Last Panther TC

i like the car but here are some ideas... does look too much like the 1990 Town car....

1990_lincoln_town_car.jpg

i say lets make a 27th century town car.... click on thimbnail to see my ideas...

Side pipes on a luxury car? V16?

Dude, it's based off the current TC! It's not going to happen! Lighten up!

The inspiration is a circa 63 RR Silver Cloud AND the original 39 Continental.

post-19198-1239819949_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

If you asked anyone who had a 39-97 Mark you wouldn't have to ask "WTF" LOL.

It's also why I did two. :censored:

WTF - What The F...???

FTW - For The Win

He likes the hump. Me, too.

The rear haunches don't fit in with Lincoln's current look, but they do look nice. I'm also not sure that you should have the grille stick out from the bumper. It looks too much like a Mercury. Overall, it's a nice design, and Lincoln would do well to send the TC off with a similar look.

Now, where's the 4-door coupe? ;}

I think the idea of a hump would be interesting to see on a modern Lincoln, but this hump is a little too massive and the tapering beltline makes the greenhouse too large. The tall grille and the way your headlights don't wrap around the fascia give a very vertical appearance to the front, while the rest of the car is more horizontal. Stylistically, there is too much going on. Lincolns (even that 1990 TC shown) are usually clean and have a few key lines that set the shape of the body. On this design, there are straight lines, curves, humps, sharp edges, rounded corners, etc...too many themes that are working against each other.

Edited by mustang84isu

WTF - What The F...???

FTW - For The Win

He likes the hump. Me, too.

The rear haunches don't fit in with Lincoln's current look, but they do look nice. I'm also not sure that you should have the grille stick out from the bumper. It looks too much like a Mercury. Overall, it's a nice design, and Lincoln would do well to send the TC off with a similar look.

Now, where's the 4-door coupe? ;}

OOps your right LOL I read it wrong.

On this design, there are straight lines, curves, humps, sharp edges, rounded corners, etc...too many themes that are working against each other.

Well, I never was fond of the 96 Taurus! LOL That car was a slave to the ovoid :finger:

Most cars ARE a combination of curves and straight lines.

Here's a different rear end with a chopped top and a tall hat Limo.

post-19198-1240360898_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1240360916_thumb.jpg

Well, I never was fond of the 96 Taurus! LOL That car was a slave to the ovoid :finger:

Most cars ARE a combination of curves and straight lines.

Here's a different rear end with a chopped top and a tall hat Limo.

That's not bad, but I'm not the biggest fan of Lincoln's Continental hump.

Sorry but that looks horrid...

If you don't like it I must be on to something! LOL :finger:

Really though, I don't expect anything from the Panther platform in the future, it's an exercise in futility.

Same goes for the stillborn Imperial (original and my chop).

post-19198-1240943441_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1240943451_thumb.jpg

I was thinking that this might fix the Taurus's problem ( a little bit) of not being able to see out the back window very well, and i was wondering what it would look like on your chop as well.

What if the rear windshield went farther up into the roof?

Going up with the rear window doesn't help much for rear visibility.....that's probably why rear cameras are being used.

Going up with the rear window doesn't help much for rear visibility.....that's probably why rear cameras are being used.

what is wrong with side tail pipes? The dodge viper luxuary car has them. Also optional trucker stacks might work as well with a ram air hood... Also a v12 with 45,000 hp will do just fine. Also f350 truck tires will be good an a front window that turns into a tv screen when playing a movie is good....

what is wrong with side tail pipes? The dodge viper luxuary car has them. Also optional trucker stacks might work as well with a ram air hood... Also a v12 with 45,000 hp will do just fine. Also f350 truck tires will be good an a front window that turns into a tv screen when playing a movie is good....

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

The spare tire rear deck with the bladed rear quarter panels and tail lamps is a nice look and very identifiably Lincoln. The proportions of the spare tire hump can be argued but it must look like a spare tire (as on the Mark II, III, IV, V and VI) The Mark VIII was too watered down looking. Either do it or don't. A Hood ornamanet and tire stripes would be nice.

The spare tire rear deck with the bladed rear quarter panels and tail lamps is a nice look and very identifiably Lincoln. The proportions of the spare tire hump can be argued but it must look like a spare tire (as on the Mark II, III, IV, V and VI) The Mark VIII was too watered down looking. Either do it or don't. A Hood ornamanet and tire stripes would be nice.

I dunno about the tire stripes (White walls?). I upped the bump on this one.

post-19198-1243218842_thumb.jpg

I dunno about the tire stripes (White walls?). I upped the bump on this one.

I think white walls could work. Here are some critiques on your chop.

The green around the rear window, shows what shape i think it should be more like...that box window just doesnt seem to go with the lines of the rest of the car.

Also that box area that hump you have, doesnt seem to flow either...i think it could look good, it just needs some straightening out, or something...maybe you could add the same kind of "hump" to the front of the car... a smaller one of course...but that would make it flow better

post-33357-1243221119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reigner92