Who says the SUv is dead? Land Rover sales fightback

TStag

Range Rover sales up by a whopping 50% Mtd

Land Rover back to 5 day week

Jaguar sales down but only really because XJ went out of production

http://www.birminghampost.net/birmingham-b...65233-24341256/

Back to bumper profits soon then! How's Volvo fairing?

Land Rover, whose Lode Lane factory reopens on Monday after a two-week summer shutdown, said that sales of the new version of its flagship Range Rover model rose by 50 per cent in July.

Its sales overall fell by ten per cent to 1,582 units in July, one of the lowest year-on-year declines for a year.

Yeah...thats really laying a "smack-down" on the ole sales charts..... :hysterical:

And since you asked...Volvo sales are up 25.7%, thank you very much....hopefully, that will sweeten the pot as Ford off loads yet another brand it shouldn't have bought in the first place.

Yeah...thats really laying a "smack-down" on the ole sales charts..... :hysterical:

And since you asked...Volvo sales are up 25.7%, thank you very much....hopefully, that will sweeten the pot as Ford off loads yet another brand it shouldn't have bought in the first place.

As Ford exec's might say. It's the value of the sales not how many you sell. A 50% uplift in Range Rover represents a massive uplift in revenue.

25% for Volvo is poor as they make much cheaper cars on the whole. Next month we get the figures for all the revised Land Rover's then it will be exciting to compare the Premium car maker (Land Rover) to the sub premium car maker (Volvo).

Also be interesting to see how quick JLR get's back to bumper profits now that the recovery is under way. Let's see how much they are making in a few years. Ford's decision to sell then may look like the actions of the desperate, rather than a masterstroke as the look now. Bit like when GM paid Fiat 2 billion to go away...

As Ford exec's might say. It's the value of the sales not how many you sell. A 50% uplift in Range Rover represents a massive uplift in revenue.

25% for Volvo is poor as they make much cheaper cars on the whole. Next month we get the figures for all the revised Land Rover's then it will be exciting to compare the Premium car maker (Land Rover) to the sub premium car maker (Volvo).

Also be interesting to see how quick JLR get's back to bumper profits now that the recovery is under way. Let's see how much they are making in a few years. Ford's decision to sell then may look like the actions of the desperate, rather than a masterstroke as the look now. Bit like when GM paid Fiat 2 billion to go away...

makes sense, Tata must be rubbing their hands together...oh wait....Jaguar, Land Rover Weigh Down Tata Motors

By Erika Kinetz, AP Business Writer

Manufacturing.Net - August 04, 2009

MUMBAI, India (AP) -- Ratings agency Standard & Poor's downgraded its ratings of Tata Motors on Tuesday because of high debt and the poor performance of Jaguar and Land Rover, two brands the Indian auto giant acquired from Ford Motor Co. last year.

Almost sold too.....

I truley hope ford retains shares at least...for Ford and Volvo to COMPLETELY break relations IMO would hurt both manufacturers....( I still wish they had retained a small % of Jag and Aston....such a romantic )

I truley hope ford retains shares at least...for Ford and Volvo to COMPLETELY break relations IMO would hurt both manufacturers....( I still wish they had retained a small % of Jag and Aston....such a romantic )

Ford has completely sold J/LR yet has kept supply contracts and engineering relationships going,

I'm sure Ford will do a similar deal when Volvo is sold.

I was referring to TStag....you and I posted at almost the same time but you beat me to the board.....TStag believes that JLR will be number one in the world when they actually smell more like #2..... :hysterical:

No he believes in the myth that Discovery 3 and 4 bringing "bumper" profits can rescue the whole of J/LR.

Tata know the awful truth, even with loading the cars with Indian parts they still can't make ends meet....

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=ag_pJ.iH.W30

Chinese carmaker Geely Automotive Holdings Ltd. wants to buy a majority of Volvo with an unidentified Swedish investor, possibly including state pension funds, and let Ford keep a stake, Dagens Industri newspaper reported yesterday, without saying where it got the information.

No he believes in the myth that Discovery 3 and 4 bringing "bumper" profits can rescue the whole of J/LR.

Tata know the awful truth, even with loading the cars with Indian parts they still can't make ends meet....

Yeah it's stupid to think that a car like the Range Rover could make a lot of money even if cars like the Mercedes S Class generate 20% of Daimler's profits. Yeah that's why former CEO Jacques Nasser didn't really build PAG in the first place... :finger:

And your source is is?

Our boy reads and believes hearsay nonsense on emgcartech articles:

link

......The S-Class is said to be Daimler’s most profitable model,

accounts for 20 percent to 25 percent of the groups pretax profits.

Apart from a direct statement from Mercedes, there is no way to prove that statement.

Edited by jpd80

Yeah it's stupid to think that a car like the Range Rover could make a lot of money even if cars like the Mercedes S Class generate 20% of Daimler's profits. Yeah that's why former CEO Jacques Nasser didn't really build PAG in the first place... :finger:

:hysterical:

Two things,

1) Don't ever use Jac Nasser as a valid reason for doing something

2) PAG F-A-I-L-E-D

Finally, I'm glad that Disco 3 is having an upswing but would you

please, please stop referring to 1500 sales/month as bumper profits.

It is totally unfair to saddle the hopes of the company on one vehicle.