Mustang Wins!

There are a lot of things to like about the Camaro. The performance aspect is there, and the interior design looks great. That would be fine if you didn't have the lighter and more nimble Mustang nipping at its bumper (and this is b4 we see new engines and transmissions).

And then you have the interior.......the Camaro's interior is god awful. It's cheap, poorly designed and it strikes me as if GM benchmarked the old Mustang interior instead of moving the bar forward. The HVAC knobs felt as if they were going to fall off in my hand, the mass expanse of cheap plastic that spans most of the dash is a disaster and I know I've said b4 but the gauge location is lame.

sorry :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"and everyone seemed in agreement the Challenger was the best looking of the three- just to heavy."

Well I guess looks really are subjective because I have seen numerous Challengers on the road, and I really don't find them that attractive, I especially don't care for the rear end. They are just too much an exact copy of an older version. I like how the Mustang takes styling cues from past models and incorporates them into a modern design.

Just my .02 cents.

I like the Challenger, even if it is a bit plain. Only the higher-end models look good, though. The base V6s don't look very good, IMO. They look cheap, which may be a result of the plain design.

Isn't the trim on the Mustang's dash real metal, or is that only certain models? They called it faux metal trim.

from what I understand is the 5.0 will debut witha significant body restyle....the 2010 is a stopgap....

Better not be that long. This "stopgap" is supposed to run for at least 3 model years.

Yeah, I thought it (the 5.0 and 3.5) were in line for a 2011 debut in Mustang?

Wow, Chevy Beretta, I haven't seen one in AGES! That was an 80's-tastic car, I still remember the turquoise greens and bright purples.

800px-1996ChevroletBeretta-rear.jpg

I still see a few here and there.

Well isn't that the GM way? They have the same car selling through Buick, Pontiac, Chevy and Caddy, each with a slightly different front & rear end, slightly different interior materials and call them unique? Like the Traverse (sp?), how many different models do they sell of that? Isn't there a Buick and Cadillac type versions? I know they're trying to get the most bang for their buck with existing parts/products, but this is why I dislike so many GM vehicles. Same crap, different name/brand.

The GM Lambda's currently consist of:

-Chevy Traverse

-Saturn Outlook

-GMC Acadia

-Buick Enclave

Now, Saturn's gone, so that leaves the other 3, BUT, it's rumored that Cadillac is getting a Lambda within the next few years, bringing the total back to 4 Lambdas.

I like the Challenger, even if it is a bit plain. Only the higher-end models look good, though. The base V6s don't look very good, IMO. They look cheap, which may be a result of the plain design.

The lowest level Challenger SE looks exactly like the top end one. That was one of the biggest complaints from SRT8 buyers.

Plain Jane SE

SE%20Challenger%20silver.jpg

SRT8

Stripe and wheels is the only difference (and a very small rear spoiler)

pic-7863.jpeg

The lowest level Challenger SE looks exactly like the top end one. That was one of the biggest complaints from SRT8 buyers.

Really? I thought that hood was only on the R/T and SRT8. That's disappointing, to say the least. I'd complain too. One of the features I'm most fond of on my Cobra is the unique hood.

Plain Jane SE

SE%20Challenger%20silver.jpg

SRT8

Stripe and wheels is the only difference (and a very small rear spoiler)

pic-7863.jpeg

I don't know if you've seen both in person/on the road. The wheels and hood stripe do WONDERS to make that car look better. To me, the base versions look blah, but the SRT8 looks great.

I just don't understand GM. We are not talking about a pony car with the Camaro. Its a big car...and its not like its the first time they tried this either.

- Northstar in the Bonneville (I know it was FWD)

- GTO

- G8

- Camaro

How many different iterations of V8s in heavy sedans are they going to try before they get the hint? We are talking about 4 different large v8 vehicles that were introduced in 2004 that have a lot of similarities between them. This is stupidity. The formula keeps failing despite the new packaging. Not to mention the v8 Impala...

And that's why Ford is resisting putting the Falcon and Mustang on the one platform just yet, weight and suspension.

There's a lot the two can share but even true derivatives share less than 40% of parts, most of them are hidden.