6.7 litre CUMMINS!!! the diesel wars thicken

jsnsan

Well to all who care, the :censored: has hit the fan :fan:. The old boys at the competition got smart and put a bigger Cummins in the 2007 Ram :bowdown: . I've always loved ford and what they do but with the recent crap that was put in the Superdutys (6.0), unless they beef that 6.4 up, this might be my next truck :( . I love ford, and all the new cars i've owned have been fords, I even own a new F150 nowand LOVE IT!!! but....... it might be time to move on. lets face it the powerstroke ( if you read about it enuff) has lost its reputation on being a reliable engine. don't get me wrong I wont be hasty on the decision with the new 6.4 powerstroke comeing out, but it will have to be a very impressive engine. :speedie:

Oh I think the new 6.4L PowerStroke Twin Turbo will do just fine competing against this engine. Ford probably should have bored it out even more and created a monster beyond belief. For some the new 6.4L Twin Turbo still might not have enough power, but I bet it will compete just fine with the Dodge.

You make it sound like they came up with one to hold the 5.9 they have now....

Not only has the 48RE held up just fine, but the 6.7 is getting an Asian 6 Speed. While the problems with the 6.0 are well documented, some of the early TorqShift's had issues as well.

When it comes to manuals (which still account for a fairly large number of truck in this size) the New Venture NV 5600 and the G56 used by DCX have the ZF that Ford buy beat hands down.

Bitching about Chryslers transmissions is an obsolete argument. We have several 48RE's coming up on 90,000 miles and not one failure yet.

I wish the 6.4 well. However, the twin turbo’s and new emissions equipment is adding complexity to an already complex engine. Twin’s will only replicate what Cummins will accomplish by using the sliding ring in their VGT type turbo. This design has worked well on ISB’s sold in other applications as well as on the Cummins class 8 truck engines.

Ford should bore the engine out more? The engine is built by International. However, the version of this engine that is marketed by IH (the VT365) has proven to be fairly reliable while the PSD has not. I will added that the twelve 6.0 PSD’s that we added to the fleet a little more than a year ago have proven to be fairly reliable. The only large issues have seemed to be with the turbos.

If it is built by international I will take the cummins every time, also I have read from the diesel gurus that a twin turbo set up is the hardest to keep running correctly and they think ford is screwing up once again!! :finger:

If it is built by international I will take the cummins every time, also I have read from the diesel gurus that a twin turbo set up is the hardest to keep running correctly and they think ford is screwing up once again!! :finger:

Add to this that when one turbo goes, it generally spits it's parts into the other and then you get to buy TWO replacement turbo's. As if a turbo failure wasn't bad enough...

The Aisin that will be used is already in some mediums. I have no direct experience but it sounds like it is a proven componet.