Harsh Fusion Article

8A4RE

A lot of criticism on the assembly. I guess Mexico wasn't such a great place to build it. Way to go, Ford.

And yet, their criticism is tempered by acknowledging tacitly that it's better built than the All-American Taurus, and implicitly that it's better than the even more American Explorer.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

And yet, their criticism is tempered by acknowledging tacitly that it's better built than the All-American Taurus, and implicitly that it's better than the even more American Explorer.

Assembly technique can be fixed (although the way Ford's been going it probably won't be), I'm more concerned about all of their complaints about materials quality. We were all told three or four years ago that the Fusion and its siblings were going to be the first vehicles that had been the beneficiaries of the tripled interior budget. Seems to me that sort of money should have led to first-class materials and quality in the interior. I guess when you triple zero you still get zero.

• 2 weeks later...
Assembly technique can be fixed (although the way Ford's been going it probably won't be), I'm more concerned about all of their complaints about materials quality. We were all told three or four years ago that the Fusion and its siblings were going to be the first vehicles that had been the beneficiaries of the tripled interior budget. Seems to me that sort of money should have led to first-class materials and quality in the interior. I guess when you triple zero you still get zero.

and they do benefit.. some magazines just like to complain..

go sit in a Fusion.. soft touch plastics all around.. yeah it has no real wood or aluminium.. but the piano black is a great looking trim.. The interior materials are good. .the design might not be, but there is no shortage of good materials..

Some people are just biased, and people here saying "I guess they must be right" on somethign as simple to check as materials, just show how much we are brainwashed to believe whatever we read in a magazine..

Go and see for yourself.. go and drive one and create your own opinion...

Igor

I'm amazed at how different each review can be on a car...The Leihearts are netoriously anit-detroit, yet they found the Fusions interior to be better then what was offered on the new 07 Camry, yet this review totally tears it apart.

A friend of mine has a fusion with the sand color interior and they only thing that I didnt like on it was the door panels looked "cheap" or just blah looking. I dont know if it was the color or what, but thats my only complaint about the car.

Have any of you been down to the Ford plants in Mexico to actually see where our FINE american cars are being made? I was in the 3-door focus plant and it was a very nice place-absoultly beautiful-all brand new squeeky clean floors, nice clean assembly line, and approx or more ~1,000 mexicans working at the plant with a bunch of american engineers walking around.(i have pictures to prove i was there)

BUT if you dare to go 5 miles from that assembly plant you had better watch out or start packin some heat if you are american. That city is so stinkin poor it made me sick to think these people got our jobs over americans trying to support their families. there's barely any water, there is no EPA for health standards, it's a joke. Hey i guess if yea want to turn a profit you have to build where it is the cheapest right? here's a question though....who's going to buy your car/product if everyone is out of a job, cause you laid all of them off? =Unions and Ford need to come up with a better plan to keep jobs here.

Just a thought, thanks for listening

• 2 weeks later...
Have any of you been down to the Ford plants in Mexico to actually see where our FINE american cars are being made? I was in the 3-door focus plant and it was a very nice place-absoultly beautiful-all brand new squeeky clean floors, nice clean assembly line, and approx or more ~1,000 mexicans working at the plant with a bunch of american engineers walking around.(i have pictures to prove i was there)

BUT if you dare to go 5 miles from that assembly plant you had better watch out or start packin some heat if you are american. That city is so stinkin poor it made me sick to think these people got our jobs over americans trying to support their families. there's barely any water, there is no EPA for health standards, it's a joke. Hey i guess if yea want to turn a profit you have to build where it is the cheapest right? here's a question though....who's going to buy your car/product if everyone is out of a job, cause you laid all of them off? =Unions and Ford need to come up with a better plan to keep jobs here.

Just a thought, thanks for listening

And look at the money you save in not having to build a large parking lot since the workers can't afford

a car.

And look at the money you save in not having to build a large parking lot since the workers can't afford

a car.

There are pently of other jobs out there that don't require you to slave away at an assembly plant to afford a car :rolleyes:

Its called change or die, and it looks like alot of these autoworkers will die because they never put any thought into improving their job skills since they thought they could mooch off Ford for 30+ years with just a HS education.