Fiesta

BT

regardless, it helps pay your salary!

Not only does it not pay my salary, it undermines the US worker. If we buy these vehicles it just gives Ford more amunition to move more products South. People it isnt rocket science, Ford cares about profits period. Lets look out for our union brothers and sisters in the US and buy these products. After all if you buy a Focus or a Taurus Ford will make profit off of these vehicles.

Not only does it not pay my salary, it undermines the US worker. If we buy these vehicles it just gives Ford more amunition to move more products South. People it isnt rocket science, Ford cares about profits period. Lets look out for our union brothers and sisters in the US and buy these products. After all if you buy a Focus or a Taurus Ford will make profit off of these vehicles.

All B-platform vehicles are being bulit outside the US,these are tight margin profit vehicles

Honda Fit

Toyota Yaris

Nissan Versa

Ford Fiesta

Chevy Aveo

All B-platform vehicles are being bulit outside the US,these are tight margin profit vehicles

Honda Fit

Toyota Yaris

Nissan Versa

Ford Fiesta

Chevy Aveo

anybody driving any of these go-carts is completly crazy. Saw crash tests on the news about two weeks ago with these tiny cars agains midsized cars, just midsized it wasn't pretty. I'll stick to my F-150 or Tauras. Look on Utube to see if there are crash tests on a small car before buying. Be smart buy american.

anybody driving any of these go-carts is completly crazy. Saw crash tests on the news about two weeks ago with these tiny cars agains midsized cars, just midsized it wasn't pretty. I'll stick to my F-150 or Tauras. Look on Utube to see if there are crash tests on a small car before buying. Be smart buy american.

passed a few fiesta shells through paint a few weeks back, its about the same size as the focus fyi.. (smaller but close)

Edited by oogravyoo

So let me do the math! Michigan truck people + Wayne assembly people = 1500 new jobs!? Sounds more like we're losin 1500 jobs! Someone please tell me why Ford is building the Fiesta in Mexico! Not enough capacity here? Doesnt sound like it! The Fiesta and the Next Focus are supposed to share a lot of parts! I guess it makes sense then to assemble them 3000 miles apart!!!!! :nonono:

I stoped by the Lincoln-Mercury dealer today and the 2010 MKZ sticker stated that it only had 25% US or Canada content. The 2009 Milan was a little better at 55% but the content sticker said that the 4 cyl. engine was made in Mexico and the 5 sp. auto transmission was made in Japan. The transmission in the MKZ was also made in Japan.

I then looked at the Mercury Sable 90% US or Canada content with both engine and transmission produced in US. You guys can buy all the foreign vehicles Fiesta, MKZ, Fusion that you want but in my book your no better than those buying Hondas or Toyotas.

It disgust me that any Ford employee in the US or Canada would buy the vehicles made in Mexico and when your job is lost you have no one to blame but yourself!

I stoped by the Lincoln-Mercury dealer today and the 2010 MKZ sticker stated that it only had 25% US or Canada content. The 2009 Milan was a little better at 55% but the content sticker said that the 4 cyl. engine was made in Mexico and the 5 sp. auto transmission was made in Japan. The transmission in the MKZ was also made in Japan.

I then looked at the Mercury Sable 90% US or Canada content with both engine and transmission produced in US. You guys can buy all the foreign vehicles Fiesta, MKZ, Fusion that you want but in my book your no better than those buying Hondas or Toyotas.

It disgust me that any Ford employee in the US or Canada would buy the vehicles made in Mexico and when your job is lost you have no one to blame but yourself!

The one upside to that is that for 2010 the 6 speed transmisions for the milan and mkz will be made at van dyke transmision plant in Michigan!

Looking for a car in the size and price range of the Fusion, would you suggest I buy a Honda instead? Big difference in both size and price from Fusion to Taurus.

In another year the North American Focus will no longer get the FN transmission built here at VanDyke but the Fusion is going to be taking the 6FM transmission built here at VanDyke. Your saying buy the Focus to support those employees at MTP/Wayne regardless of the fact that the Fusion sale will benefit the plant I am at? What is it that makes the final assembly jobs at MTP/Wayne more important than mine? I understand what you are saying as far as total vehicle content, but I cant limit my options to either Taurus or Mustang.

Looking for a car in the size and price range of the Fusion, would you suggest I buy a Honda instead? Big difference in both size and price from Fusion to Taurus.

