Mullaly 13.5M in 2008

damagedone37

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...And worth every penny. Considering the position he's put Ford in since taking over a bleeding financial mess, how can you argue? A couple of years from now, all we'll be talking about is this man's genius. We are very lucky to have him.

There are Ford DEALERS that make close to that money!

...And worth every penny. Considering the position he's put Ford in since taking over a bleeding financial mess, how can you argue? A couple of years from now, all we'll be talking about is this man's genius. We are very lucky to have him.

Who the fk are you kidding??? Shut your mouth, get off of Alan's computer and be a good sukretary and fix me a....

stfu.jpg

Who the fk are you kidding??? Shut your mouth, get off of Alan's computer and be a good sukretary and fix me a....

stfu.jpg

<Sigh> Should've expected that from the children. You're right, he's overpaid and you're underpaid and you ain't givin' up shit.

Sound about right, jagoff?

Edited by chiefstang

Alan is doing a good job but he is selling his labor and no ones labor is worth that much. If he had an invention or started a company that prospered and he reaped that money for taking a chance, maybe but not for labor. I am not saying that we shouldnt have taken the cuts, I didnt like it but it was the right thing to do at this time and the executives should be paid 10 times what the average worker makes plus a performance bonus based on profits. As we know Ford didnt make any profit so no executive should have got a bonus just a base salary.

I feel that we are all worth something, however he's not doing this alone ,he depends on many people including us the workers to make his plan work. If it works , he's not done it alone ,but as the leader, give him something big, it's deservered, however when times are tough ,it should be tough for all. jmo.....

Alan is doing a good job but he is selling his labor and no ones labor is worth that much. If he had an invention or started a company that prospered and he reaped that money for taking a chance, maybe but not for labor. I am not saying that we shouldnt have taken the cuts, I didnt like it but it was the right thing to do at this time and the executives should be paid 10 times what the average worker makes plus a performance bonus based on profits. As we know Ford didnt make any profit so no executive should have got a bonus just a base salary.

You're not paying for his labor. You're paying for his insight, experience, knowlege, and intelligence. All those things are why you're not looking in your paychecks with as much fear as the guys at Chrysler. They may all be out of a job any day. I think his intellegence in running a multi-billion dollar company that was doomed from his first day should be rewarded more than the guy who invented Velcro. That guy got himself rich. Mullaly is trying to get all of us rich. Is he hurting financially? Who knows. I don't know what his mortgage is, but I know he took a paycut with the rest of America this year... And he's doing his job. He's doing it better than anybody else in the big offices.

Mullaly didn't create this clusterfuck, he's fixing it. And he's doing it while the rest of the world's economy is self destructing. That's pretty impressive to turn this ship around in such shallow, choppy waters.

I know you guys are pissed about making concessions and giving up what you're used to getting, but so is EVERYBODY else these days. You ain't the only ones takin' a beating, and bashing the guy who's performing miracles to save your jobs and mine isn't cool.

You're not paying for his labor. You're paying for his insight, experience, knowlege, and intelligence. All those things are why you're not looking in your paychecks with as much fear as the guys at Chrysler. They may all be out of a job any day. I think his intellegence in running a multi-billion dollar company that was doomed from his first day should be rewarded more than the guy who invented Velcro. That guy got himself rich. Mullaly is trying to get all of us rich. Is he hurting financially? Who knows. I don't know what his mortgage is, but I know he took a paycut with the rest of America this year... And he's doing his job. He's doing it better than anybody else in the big offices.

Mullaly didn't create this clusterfuck, he's fixing it. And he's doing it while the rest of the world's economy is self destructing. That's pretty impressive to turn this ship around in such shallow, choppy waters.

I know you guys are pissed about making concessions and giving up what you're used to getting, but so is EVERYBODY else these days. You ain't the only ones takin' a beating, and bashing the guy who's performing miracles to save your jobs and mine isn't cool.

your kidding me right?? ANYBODY can sit in meetings, beg for money, and dole out decisions. i am an electrician. one of the most highly skilled jobs on the planet. so if were gettin paid for what we CAN do , why am i barely eeking by while decision makers make way more than they should. who cant live on $600,000/ year. answer NOBODY. their little pay cut just shortened up their vacation is all that did while we will have people loosing their car or houses due to ours

What fricking planet are you on right now? This guy is doing a great job I give him that, but you seriously think 14.5 mill worth. Does he pick up his check with a ski mask on? christ! He makes more in 1 day than you and I make in 1 year combined. come back to earth. I think he should be paid well but not that well. The big dogs for the japs make alot less then him.

