From Mulally's Twitter Sessions

A CEO of a major company effectively sitting down with a coffee and "shooting the shit" with anybody who wants to talk....unreal!

Who said he's not worth everything he's paid and more??

Awesome! Go Alan!

how often does he do this? maybe he will have some mercury news soon

A CEO of a major company effectively sitting down with a coffee and "shooting the shit" with anybody who wants to talk....unreal!

Who said he's not worth everything he's paid and more??

Awesome! Go Alan!

Well, my theory is that he was sitting there with a PR guy and an IT guy. A lot of the answer seemed like canned corporate speak, but it's cool no less.

Well, my theory is that he was sitting there with a PR guy and an IT guy. A lot of the answer seemed like canned corporate speak, but it's cool no less.

Of course he was, he doesn't know everything about everything. He can casually chat about anything and reveal what he wants. It's like a "commanders hour" where anybody can ask the top brass anything as a way of ensuring the chain of command isn't ignoring the troops. If the big guy doesn't have an answer he looks to the Sgt Major for an answer or barks "why haven't I been informed of this"?

I think doing it is good leadership. Having others there to ensure correct answers is excellent leadership.

"kissing babies"? I'll refrain from what I was going to say but if you think it is just kissing babies, then I'll say kissing babies wins elections, right or wrong.

Again, this is excellent leadership, leading by example etc.

Of course he was, he doesn't know everything about everything. He can casually chat about anything and reveal what he wants. It's like a "commanders hour" where anybody can ask the top brass anything as a way of ensuring the chain of command isn't ignoring the troops. If the big guy doesn't have an answer he looks to the Sgt Major for an answer or barks "why haven't I been informed of this"?

I think doing it is good leadership. Having others there to ensure correct answers is excellent leadership.

"kissing babies"? I'll refrain from what I was going to say but if you think it is just kissing babies, then I'll say kissing babies wins elections, right or wrong.

Again, this is excellent leadership, leading by example etc.

+1

I loved the video. I understand some of the answers are canned and it seemed they had fun. "Oh yeah, Explorer!" that cracked me up.

^As long as the news dont come as Mercury is dead Im excited lol, how many brands has Mercury outlived since a lot of people have been talking about Mercury going away for about 15 years now

3 Majors ones, Plymouth, Olds and now Pontiac, sad to see Pontiac go, im sure thier fans are going crazy right now.