Next Generation Mustang Wish List

joihan777

These are some of the features I'd like in the next Mustang:

1. Parchment interior option

2. Parchment Tops on convertibles option

3. An inch more leg space in rear

4. Rollover protection in convertibles

5. 6-Speed automatic transmission

6. A "Sport" mode on automatic transmission, with an economic mode as default (Sport changes transmission shiftpoints for quicker acceleration but still uses all 6 forward gears)

7. Cylinder deactivation

8. WINDVEIL BLUE !!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say several of those are possibilities, and at least a couple of them are a certainty -- the transmissions for example.

I really would advise against adding any more space to the rear seats though. The Mustang has grown in size enough as it is. Adding even more back seat room would bloat it even further. Yes, I understand that people use the back seat. But really, if you need to use the back seat so often that leg room is a priority concern, maybe you should be looking at sedans instead of coupes.

I would say several of those are possibilities, and at least a couple of them are a certainty -- the transmissions for example.

I really would advise against adding any more space to the rear seats though. The Mustang has grown in size enough as it is. Adding even more back seat room would bloat it even further. Yes, I understand that people use the back seat. But really, if you need to use the back seat so often that leg room is a priority concern, maybe you should be looking at sedans instead of coupes.

Well, the back seat in the 05+'s could maybe be chopped an inch off the front end, or somewhere in between.

I really hope the EB V6's at least get the 6-speed transmissions. (Can the 6speeds handle V8 power?)

My idea for the "default" mode on the automatic would be for the EPA mpg test and casual cruising... but a deliberate click of the selector gets the performance up quick.

The pop-up rollbars on the BMW's & VW's are quite small, but Ford IS trying to sell safety... I hope it can at least be tried.

And I REALLY like Parchment/ Windveil Blue combo!

Edited by joihan777

Well, the back seat in the 05+'s could maybe be chopped an inch off the front end, or somewhere in between.

I really hope the EB V6's at least get the 6-speed transmissions. (Can the 6speeds handle V8 power?)

My idea for the "default" mode on the automatic would be for the EPA mpg test and casual cruising... but a deliberate click of the selector gets the performance up quick.

The 3.5L EB V6 gets a new 6F55 6 speed tranny. It's beefed up significantly to handle the torque.

And I'm pretty sure if you offer multiple modes of operation the EPA uses all of them. You can't make an optional sport mode and exclude it from the EPA mileage tests.

But look at his sig picture.....notice his is a convertible......there aren't exactly too many 4-door/sedan convertibles out there, are there?

But look at his sig picture.....notice his is a convertible......there aren't exactly too many 4-door/sedan convertibles out there, are there?

Well, that's simply one of the sacrifices you need to make when you want a functional back seat. Tis the way of the world. It's such a mean place sometimes, huh?

Well, that's simply one of the sacrifices you need to make when you want a functional back seat. Tis the way of the world. It's such a mean place sometimes, huh?

But there are certainly convertibles that have larger back seats than others. On a related note, a local Cadillac dealer has a convertible CTS sedan up on one of the pedestals out front.......

Aw c'mon, I only said 1 inch... I'm not asking for reclining seats with footrests! :lol:

Update: IT HAPPENED AGAIN! This week I went to Yosemite and got compliments & stares from complete strangers!

Mind you my baby is 3 rental car years old!

Ford really could use the parchment top/ interior. It goes GREAT with Windveil Blue (and a few other colors as well!)

Aw c'mon, I only said 1 inch... I'm not asking for reclining seats with footrests! :lol:

Update: IT HAPPENED AGAIN! This week I went to Yosemite and got compliments & stares from complete strangers!

Mind you my baby is 3 rental car years old!

Ford really could use the parchment top/ interior. It goes GREAT with Windveil Blue (and a few other colors as well!)

Is parchment the tan color? It's hard to tell from your picture.

Is parchment the tan color? It's hard to tell from your picture.

Yeah, parchment is the "tan" color. I've gotten SO many compliments on it over the year that I've owned it. I'm dismayed Ford nixed the combo.

Sometimes the compliments are from guys saying how cool it is, but mostly it's from [very cute] girls that say "Ooooh." Sheesh....!!!!!!

A teacher in my kid's school has the same combo but with the sparkly deep red paint... very choice.

l_b52882b506e14aedade2ebbefa3a89a7.jpg

My only gripe is that those wheels don't come in 18"

Edited by joihan777

Yeah, parchment is the "tan" color. I've gotten SO many compliments on it over the year that I've owned it. I'm dismayed Ford nixed the combo.

Sometimes the compliments are from guys saying how cool it is, but mostly it's from [very cute] girls that say "Ooooh." Sheesh....!!!!!!