If I may interject, both sides of this discussion have valid points. Put it into numbers and we gave about 10% Mullarky gave 30%. Yeah, it is a much bigger salary, but we at least have a commitment---backed up with action. Big Al has been a steady, positive leader in a puke-storm. Look where we are heading. Good times are coming back :stop:

What fricking planet are you on right now? This guy is doing a great job I give him that, but you seriously think 14.5 mill worth. Does he pick up his check with a ski mask on? christ! He makes more in 1 day than you and I make in 1 year combined. come back to earth. I think he should be paid well but not that well. The big dogs for the japs make alot less then him.

You honestly think you should pay someone that amount of $ for losing as much as we did? Eff that. The guy has plenty of $. There has to come a point where greed outweighs sensability.

Personally I think all execs should be paid 1-3million tops. Making 200times what your employees make a year is ridiculous. Doesn't make you feel like a great worker when you take 10 more minutes of break time away, holidays that we spend with our families, and lower our SUB benefit so we are now in constant fear of layoffs, while this guy makes extra cash on those things we gave up...

You honestly think you should pay someone that amount of $ for losing as much as we did? Eff that. The guy has plenty of $. There has to come a point where greed outweighs sensability.

Personally I think all execs should be paid 1-3million tops. Making 200times what your employees make a year is ridiculous. Doesn't make you feel like a great worker when you take 10 more minutes of break time away, holidays that we spend with our families, and lower our SUB benefit so we are now in constant fear of layoffs, while this guy makes extra cash on those things we gave up...

I definately agree about the salaries in the future. If we take it, they take it!

I definately agree about the salaries in the future. If we take it, they take it!

So are you saying that when things turn around that hourly workers will get retroactive bonus increases as well as all other concessions back ?

You do not even need to answer that question, I will see you at the negotiating table 2 contracts from now when we are still trying to win back the concessions we have given since 2005, that will be after Mullaly and the other executives have received tens of millions in restructuring success bonuses.

I will admit Mullaly has done a great job administrating the plan that was already in place back in 2005 with "The Way Forward Plan" part 1.0.

/sarcasim off

chart.jpg

It's a bit dated sure... We're lucky to have him, but that doesn't mean he isn't grossly overpaid.

Of course, he could survive on about 1% of his salary, most middle class Americans have to spend about 75% of their income on NECESSITIES.

I can't believe people are defending that kind of gross overcompensation. :doh:

Edited by r7n7

I've got mixed feelings, regarding this post. I think both sides of the argument have brought up very valid points, and thus it's hard for me to be anything but ambivalent.

On one hand, from an investors point of view. I would sell every share I had, the day that the board of directors approved the hiring of someone with absolutely no experience in running a multi-billion dollar corporation.

At the multi-billion dollar corporate level, CEO positions are not easily attained. In order to even be considered for the position, the candidate's past managerial performance and decisions are all fully scrutinized and analyzed. Speaking from a laymen's point of view, even I understand that there are very few individuals in existence that are qualified to run a corporation as big as Ford. Given the current economic circumstances, I'd say that Mullaly was pretty prophetic in securing all the financial aid that he did, 2 years ago. I think he also made the right decisions in selling off Aston Martin and the perpetual loser that was Jaguar. I also believe that his decision to make the Taurus relevant again, was just what the doctor ordered in making Ford a healthy brand. IMHO, the best two decisions that Bill Ford Jr. made, were to fire Nasser and for him to step down and relinquish control to Mullaly.

On the other hand, speaking from someone that has had two straight UAW contracts broken and appended. And someone that had their plant closed (Wixom), at the same time that billions of dollars were invested in Mexico and China. I'd have to say that there is a very serious disconnect, between corporate America and main street America. The very idea, that anyone is worth 100 times the compensation of the average worker is utterly absurd.

If any good is to be had from the financial collapse of our Countries corporate structure, it's the fact that we all need to realize that Corporations will always take care of their own... and not us.

We've all lived through the $4.50 a gallon gas era. The very same era in which, companies like Exxon made $16 billion in one quarter. This was the utter epitome of unsustainable, unregulated, and unwarranted corporate greed. How exactly did our government let this happen? Who knows. I guess it was the same government that allowed companies like AIG to thrive. The last eight years of leadership, have been nothing more than a "payback" for all the corporate donations to a... moronic shill.

