2010 Taurus Build & Price

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a stripper model with no options?

I guess 5K off for A plan is good and would put me under 40K since I'm not getting totally loaded 402A :P

I'll price one out....hopefully before the yo yo coming in that thinks HIS TAX AND LICENCE IS PAID FOR TOO!!!!! Dammit, AAA, and websites can make our lives damn miserable....

What about a stripper model with no options?

I guess 5K off for A plan is good and would put me under 40K since I'm not getting totally loaded 402A :P

retail WITH performance package on 400A, $38990, A plan $34953...I question the performance package though...there WILL be bleating about premature tire replacement....

Edited by Deanh

I can think of worse problems to have. :shades:

question...how many really NEED the slightly extra G's....Porsche has had BIG time complaints about soft tire degradation....and lets not forget...its a four door sedan ( hesitated putting the word "family" in there...LOL! )

I can think of worse problems to have. :shades:

Well that is until your eating through expensive tires at the rate of every 15K.

I dunno how well Eagle F1 summers wear, but if they are anything like RE050As I wouldn't want them on my car. The G35 has a staggered wheel setup and we thought oh well it can't be that bad we will replace em when they need it. Too bad @ 24K we were already though two sets of tires. Finally I just said the hell with it and went with an All Season F1, and granted they are a bit louder they have worn a lot better.

On the flip side of that at least the Performance Package tires aren't all that expensive.

Well that is until your eating through expensive tires at the rate of every 15K.

I dunno how well Eagle F1 summers wear, but if they are anything like RE050As I wouldn't want them on my car. The G35 has a staggered wheel setup and we thought oh well it can't be that bad we will replace em when they need it. Too bad @ 24K we were already though two sets of tires. Finally I just said the hell with it and went with an All Season F1, and granted they are a bit louder they have worn a lot better.

On the flip side of that at least the Performance Package tires aren't all that expensive.

LOL!! I wish I could get the tires on my Mustang to last 15,000 miles!!!

The back ones keep getting low quicker. Hmmmmm....

I'll price one out....hopefully before the yo yo coming in that thinks HIS TAX AND LICENCE IS PAID FOR TOO!!!!! Dammit, AAA, and websites can make our lives damn miserable....

Ha was that pointed at me?

Anyways, isn't sales tax affected by trade ins also? :P :lol:

Oh thats pretty damn good deal for the stripper model A Plan!

Thanks for looking....your the best...but I gotta fuck with you

I dunno how well Eagle F1 summers wear, but if they are anything like RE050As I wouldn't want them on my car.

According to TireRack, the 20 inch fit for the SHO are Eagle F1 that have a really shitty tirewear rating of 220!

The optional 20 inch tires (20in Wheel package I guess for the non performance package) are Michelin Primacy MXV4 that have a tirewear rating of nearly triple of the Eagle F1s, with a 620 rating!

The 19 inch OEM tires are pretty crappy also

Personally I'll go for the All Season 20 inchers...they are same price as the 19in Tires, but the rims look much better IMO

According to TireRack, the 20 inch fit for the SHO are Eagle F1 that have a really shitty tirewear rating of 220!

The optional 20 inch tires (20in Wheel package I guess for the non performance package) are Michelin Primacy MXV4 that have a tirewear rating of nearly triple of the Eagle F1s, with a 620 rating!

The 19 inch OEM tires are pretty crappy also

Personally I'll go for the All Season 20 inchers...they are same price as the 19in Tires, but the rims look much better IMO

The All Season F1s wear fairly well, at least from what I've observed on our G.

I don't think that Ford is overpricing the Taurus -- although the market will decide that.

That having been said, I am surprised that a Taurus SEL without moonroof and without adaptive cruising or navigation or the massaging seat (basically, I was trying to price a Taurus to potentially replace my mother's 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis -- so I did want BLIS and backup camera, but not any other electronic items that she will in all likelihood not only never use but be completely confused by) albeit with heated/cooled seats (which she would use) turned out to be slightly more expensive than a fully-loaded Fusion Hybrid (which I drive and love), and certainly it'd be significantly more expensive than a not-fully-loaded Fusion Hybrid.

In light of this situation, if/when my mother does decide to replace her car, I am probably going to recommend a Fusion Hybrid rather than a Taurus. Of course, this grandmother could always decide that she actually wants a SHO. ;)

I don't think that Ford is overpricing the Taurus -- although the market will decide that.

That having been said, I am surprised that a Taurus SEL without moonroof and without adaptive cruising or navigation or the massaging seat (basically, I was trying to price a Taurus to potentially replace my mother's 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis -- so I did want BLIS and backup camera, but not any other electronic items that she will in all likelihood not only never use but be completely confused by) albeit with heated/cooled seats (which she would use) turned out to be slightly more expensive than a fully-loaded Fusion Hybrid (which I drive and love), and certainly it'd be significantly more expensive than a not-fully-loaded Fusion Hybrid.

Well it is a flagship car and if its too much money, well thats what the Fusion is there for! :)

These prices should make it pretty darn obvious why there isn't a Mercury version of this car sitting in a showroom next to Lincolns....