A teacher in my kid's school has the same combo but with the sparkly deep red paint... very choice.

l_b52882b506e14aedade2ebbefa3a89a7.jpg

My only gripe is that those wheels don't come in 18"

Yeah, it's pretty good looking.....I still see quite a few around.....mostly red that I can remember though.

I can understand why they axed it, though....$$$ saving....

Yeah, it's pretty good looking.....I still see quite a few around.....mostly red that I can remember though.

I can understand why they axed it, though....$$$ saving....

Don't know about that.... I for one will NOT buy a black interior or black convertible roof car. Even if that means my current Mustang is the last one I'll ever buy.

Don't know about that.... I for one will NOT buy a black interior or black convertible roof car. Even if that means my current Mustang is the last one I'll ever buy.

Hmm. I fully understand about the black interior, I don't like them either (of course living in Florida helps with that decision), and I suppose w/ tan interior, a tan roof would make sense. I dunno what to say....I guess sorry?

Hmm. I fully understand about the black interior, I don't like them either (of course living in Florida helps with that decision), and I suppose w/ tan interior, a tan roof would make sense. I dunno what to say....I guess sorry?

Thanks, no offense taken OK?

But I wish you WOULD say that you are secretly Alan ;)

and that you will bring back more colors ASAP!

(My wife gets nervous enough whenever I pass a Ford dealership!!)

Seriously though, Ford IMO needs to implement the features I listed.

I think they would boost sales overall.... even if some of them were optional costs.

Thanks, no offense taken OK?

But I wish you WOULD say that you are secretly Alan ;)

and that you will bring back more colors ASAP!

(My wife gets nervous enough whenever I pass a Ford dealership!!)

Seriously though, Ford IMO needs to implement the features I listed.

I think they would boost sales overall.... even if some of them were optional costs.

I wish I either 1) were Alan, 2) knew him (to hopefully influence future products), 3) was J Mays (or whoever is in charge of FNA design now, can't remember), or 4) knew whoever is in charge of FNA design to hopefully influence future products.

I agree with all your points, except maybe cylinder deactivation b/c of EcoBoost.

Another feature that's just smart:

The doors have one detent in them when opened ~25%, Ford could add a second detent at 75%.

The Mustang has long doors and most parking spaces these days are only 8 ft. wide, making door dings an everyday threat.

^ shouldn't the detents be closer to 33% & 66%?

&

heading towards going offtopic

...if you need to use the back seat so often that leg room is a priority concern, maybe you should be looking at sedans instead of coupes.

IF only Ford would make one!!! ie Thunderbird

(if 'they' can make 4-door-coupes, Ford could make a 2-door-sedan ;)

...not really saying a new Tbird would hafta be 2-door -- actually thinking Rapide)

&

(what I wanted to say when I first saw this thread's title)

a COUGAR platform-mate!!!&!

...been thinking a LOT about the inline 6 for the LincStang -- EB opt too!

now wondering about using (just?) the 2.5 4cyl EB in the COUGAR (300hp)

(along with a unique Hybrid-2.5-EB? could maybe be a lower pressure version?? for similar overall hp but best-possible mpg???)

Edited by 2b2

What, an SHO isn't RWD enough? How about a <holding in laughter> Grand Marquis?

^ first part = FIXED

second part = are you old enuf to remember the "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature" commercials?

plus

doncha know that Cats don't like being laughed at -- and find ways to get even?

&

the MGM has nothing to do with the topic :P

but

if I "win the lottery", a very-custom Marquis is high on my list :D

joihan, I saw a white Mustang with a parchment top today, it looked great. I'm starting more and more to side with you on the issue.

I'm glad you think so! The way I see it, changing color on a pre-engineered section isn't too expensive. Even if it is an "Order Item Only".

Yet another feature:

Power adjust on seatback angle (at least as part of a "Premier" option).

I'm glad you think so! The way I see it, changing color on a pre-engineered section isn't too expensive. Even if it is an "Order Item Only".

Yet another feature:

Power adjust on seatback angle (at least as part of a "Premier" option).

Yeah, it'd be a good "order item only." That way, Ford could (theoretically) save by only having one color top, then for those (like you) that want the parchment top, you could order it specially.

And agreed on the power seatback angle. The higher-end models don't have that? Wow....mistake in my book.

I'm disappointed my Flex doesn't have a power seatback/lumbar on the passenger side, but I can understand in that case since it folds completely flat.

Yet ANOTHER idea, #11:

1. Parchment interior option

2. Parchment Tops on convertibles option

3. An inch more leg space in rear

4. Rollover protection in convertibles

5. 6-Speed automatic transmission

6. A "Sport" mode on automatic transmission, with an economic mode as default (Sport changes transmission shiftpoints for quicker acceleration but still uses all 6 forward gears)

7. Cylinder deactivation

8. WINDVEIL BLUE !!!

9. Door detente @ 33% AND 66%

10. Power adjust on seatback angle

11. Telescoping steering wheel.