We've all donated, in one way or another. Some poor souls donated their life (Iraq war), Some donated there Jobs (unfettered outsourcing), others donated their earnings (Housing and stock Market collapse). Almost all of us have lost something or another.

If you haven't lost something in the past 8 years, then you probably should watch your back.

Be careful, because an awful lot of U.S. citizens have yielded their jobs, houses, and quality of life. This great transfer of wealth to China, was started by Wal Mart and perpetuated by the Bush administration. The trickle down economic strategy doesn't work anymore, and without decent paying jobs, eventually we'll all become nihilists.

What is a U.S. dollar worth? Exactly what others are willing to trade for it. If all we produce is debt, and all other countries produce tangible assets..then all we have to offer is toilet paper currency.

Don't blame 60 Day Obama, for this Shit storm.. blame a very pro corporation bush administration, for all the woes of our indebted Country. We now owe everyone...literally everyone. Take our word for it, we'll pay you back. Thanks for your money sucker!!!!!!!

Edited by mrballsonya

I have to agree with several people on here, I have mixed feelings about his salary and perks. I guess in the end, maybe it's a case of you get what you pay for. Mullay is a hired gun, nothing more or less. He has no vested interest in Fords survival, came from a very well paying job, let's face it, he didn't need this shit storm we're in right now. If we didn't pay him, someone would, and we would be left with what? Mark Fields, Bill Ford Jr or heavens knows who trying to get us out of this mess in one piece. So far he seems to have the business savy to have us well ahead of the curve when compared to GM and Chrysler.

We may not like some of the things he has done, but he's not their to make us happy, he's there to keep the company going forward. The downsizing, getting his hands on all the cash when we could still do it on our terms (more or less) rather than begging the feds for money, the contracts and the refinancing the debt is all done already and we are still spending money on product development. GM and Chrysler can't even be seen in our rear-view mirrors on all of those fronts.

His salary seems obscene from our point of view, but given our options, does anyone think Fields or Jr would have managed to get us into as good of a position as we are in right now? Maybe, but personally I kind of doubt it. Just my two cents

your kidding me right?? ANYBODY can sit in meetings, beg for money, and dole out decisions. i am an electrician. one of the most highly skilled jobs on the planet. so if were gettin paid for what we CAN do , why am i barely eeking by while decision makers make way more than they should. who cant live on $600,000/ year. answer NOBODY. their little pay cut just shortened up their vacation is all that did while we will have people loosing their car or houses due to ours

Sounds to me like you should have gone to business school. If you are as intelligent as Mullaly.... you are doing yourself and your family a disservice by being a lowly,envious electrician. If you can't do his job...why are you bitching about his job/pay.

So are you saying that when things turn around that hourly workers will get retroactive bonus increases as well as all other concessions back ?

You do not even need to answer that question, I will see you at the negotiating table 2 contracts from now when we are still trying to win back the concessions we have given since 2005, that will be after Mullaly and the other executives have received tens of millions in restructuring success bonuses.

I will admit Mullaly has done a great job administrating the plan that was already in place back in 2005 with "The Way Forward Plan" part 1.0.

/sarcasim off

My stance is that as salary gets any kind of special bonus, we should too. It has happened the last couple of years in March with piddly (I admit) $500/$1000 checks. It can still happen again. I would obviously like to see more but---you know how that goes. We'll see how long it takes to get ours back. I predict a profit sharing check by spring 2011. Just in time to belly up to the table. That would be great leverage to bargain with. :shades:

Let's be honest here...We are all concerned about what is going on with the company for personal reasons....if we worked for someone else...we wouldn't care nearly as much. From a personal point...what does the wages of someone else have to do with our situation. If mullaly worked for free, would that change our situation? Of course not. If an electrician has confidence and pride in his own abilities, why is it so hard to respect anothers abilities...Mullalys

This man got this job because of what he has done. He is proven. Let him do his thing. We'll be fine in the long run. This is the part that makes me laugh...We give our CEO a hard time for his pay ( it must not be ok for him to get what the market will pay) even though he is proven. And then on the other hand we elect a president that is unproven and inexperienced. I STRONGLY support BOTH.

It has happened the last couple of years in March with piddly (I admit) $500/$1000 checks.

If you remember, Mullaly and Ford lobbied for those bonuses. Not the UAW. Hey if someones' salary is a million, fine. But until the company turns a yrly profit, no bonuses, not stock no deferrals. Same for profit sharing, x-mas bonus.