Chicago Plant Pictures

Thanks!!!! That reminds me when I toured the Atlanta Taurus Sable plant in 1999. I went with my class when I was in Ford Asset. Man it was so cool to see. At that time they had a few production runs of the 2000 Taurus sitting there. They were still building the 99 model. That was a old plant, so I can imagine how cool the newer plants are. The part that fascinated me the most was the way the doors were taken off to get the guts put in them and ended up back on the exact same car at the right time. I need to plan a trip to MI.

Thanks for posting those. I never realized how detailed the gauge needles on the Taurus are.

I think they did a good job differentiating the Taurus and MKS from each other.....you can tell the differences much more easily when they're next to each other like that (in the last picture).

I've been on the Rouge Plant tour and a tour of GM's Bowling Green, KY (Corvette and XLR) assembly plan.....it was amazing to see all the processes that go into putting the cars together, and how everything comes together at precisely the right time, as fordtech1 said.

Thanks for posting those. I never realized how detailed the gauge needles on the Taurus are.

I think they did a good job differentiating the Taurus and MKS from each other.....you can tell the differences much more easily when they're next to each other like that (in the last picture).

I've been on the Rouge Plant tour and a tour of GM's Bowling Green, KY (Corvette and XLR) assembly plan.....it was amazing to see all the processes that go into putting the cars together, and how everything comes together at precisely the right time, as fordtech1 said.

The more I see it, the more and more I fall in love with the SHO. Save, save, save! I can do it! :drool:

I agree. I didn't get to spend alot of time in the new Taurus when it was at work, but to me its nicer than I thought. Has a luxury car interior.

I enjoyed the pictures a lot....it reminded me of a recent conversation I had when I was talking to a friend about the new Taurus and the equally new MKS...the old sage of "Well....the Lincoln is only a tarted up Ford." was foisted yet again....my reply was simple...."No...the Ford is a less expensive Lincoln."

I guess it is all in how you look at it....

Man that is a gorgeous Mustang in your sig :)

The more I see it, the more and more I fall in love with the SHO. Save, save, save! I can do it! :drool:

I do too!

I agree. I didn't get to spend alot of time in the new Taurus when it was at work, but to me its nicer than I thought. Has a luxury car interior.

I was able to look at an SEL's interior through the window about a month or so ago, and I was impressed.

Man that is a gorgeous Mustang in your sig :)

You confused me for a second, then I realized that it was my "car of the day" (which I should really name "car of the period of time that I decide")

My local dealer had one just like that, but the opposite colors:

10gt5002.jpg

10gt500.jpg

Edited by rmc523