Bronco

Should   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think.....

• Ford should let the Bronco go?
    • Ford should revive the Bronco?

I think the F150 Raptor going into production, will dramatically improve the chances of Ford bringing back the Bronco. They could even give the Bronco many of the same insides as the Raptor.

However, I don't think it will be as big as it was. It will probably be based off of the Escape or Explorer, my guess is the Escape.

Here's my take on it, feel free to post your own.

I

post-33357-1237940195_thumb.jpg

post-33357-1237940217_thumb.jpg

post-33357-1237940254_thumb.jpg

post-33357-1237940323_thumb.jpg

post-33357-1237940345_thumb.jpg

post-33357-1237940362_thumb.jpg

I think the F150 Raptor going into production, will dramatically improve the chances of Ford bringing back the Bronco. They could even give the Bronco many of the same insides as the Raptor.

However, I don't think it will be as big as it was. It will probably be based off of the Escape or Explorer, my guess is the Escape.

I

I think I like the last one the best.

Nice chops. I can't decide whether I like the BRONCO grille or the Raptor FORD grille better.

Me either, but as I said, I think I like the last one the best.

I voted that Ford should revive it, BUT I believe they should do so when the economy turns around......it should NOT be a priority.

wellll...

I'm thinking T6 for the Bronco - - sorta as the Raptor is to the F-series; the Bronco(s!) would be to the new global-Ranger

so

hopefully building more/many model-styles on one platform will be StdOp-procedure (NOT just for trucks & trucklets!!)

&

Reginer, I alos *like* all your Bronco faces

might suggest using " B R O N C O " lettering on the middle piece of the grille & the mesh for the top & bottom "bar" - - wonder how it'd look with either little Ovals for the mesh or little "F O R D" shaped mesh-pattern - - tho *REALLY* prefer the model name for the BIG center-bar letters

plus

I'm very pleasantly surprised by how well the corrent Escape headlites & bumper shape work for the Bronco proposal :thumbup: :)

but - just to offer something, here's some old chops

BroncoEscape.jpg

Bbox400.jpg

I've long wished for a new Bronco and my view of them has changed over the years. First I wanted a two door Expedition or Excursion. As gas prices rose, the concept looked really good. Then gas prices fell again and the idea of an F-150 based Bronco sounded good but with the new CAFE a two door Escape with more rugged looks would do just fine. I would prefer rear wheel based four wheel drive but as a person that has driven an Escape, it wouldn't be bad. Good job on the chops though.

While the longest run of the Bronco was as a truck spin-off/Expedition ancestor, some of us are old enough to remember - and prefer - the CJ-fighter (and its optional V-8 :happy feet: ). In that particular case, success of the Raptor wouldn't be a factor. I've also got this nagging suspicion that Ford isn't really looking to add another model of a full-size SUV with the current public perception of the domestic manufacturers. So, a smaller Bronco would be it.

I didn't vote since, with all the off-roading I've (n)ever done, the Tribute fits my needs better than a new, small Bronco would. The chops are quite nice, though.

I didn't vote since, with all the off-roading I've (n)ever done, the Tribute fits my needs better than a new, small Bronco would. The chops are quite nice, though.

I don't really have a need for one either, but I still think it'd be cool for Ford to have a Wrangler competitor. Again, though, save it for better economic/financial times.

I don't really have a need for one either, but I still think it'd be cool for Ford to have a Wrangler competitor. Again, though, save it for better economic/financial times.

Yes, I agree Ford should save this for later. A Kuga bronco could be REALLY cool....could be, that is if they did it right.

wellll...

I'm thinking T6 for the Bronco - - sorta as the Raptor is to the F-series; the Bronco(s!) would be to the new global-Ranger

so

hopefully building more/many model-styles on one platform will be StdOp-procedure (NOT just for trucks & trucklets!!)

I like that idea the best, save the Bronco name for a real truck.

I

i would simply have them use the Escape II badge instead and have them base it off the escape. Then i would add opposite drive to the escape II. Opposite drive would be the left from and right rear tires only having power to them. This is the best driving solution.