ford restyling F150 any time soon?

GT40 2

some one thinks there will be a restyled F150 at NAIAS, is this true?

No. There was a mild refresh for '06 MY. Maybe expect a 2008 redesign next year of year after.

What we might see are some more option packages (similar to King Ranch and Harley)

No. There was a mild refresh for '06 MY. Maybe expect a 2008 redesign next year of year after.

What we might see are some more option packages (similar to King Ranch and Harley)

2009 MY is a major refresh

There will likely be well appointed F150s at NAIAS showing 3rd party configurrations

The newest for 2006 is the Crew Cab with 6 1/2 foot box

We listened and now you can buy a crew cab with a more useable longer box

There will likely be well appointed F150s at NAIAS showing 3rd party configurrations

thanks, Harry.

I think 2009 for major refresh is realistic. As long as there are minor refreshes and options changes between 04 launch and 09 redesign.

There will likely be well appointed F150s at NAIAS showing 3rd party configurations

We listened and now you can buy a crew cab with a more usable longer box

I've always found my 5-1/2' box very usable and it fits in my garage. If it were a foot longer, it wouldn't fit. Can you put a slide in camper in a SuperCrew with the 6-1/2' bed? Or maybe be able to tow a 5th wheel? Other than that, I don't see the point.

• 2 weeks later...
I've always found my 5-1/2' box very usable and it fits in my garage. If it were a foot longer, it wouldn't fit. Can you put a slide in camper in a SuperCrew with the 6-1/2' bed? Or maybe be able to tow a 5th wheel? Other than that, I don't see the point.

I feel that eventually (if Ford puts a good diesel in the F-150) the 6 1/2 ft bed on the SuperCrew could replace the SWB F-250 Crew Cab. I'd hate to see that, my SWB F-250 Crew Cab is the "perfect" truck for me.

Thank you! That's been one of the biggest single requests we've gotten. The 5' bed is too small to be functional- at least to folks who use a pickup as a pickup. The ability to fit a pickup in a garage isn't an issue on the Left-Coast (guess where I think most of the 6.5' boxes will be sold?)

i hope they go back to the old box style, the new one is too high, you can`t reach into the bed and get something out. or set something in. hope they loose the tacty plastic interior, especially the ip. my 2001 was the last year they actually put comfy PADDED leather seats in them. my 03 lariat had the hardest seats i ever had in a ford truck

optional, just like you get a choice of 5.5' or 6.5' in the s.cab or 6.5' or 8' in the regular cab.

Hey DD: Do you guys hear anything about a diesel in the f-150 anytime before hell freezes over I know you guys have a lot on your plate right now was just wondering if any rumors are floating around on diesel engines?? Thanx KP

Hey DD: Do you guys hear anything about a diesel in the f-150 anytime before hell freezes over I know you guys have a lot on your plate right now was just wondering if any rumors are floating around on diesel engines?? Thanx KP

Well rumors are floating around, but I have not heard any about a diesel F-150. I do agree though, a diesel would give Ford one up on the competition.I just got a letter from the plant saying how they were proud of how far we have come in less than two years, but that we "need to aggressively go after Toyota, Nissan, GM and any other auto company in our market." So Ford is taking the others seriously and that may include a diesel(hope).

Well rumors are floating around, but I have not heard any about a diesel F-150. I do agree though, a diesel would give Ford one up on the competition.I just got a letter from the plant saying how they were proud of how far we have come in less than two years, but that we "need to aggressively go after Toyota, Nissan, GM and any other auto company in our market." So Ford is taking the others seriously and that may include a diesel(hope).

Thanx DD if you hea anything give us a post, it sure would give ford a shot in the arm I am just afraid toyota is going to beat them to the punch with the new tundra and that would be a killer for ford!! L8R

Thanx DD if you hea anything give us a post, it sure would give ford a shot in the arm I am just afraid toyota is going to beat them to the punch with the new tundra and that would be a killer for ford!! L8R

Not a problem, I always keep my ears open for "realistic" rumors. I don't bother with the stuff I know is false.

• 3 weeks later...