“New” Chrysler will be off the hook for any defective vehicles made before April 30

TomServo92

Hmm, so for anyone owning or purchasing a Chrysler, this may not be so good. But at least me being a taxpayer, I know not all my money will be spent on fixing a ton of older POS vehicles. Just on newer POS vehicles. Great!

And the PR is just getting worse for Chrysler.

Hmm, so for anyone owning or purchasing a Chrysler, this may not be so good. But at least me being a taxpayer, I know not all my money will be spent on fixing a ton of older POS vehicles. Just on newer POS vehicles. Great!

And the PR is just getting worse for Chrysler.

Let the UAW honor the warranties... Then they'll have to use up that multi-million dollar strike fund real fast since they can't go on strike according to these new contracts from what I understand (until 2015?) I take it.

They built it. They can fix it!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Crap, I just got a recall notice for my '05 Durango. The notuice says they may need to replace the fuel tank if the one-way valve is defective. Mine spits a pint of fuel if I let it auto-shut-off. I better get that taken care of ASAP before they tell me to take a flying leap.

Yes, legally they will be off the hook. More then likely, they would honor any recall (though that's a chance any prospective owner is now going to have to take). The PR resulting from them not honoring one would sink them quicker then the BK already is.

I say let chrysler die or merge it somehow with GM. Why pour our tax dollars down 2 rabbit holes when we can just build one giant one?

Chrysler and GM can only really co-exist as competitors though. There is no point in merging them, as one company or the other would become entirely redundant within the other.

Chrysler and GM can only really co-exist as competitors though. There is no point in merging them, as one company or the other would become entirely redundant within the other.

My idea on this is to have GM continue to build Jeep, and niche vehicles like Viper (maybe) Challenger and Minivans. Chrysler has the best minivans America has to offer so that business should be preserved if possible. Just about everything else could be eliminated. We're just so over-capacity at this point, something has to give. I just don't think these big companies can all exist any longer. We need to shrink stuff down to meet demand. I for one don't feel like reading for months and months more that we're burning cash at about a billion a month just to keep these places in business when demand can't possibly support it all. At some point the faucet needs to be turned off.

My idea on this is to have GM continue to build Jeep, and niche vehicles like Viper (maybe) Challenger and Minivans. Chrysler has the best minivans America has to offer so that business should be preserved if possible. Just about everything else could be eliminated. We're just so over-capacity at this point, something has to give. I just don't think these big companies can all exist any longer. We need to shrink stuff down to meet demand. I for one don't feel like reading for months and months more that we're burning cash at about a billion a month just to keep these places in business when demand can't possibly support it all. At some point the faucet needs to be turned off.

Chrysler's minivans aren't class-leading in anything anymore. Why should they be spared? And vehicles like the Viper and Challenger don't do anything for a company's bottom line. Jeep is....well....Jeep. It would be better off simply being sold on the open market where it could bring in some cash instead of just dumping it into the mess of brands already holding down GM.

They can both co-exist, as much smaller entities. Let Chrysler survive....as simply Chrysler-Jeep.

Let GM survive....as simply Chevrolet-Cadillac.

Chrysler's minivans aren't class-leading in anything anymore. Why should they be spared? And vehicles like the Viper and Challenger don't do anything for a company's bottom line. Jeep is....well....Jeep. It would be better off simply being sold on the open market where it could bring in some cash instead of just dumping it into the mess of brands already holding down GM.

They can both co-exist, as much smaller entities. Let Chrysler survive....as simply Chrysler-Jeep.

Let GM survive....as simply Chevrolet-Cadillac.

I just don't see that happening. Its not a bad idea, but who will make the gigantic cuts necessary to accomplish this?