fusion grille

Torn between the 06-09 Fusion and the 10. I like the front and end of both. I found the Fusion original even though there is debate. I feel the original exterior and a new interior and mechanics are good but it won't sell. The new one I feel will sell better. I like the MCE and even though the tail looks like a step back, you need to take a close look at the detailing. Photos can't do that.

Since we're on the topic of Ford grillwork.....

THIS little "beauty" HAS to take the all time "WTF Were They Thinking?!?!" award.

Granted.... E-series vehicles don't normally sell on their good looks, but C'MON.... was there a contest going on at Ford for who can create the most ugliest front-end design?

2009_Ford_E-150.jpg

I MUCH prefer the grill on this oldie-but-goodie 1975 Ford "Cruisin'" van!

76fordvan.jpg

-Ovaltine

If you think it looks ugly with chrome, wait till you see it with the plastic grille. Ugliest thing I've ever seen. There are tons of them around where I work because it's near a special needs facility for children and they cart them into the place with mostly Ford vans.

The 1970s had some really nice truck and van designs for Ford. Conversely, I cannot think of an uglier time period for Ford cars ....

I actually like the new Fusion grill better too. And I'm glad that the "ricer" bling on the back taillights is gone.

All a matter of personal taste. I am younger, so I liked the brightwork on the rear of the car. I personally think that the back of the 06-09 Fusion has a tidier / small appearance than the new one. To me, the 06-09's rear end is still the best looking rear end on any vehicle out there.

Edited by SVT_MAN

If you think it looks ugly with chrome, wait till you see it with the plastic grille. Ugliest thing I've ever seen. There are tons of them around where I work because it's near a special needs facility for children and they cart them into the place with mostly Ford vans.

The 1970s had some really nice truck and van designs for Ford. Conversely, I cannot think of an uglier time period for Ford cars ....

All a matter of personal taste. I am younger, so I liked the brightwork on the rear of the car. I personally think that the back of the 06-09 Fusion has a tidier / small appearance than the new one. To me, the 06-09's rear end is still the best looking rear end on any vehicle out there.

Yeah, the Econolines look horrible with the black plastic grilles.

Eh, the ovaloid Taurus years weren't the best either.....

Saw a new Fusion on the road today (Raleigh, NC). I must admit, it looks better in person than in pictures. I still think the grill is a little overdone on the car, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Guess I need to consider it like I do the Chrysler 300; better in person than in pictures.

The Fusion I saw was white, if it matters. Maybe that makes a difference?

The Fusion I saw was white, if it matters. Maybe that makes a difference?

We saw a white one coming out of a restaurant tonight. Sharp looking car. The wife liked the front end of the '10 better than the previous generation. She said the headlights "fit" better.

There's a young woman in town with a 2010 black Fusion Sport. That car looks sweet. Lucky girl.

The Fusion Sport is also a pretty good deal. The basic sport package (no options, and there's not many) actually stickers for less than an SEL with V-6 auto.

We saw a white one coming out of a restaurant tonight. Sharp looking car. The wife liked the front end of the '10 better than the previous generation. She said the headlights "fit" better.

I totally agree. The dealership by me had both models side by side on the lot when buying my Edge and the 2010's looked better. The older style actually looks pretty bland and out of place. It was never so obvious until they were right next to each other.

2008_fusion.jpg

2010-ford-fusion-front.jpg

Edited by Hydro

I totally agree. The dealership by me had both models side by side on the lot when buying my Edge and the 2010's looked better. The older style actually looks pretty bland and out of place. It was never so obvious until they were right next to each other.

2008_fusion.jpg

2010-ford-fusion-front.jpg

I agree.....I've seen them next to each other and you're right, the new model makes the old model look pretty bland.

I agree.....I've seen them next to each other and you're right, the new model makes the old model look pretty bland.

Not surprising considering when it was released in 06, it didn't want to be polarizing. Overall, I feel Ford accomplished it's mission. Now, it's playing for all the marbles.

Not surprising considering when it was released in 06, it didn't want to be polarizing. Overall, I feel Ford accomplished it's mission. Now, it's playing for all the marbles.

I understand that, but I think it's just funny how different it looked back then from all the other cars, but now how it looks plain compared to the new model.

The new model makes the old model look,well.................old. Just exactly what it's supposed to do.