2010 Fusion Non-Hybrid Topics

transitman

I took my Fusion in this morning for the bottom of the door paint issue. The body shop foreman checked it and said he didn't believe it would be an issue because it was primed and clear coated. He decided to look at cars on the lot to see if they also had a paint coverage issues. The Tuxedo Black SE on the show floor was completely covered. We checked an Atlantis Green Hybrid and before he looked up said I have a problem and it will be painted under warranty. I took a look at the Atlantis Green car and it was worse than mine, no top coat paint at all. We checked a third 2009 Fusion SEL and it had the same coverage issue. Like mine, it looked like over spray rather than a good top coat. They're going to remove all rubber, paint and clearcoat the bottom of all four doors.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting, based on your post I did check my Metalic Blue Sport package, and all looks to be painted well... It's definately an interesting find and news.... Wonder if its a model series or what that the bottoms aren't getting painted..

There's got to be a series, track, or something that is missing the paint.. Thinking that the sport has so many unique characteristics, modling and whatnot I doubt they would manufactur it on the same line as SEL's, etc...

I'm sure that ford will be listing the recall on the exact models soon if that is indeed the case...

Hope all turns out well for you!

Very interesting, based on your post I did check my Metalic Blue Sport package, and all looks to be painted well... It's definately an interesting find and news.... Wonder if its a model series or what that the bottoms aren't getting painted..

There's got to be a series, track, or something that is missing the paint.. Thinking that the sport has so many unique characteristics, modling and whatnot I doubt they would manufactur it on the same line as SEL's, etc...

I'm sure that ford will be listing the recall on the exact models soon if that is indeed the case...

Hope all turns out well for you!

They don't do recalls for paint problems.

I got my car back from getting the bottoms of the doors painted. Now I'm happy. :woohoo: It took five days when they said it would take three. Oh well. I was glad to get out of the :censored: Hyundai Accent I got as a loaner. A little over spray on the lower outside of the doors which was easily removed with polishing compound and a coat of Meguiar's Gold Class.

Does anyone know if it is safe to clay chromed plastic parts without doing any damage? Before the polishing and waxing removed the over spray, I thought I might have to use a clay bar, which made me think about the front grille and the minor road rash it suffered on a trip earlier in the month.

I got my car back from getting the bottoms of the doors painted. Now I'm happy. :woohoo: It took five days when they said it would take three. Oh well. I was glad to get out of the :censored: Hyundai Accent I got as a loaner. A little over spray on the lower outside of the doors which was easily removed with polishing compound and a coat of Meguiar's Gold Class.

Do you have some before-and-after pictures? To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start looking as far as my own car is concerned, so some visual indicators on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if it is safe to clay chromed plastic parts without doing any damage?

Hi transitman :D . Yes, it is safe to use a claybar on the chromed plastic. It will actually be less abrasive than many "polishes".

Good luck. :beerchug:

Do you have some before-and-after pictures? To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start looking as far as my own car is concerned, so some visual indicators on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have any before pics but here are some pics of the light paint locations. Two pics are of the front door and the other two are the rear door. The second pic is pointing straight up from the floor showing the bottom of the door. I don't have the time to go in to Paint and add arrows or highlight the area so I hope you get the idea where my problem area was.

Edited by transitman

I don't have any before pics but here are some pics of the light paint locations. Two pics are of the front door and the other two are the rear door. The second pic is pointing straight up from the floor showing the bottom of the door. I don't have the time to go in to Paint and add arrows or highlight the area so I hope you get the idea where my problem area was.

I think I get it now. Thanks. I'll take a look at my car tomorrow in the sunlight.

I think I get it now. Thanks. I'll take a look at my car tomorrow in the sunlight.

I checked my driver's side doors (front and rear), and there is no paint problem that I see; I haven't checked the passenger side yet, but I'll do that some time. Again, thanks for bringing the issue to our attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Because of a dusty road trip earlier this summer I decided to check my cabin air filter. Despite all the dust that entered the car, the filter paper was surprisingly clean. A few gnats and some larger particles got trapped but were easily blown out with my compressor. Under normal conditions my guess is the filter can last 3 to 5 years before it needs to be changed. I printed the Removal and Installation instructions from another thread, it was good for identifying the parts but lacked any removal detail. Here's how I did it:

1. Open glove box

2. Push the side walls inward so the rubber stops clear.

3. Detach the retractable string by prying the tab outward. String will retract but is still accessible.

4. Pull box to the floor.

5. Insert a screwdriver in the two slots at each end of the access door and pull out. The right side of the door may need to be pulled downward to get past a non removable tubular part. The small vertical bolts you see are not a part of this process.