I am a bit worried about the price---not in a 'cars is way too expensive these days, dagnabbit' sense, but in a "Will people pay over $40k for a Ford -sedan-, once the novelty wears off?" sense.

Chrysler made hay with the 300C---for a couple years---but there wasn't enough sustained demand for a $38k+ Chrysler......

I am a bit worried about the price---not in a 'cars is way too expensive these days, dagnabbit' sense, but in a "Will people pay over $40k for a Ford -sedan-, once the novelty wears off?" sense.

Will novelty wear off the SHO though? I mean that's the only model that eclipses the $40K mark in any configuration. Even a loaded Limited comes in far below $40K -- those cheaper models are going to account for the bulk of sales.

you may in fact be correct...genius's at work AGAIN!....probably the same people that thought the Ranger would do better with just a gas guzzling 4.0 and 4 cyl...get rid of the more popular 3.0..........

It's about time they took the Vulcan out behind the barn and put a bullet in it (It was a tough engine, so it took a couple shots). It was only making about 5 more horsepower than the 2.3 and the MPG was closer to the 4.0. The power of the 2.3 and the fuel economy of the 4.0, where do I sign up?

Will novelty wear off the SHO though? I mean that's the only model that eclipses the $40K mark in any configuration. Even a loaded Limited comes in far below $40K -- those cheaper models are going to account for the bulk of sales.

If it's anything like the first and second gen SHOs, it'll have a dedicated following. There is still a very active community of SHO owners.

I have to totally agree with that and the SHO is most likely going to be limited to 5-10K sales a year...

I still see a ton more Chrysler 300 V6's and Chargers then I do see V8 models.

I didn't see another topic for this, but mosey on over to

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/taurus/

...and have fun building (and, of course, pricing) your new '10 Taurus.

I sure did :-)

It's not working. I tried to build a FWD LTD with 300A and when you go to "make it yours" not all the options listed in 300A are shown as being included, such as heated/cooled seats.

Also, "Selection 4" is not visible.

Maybe it is not finished.

It's not working. I tried to build a FWD LTD with 300A and when you go to "make it yours" not all the options listed in 300A are shown as being included, such as heated/cooled seats.

Also, "Selection 4" is not visible.

Maybe it is not finished.

heated cooled seats N/A on 300a and 302a, std on 301a and 303a.....and what is selection 4?

heated cooled seats N/A on 300a and 302a, std on 301a and 303a.....and what is selection 4?

Unerneath code 300A you will see "SELECTION 4" which I believe is another pacakge, but you can only see the very top.

Maybe we are looking at different things, but heated/cooled is clearly listed on 300A as included.

These prices should make it pretty darn obvious why there isn't a Mercury version of this car sitting in a showroom next to Lincolns....

Chrysler made hay with the 300C---for a couple years---but there wasn't enough sustained demand for a $38k+ Chrysler......

I truly think that's up to Ford. So long as production is capped at a reasonable number, I see no problem here. I'd also like to point out that the 300C was virtually a newcomer to the marketplace, and I believe accounted for 50% of 300 sales. Then you have the fact that the SHO has a cult like following.

Unerneath code 300A you will see "SELECTION 4" which I believe is another pacakge, but you can only see the very top.

Maybe we are looking at different things, but heated/cooled is clearly listed on 300A as included.

you yo yos...you must relaize now that WEBSITES are only as accurate as the person that inputs the info....fo 6 months I fought a guy that wanted an 8 ft bed on his F-150 Supercrew ( true story ) due to INACCURATE info being posted....I'm going DIRECTLY off the factory ordering guide...heres anothe GENIUS move....the two models avail with option 58n ( Nav...which would make one think LOADED ) are the 302a, and 303a packages....well guess what, neither the heated and cooled seats, rear window shade or 2nd row heated seats are avail on the 302a...HOWEVER those options ARE INCLUDED on the lower line 301a package but NAV IS NOT!!!!!!!!!! My issue is we are supposed to know this off the top of our heads...sorry...no way Jose!

you yo yos...you must relaize now that WEBSITES are only as accurate as the person that inputs the info....fo 6 months I fought a guy that wanted an 8 ft bed on his F-150 Supercrew ( true story ) due to INACCURATE info being posted....I'm going DIRECTLY off the factory ordering guide...heres anothe GENIUS move....the two models avail with option 58n ( Nav...which would make one think LOADED ) are the 302a, and 303a packages....well guess what, neither the heated and cooled seats, rear window shade or 2nd row heated seats are avail on the 302a...HOWEVER those options ARE INCLUDED on the lower line 301a package but NAV IS NOT!!!!!!!!!! My issue is we are supposed to know this off the top of our heads...sorry...no way Jose!

Are you mad at me or Ford?

Are you mad at me or Ford?

not you mate, how could I, you ride Italian! BELLISIMO!....I just have to explain this AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!! and customers will ARGUE until blue in the face...because whats on a computer is gospel no????? ARGGGGG! is all I can say....

Edited by Deanh