A Look Back at the Way Forward Plan

+1

At least in Iraq you have the nuclear option...

$40 billion or $50 billion is a huge amount of capitol to pull out of a company.

I can't see the sanitizing of GM, floating a new company and selling down that stock

inside two years as being anywhere realistic for the US government.

Edited by jpd80

Beside, they can't loose ! The next gen Focus is being designed by Ford of Europe. :rolleyes:

I thought '10 Focus was being engineered in Dearborn?

And well, if it is being designed in Europe, that's just fine by me. I much prefer the Euro-designed C170's to the one Dearborn mucked up for us that we have now.

I thought '10 Focus was being engineered in Dearborn?

And well, if it is being designed in Europe, that's just fine by me. I much prefer the Euro-designed C170's to the one Dearborn mucked up for us that we have now.

All the divisions gathered in Dearborn and had input on the C2 Focus,

it will be the second global collaboration (Fiesta being the first)

Well, I would say the first really. Ford USA didn't really get involved in Fiesta until it was basically in stone.

Every division was involved.

USA had a big say in getting her even more economical, it just didn't hit the press - they didn't know.

There is a "home room " designing and developing but all divisions get their say in what they need.

That's the big difference between now and Ford 2000 CDW 27 Mondeo/Contour.

Edited by jpd80

Every division was involved.

USA had a big say in getting her even more economical, it just didn't hit the press - they didn't know.

If USA had that big of a say, Ford NA probably would have planned better for its production to begin here on time. Now it's going to be introduced dang near when the one out now is ready for a refresh. Did they have some input? Probably. Anywhere near as much as they are on the Focus? No way.

If USA had that big of a say, Ford NA probably would have planned better for its production to begin here on time. Now it's going to be introduced dang near when the one out now is ready for a refresh. Did they have some input? Probably. Anywhere near as much as they are on the Focus? No way.

Timing, Mulally and One Ford began 2006 and Fiesta was underway but the plan was to include

North America - if they needed it, it would certainly be in South America and Mexico.

Lots of changes, fall back of F Truck to USA opened up production opportunity in Mexico.

A lot of pieces fell in place late for them but still the same, a remarkable transformation

in the past three years...some mistakes/missteps due to other products having priority

but still far, far better than competitors elsewhere.....

A lot of pieces fell in place late for them but still the same, a remarkable transformation

in the past three years...some mistakes/missteps due to other products having priority

but still far, far better than competitors elsewhere.....

Can't disagree there. It's almost night and day comparing the company of today to what it was just a few years ago.

Can't disagree there. It's almost night and day comparing the company of today to what it was just a few years ago.

It's a shame it took a near disaster to right the ship.

GM watched Ford make changes and did nothing,

I mean WTF were they thinking, were they invincible?

Ford 2000 CDW 27 Mondeo/Contour.

Speaking of the Contour, I saw a SVT Contour on the road Saturday (and a 1996-1998 Taurus SHO on the same road with in 5 minutes of one another!) and I was shocked at small it looked...it only looked slightly larger then the current Focus and down right tiny vs the Fusion.

Speaking of the Contour, I saw a SVT Contour on the road Saturday (and a 1996-1998 Taurus SHO on the same road with in 5 minutes of one another!) and I was shocked at small it looked...it only looked slightly larger then the current Focus and down right tiny vs the Fusion.

I believe the Focus actually has more cubic feet of interior space than the Contour. :lol: