Aston Martin to Sell Rebadged Toyota IQ

Man....am I ever glad Ford dumped them....

but thankfully, they did. AM can go to hell with JLR.

Um... Wow? Except for the Toyaturd, what exactly has Aston Martin done wrong? Weren't they profitable both before and during the time Ford sold them, probably still so?

The ONLY reason Ford got rid of AM was because Ford needed quick cash. Plus Ford still owns a minority stake.

Um... Wow? Except for the Toyaturd, what exactly has Aston Martin done wrong? Weren't they profitable both before and during the time Ford sold them, probably still so?

The ONLY reason Ford got rid of AM was because Ford needed quick cash. Plus Ford still owns a minority stake.

I was referring to Jaguar and Land Rover, but it was wise of Ford to dump Aston Martin as well....despite what Jack nASSer would have anyone believe, owning these "boutique brands" did nothing for the Ford marquee. The money spent buying Aston Martin would have been better spent updating Taurus in a timely manner instead of allowing it to sit in rental fleet land.

Well, the cash wasn't the ONLY reason. Mulally wanted Ford to return to its core businesses, and well, Aston Martin was just a distraction, even if it was profitable.

I was referring to Jaguar and Land Rover, but it was wise of Ford to dump Aston Martin as well....despite what Jack nASSer would have anyone believe, owning these "boutique brands" did nothing for the Ford marquee. The money spent buying Aston Martin would have been better spent updating Taurus in a timely manner instead of allowing it to sit in rental fleet land.

Didn't Ford buy Aston Martin WAAAAYYYY back in late 80's, along with Jaguar? I may be wrong, but wasn't that before Nasser's tenure?

I'm certain Volvo and LR were Nasser, though.

Edited by zipnzap

Didn't Ford buy Aston Martin WAAAAYYYY back in late 80's, along with Jaguar? I may be wrong, but wasn't that before Nasser's tenure?

I'm certain Volvo and LR were Nasser, though.

'94 was when Ford bought Aston. Not sure when they bought Jag.

nASSers' claim to fame with Aston Martin was creating the much maligned Premier Automotive Group (PAG) with Aston Martin as it's crowning jewel....Aston Martin was bought while Alex Trotman was CEO....but nASSer was part of his inner sanctum and followed him as CEO upon Trotmans' retirement.