Ford to ramp up production

MTPwife

Increasing production doesn't mean all of these extra vehicles are automatically sold. It could just mean more layoff time in the 4th quarter if sales don't go the way they hope. Hopefully Ford has learned from past mistakes of overbuilding beyond demand.

ford going to be #1 in US sales this year and we need to keep it.

Woo hoo! They are ramping up more Fusion production! :party2:

/sarcasm

Well........does the V6 Fusion have a Cleveland engine and a Van Dyke tranny? (I've heard the Fusion has a Mexican-made Hitachi steering gear. Seriously.)

I talked w/ the sales manager of a local Ford dealer yesterday. He said Focus, Escape, and Fusion are selling well now---esp. Escapes.

Maybe----just maybe---there's hope.

Go Tigers!

Well........does the V6 Fusion have a Cleveland engine and a Van Dyke tranny? (I've heard the Fusion has a Mexican-made Hitachi steering gear. Seriously.)

I talked w/ the sales manager of a local Ford dealer yesterday. He said Focus, Escape, and Fusion are selling well now---esp. Escapes.

Go Tigers!

Check out pick up trucks.com toyo camry has a higher percentage of american made parts than the f-150 that is plain wrong, I can see why u auto workers are so mad!!!!

Did anyone happen to read the comments from people at the end of the article? I read like four pages of them and most of them were all positive and encouraging. I'm sure a lot of them were from Ford/Detroit people but I think it's a good sign that the public's trust is improving.

Did anyone happen to read the comments from people at the end of the article? I read like four pages of them and most of them were all positive and encouraging. I'm sure a lot of them were from Ford/Detroit people but I think it's a good sign that the public's trust is improving.

Which is very unusual. Usually when Ford/GM/Chrysler has a article written about them, it usually has pages upon pages of anti-American and anti-Union trolling. I think people are respecting Ford for not taking government money.

I stopped and looked at the Ford dealer yesterday and couldnt help but notice the Fusion has 25% american part content!WTF!!! I knew it was low but 25% WTF!!! 2 different models with V6 one (2010) has a japanese trans select shift 6 speed and the other V6 (2010) had the van dyke 6 speed! kinda confusing but I will look into it further! Not much buying American with the Fusion! also looked at a mustang GT with an automatic and it had a trans made in FRANCE?????? France???? Bring on the new Taurus!!!! I cant wait to see the window sticker and part content on it! Its gonna be funny to see if the management can handle more production! They are already running around like chickens with their heads cut off and the lack of maint. on anything is showing , the machines are blowin up left and right! I guess it will be up to all of us hourly to keep things running smoothly as usual!stirpot: I got no problem earning my money! I'll do my best how bout u guys? :

Go Tigers!

go tigers?? c'mon pump, how can a reds/cubs fan cheer for the tigers?? LOL. on a serious note, i hope ford kicks ass and the people still with us help them do it and put out good quality cars and trucks. remember, Q1 isn't just for today, it's for our future too.

I stopped and looked at the Ford dealer yesterday and couldnt help but notice the Fusion has 25% american part content!WTF!!! I knew it was low but 25% WTF!!! 2 different models with V6 one (2010) has a japanese trans select shift 6 speed and the other V6 (2010) had the van dyke 6 speed! kinda confusing but I will look into it further! Not much buying American with the Fusion! also looked at a mustang GT with an automatic and it had a trans made in FRANCE?????? France???? Bring on the new Taurus!!!! I cant wait to see the window sticker and part content on it! Its gonna be funny to see if the management can handle more production! They are already running around like chickens with their heads cut off and the lack of maint. on anything is showing , the machines are blowin up left and right! I guess it will be up to all of us hourly to keep things running smoothly as usual!stirpot: I got no problem earning my money! I'll do my best how bout u guys? :

that is why i would rather buy an american built and made toyota

go tigers?? c'mon pump, how can a reds/cubs fan cheer for the tigers?? LOL. on a serious note, i hope ford kicks ass and the people still with us help them do it and put out good quality cars and trucks. remember, Q1 isn't just for today, it's for our future too.

I was jus' pokin' Pioneer; don't know if he's actually a Tigers fan. At least they win consistently, just like the Reds---not!!

Go Taurus!

What would you have me do ? buy a mexican built ford(with less then 30% American content!)?

No thanks!

I want to buy American made.

Yes, the Mexican fusion profits go to Ford, an American owned company. You can take your jap shit and shove were the sun don't shine. Get out of the employee forum your not a Ford employee and if you are, you don't deserve to work at Ford. :rant:

Yes, the Mexican fusion profits go to Ford, an American owned company. You can take your jap shit and shove were the sun don't shine. Get out of the employee forum your not a Ford employee and if you are, you don't deserve to work at Ford. :rant:

Please explain to me how a mexican car will save OUR jobs ?

think Ford will share the profit with all the employee who are ILO'd ?

HA, too funny...

Maybe honda is even better, it's made in OHIO, that's going to be great for the economy.

So if we are ramping up production...How come we are slowing the lines from 76 jph to 68 jph next week here at KTP?? Down from 84 jph two months ago...And our order bank is in the crapper. We are a "looonng" way from being on the verge of a turn around.

Please explain to me how a mexican car will save OUR jobs ?

think Ford will share the profit with all the employee who are ILO'd ?

HA, too funny...

Maybe honda is even better, it's made in OHIO, that's going to be great for the economy.

toyota more american then ford

link