now anyway so that argument doesn't wash.

Get the Escape up to the level of the CR-V. Get the dealer up to the level of my Honda dealer. Do that. I'll buy your product. I want you all to improve. Don't sensationalize some overblown (only on this board, I might add) BS and instead insist on a better product from Ford.

Edited by bec5150