6. Reach in with your fingers, fold inward the paper tab at the top of the filter element on the right side and pull filter out. The filter needs to be pulled downward on the right side to get past the tubular part.

7. To insert the filter the right side paper tab again needs to be folded down and maneuvered past the tube.

8. Make sure the hinges at the bottom of the glove box have not detached.

9. Close the glove box, push the sides inward so the stops clear, reattach the retractable string, close the door and voilà, that's it. :beerchug:

No scraped knuckles and the only tool needed was a screwdriver.

Got my Weathertech floor liners put in this morning. I love these things!!! :)

th_IMG_1342.jpg

th_IMG_1343.jpg

th_IMG_1344.jpg

Sweet, is there also a lip on the back of the mats, did you get rears too? How much and from where. I already have Fusion rubber mats but these look FAR superior. Good coverage on the console side and behind the accelerator pedal. I'm getting a set.

FYI- Weathertech floor liners are now available for the 2010 Fusions :)

I just put in the order for mine B)

What the heck, I just ordered at set. I have the genuine Fusion mats for the back so I only ordered fronts. There kind of pricey at $99.95 for fronts only but well worth it to protect from a Minnesota winter.

What the heck, I just ordered at set. I have the genuine Fusion mats for the back so I only ordered fronts. There kind of pricey at $99.95 for fronts only but well worth it to protect from a Minnesota winter.

Yeah, they are a bit on the pricey side but they offer the best protection and look great also. They look much better than the all weather mats that Ford sells.

Sweet, is there also a lip on the back of the mats, did you get rears too? How much and from where. I already have Fusion rubber mats but these look FAR superior. Good coverage on the console side and behind the accelerator pedal. I'm getting a set.

Yes, there's a lip all the way around. I only got the fronts since we never really have anyone in the rear.

I heard about them when my wife got her '08 and we bought a set of the fronts. After the first winter, I was VERY glad we bought them. When you want to clean them, just take them out and scrub ;)

I bought them directly from Weathertech. They were $99 plus shipping. Not the cheapest, but there's no better protection!

I will guarantee you will not be disappointed!

The only issue people have had are those with manual transmissions may have to trim the edge of the liner where the clutch is or it may interfere. But that's a minor thing.

Yes, there's a lip all the way around. I only got the fronts since we never really have anyone in the rear.

I heard about them when my wife got her '08 and we bought a set of the fronts. After the first winter, I was VERY glad we bought them. When you want to clean them, just take them out and scrub ;)

I bought them directly from Weathertech. They were $99 plus shipping. Not the cheapest, but there's no better protection!

I tried to buy a front set for my '10 SEL AWD and Weathertech told me they would not be available untill October/November. Do any of you have an AWD, did you get the mats, and if they fit O.K. what is the part number? I got the feeling the person I talked to at the company was slightly confused. Maybe they had bad info?

I tried to buy a front set for my '10 SEL AWD and Weathertech told me they would not be available untill October/November. Do any of you have an AWD, did you get the mats, and if they fit O.K. what is the part number? I got the feeling the person I talked to at the company was slightly confused. Maybe they had bad info?

I have FWD, and I just checked www.weathertech.com and when clicking on the "is your car..." box it states that AWD Digital Fit floor mats are not available at this time. How is the floor different on the AWD versus the FWD?

I will guarantee you will not be disappointed!

The only issue people have had are those with manual transmissions may have to trim the edge of the liner where the clutch is or it may interfere. But that's a minor thing.

Sundedo, you're off the hook. :) The floor mats fit and look great! They were well worth the price and should keep salt and grime off the carpet. I ordered online Sunday and received my order on Friday. Thanks for the tip.

Sundedo, you're off the hook. :) The floor mats fit and look great! They were well worth the price and should keep salt and grime off the carpet. I ordered online Sunday and received my order on Friday. Thanks for the tip.

I wasn't worried ;)

I'm VERY glad I had mine this weekend. We went to a county fair and it was muddy as hell out! Mats worked like a charm :D

Did you order the full set or just the fronts?