In another year the North American Focus will no longer get the FN transmission built here at VanDyke but the Fusion is going to be taking the 6FM transmission built here at VanDyke. Your saying buy the Focus to support those employees at MTP/Wayne regardless of the fact that the Fusion sale will benefit the plant I am at? What is it that makes the final assembly jobs at MTP/Wayne more important than mine? I understand what you are saying as far as total vehicle content, but I cant limit my options to either Taurus or Mustang.

What about Chevy Malibu or another UAW/CAW built vehicle?

I look at total vehicle content and thats how I spend my money. I understand that the transmission may be made at VanDyke but lets say Ford decides they no longer want to build cars in the US or Canada only trucks. Do you think they are going to build the transmission and engine in the US or Canada and ship them to Mexico? I would tend to think it will be cheaper for Ford to build the trans. at VD because they will use more of them in vehicles produced in the US and Canada and transportation cost would override the low wages in Mexico.

Most final assembly plants that run two shifts full capacity have over 2,000 employees. An engine plant can build enough engines for this one assembly plant with less than 1,000 employees. So what I am saying is we need to look out for workers in the US and Canada by buying the products that supports the most workers in these countries. My statement is more about the workers then it is Ford, if Ford gets into trouble they can go beg for money from Germany, Canada, Mexico, US, Russia, India, China and any other country that they employ workers in. If we lose our jobs because we buy foriegn products, we go bankrupt or struggle through, no bridge loan or bailout.

To make the record straight I do not work in a final assy. plant either but if I lose my job maybe I could transfer to one in the US.

Hey vdtransman i have a older f-150 that was built in america! I've taken very good care of it! I'll sell you that and i'll buy a new f-150! What do ya think? :stirpot:

Edited by 0824sgt

Could be that duel clutch Getrag trans, not sure though

Ford and Getrag are building a new trans plant right now in mexico. according to news stories the trans will go in all of fords new small car lineup. the fiesta, focus, transit, etc.

Ford and Getrag are building a new trans plant right now in mexico. according to news stories the trans will go in all of fords new small car lineup. the fiesta, focus, transit, etc.

Well thats great news!! For The Mexicans!!!!!! Obviously we will loose more manufacturing in this country! Sounds like the scenerio as with Wayne assembly/Michigan truck! Open Michigan Assembly close Wayne Assembly! Im beginning to see the future more clearly now! No manufacturing of anything here in America or Canada and All of it in Mexico,China,korea and Brazil! Then ship that shit back here so Americans can buy them in droves!!!!!Sounds awfully familiar! (GM/Chrysler) Oh then again we will manufacture trucks! Wont be many of them considering gas will be 6/7 dollars a gallon! Bill Ford is advocating a 50 cent a gallon tax! Wonder why? We are probably the last hourly employees to be hired in America! :censored:

Well thats great news!! For The Mexicans!!!!!! Obviously we will loose more manufacturing in this country! Sounds like the scenerio as with Wayne assembly/Michigan truck! Open Michigan Assembly close Wayne Assembly! Im beginning to see the future more clearly now! No manufacturing of anything here in America or Canada and All of it in Mexico,China,korea and Brazil! Then ship that shit back here so Americans can buy them in droves!!!!!Sounds awfully familiar! (GM/Chrysler) Oh then again we will manufacture trucks! Wont be many of them considering gas will be 6/7 dollars a gallon! Bill Ford is advocating a 50 cent a gallon tax! Wonder why? We are probably the last hourly employees to be hired in America! :censored:

What you say may happen. This is why I will not buy or allow any of my x-plans to be used on a Milan, MKZ, Fusion or the new Fiesta. I will not buy a Ranger with the 2.3 L 4 cyl either, that engine is made in Mexico. We need to lookout for ourselves because Ford isnt going to.

What really grips me is Ford is applying for US govt. money for fuel efficient products. American workers fund these multi national corporations/companys with tax breaks and R&D funds but most of these businesses ship the production overseas.

Since I am on my soap box, this is the same thing that GM and Chrysler did to Gettelfinger. They asked him to go to DC and beg for loans but now these same companies are going to close US plants and invest in overseas operations. I read today that Fiat will probably produce a car smaller then the Fiesta in Mexico and this would create an opportunity for Ford to utilize that plant in a joint venture to build the Ka. We all know what GM is proposing. Closing plants and laying off 21k US employees and moving production to China, Latin America ect..

The UAW should have been in DC asking for money to cover retirees medical and pensions as well as National Health care for all Americans not for money for GM and Chrysler. I think the UAW means well but they have out punted their coverage and need to get back to the roots of unionism!