United States Sells Out Israel

Versa-Tech

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First, lets not fool ourselves. We are no smarter then the people of any age before us. We are simply building upon what they gave us and much we have had to spend significant amounts of time with computers, etc. to figure out how they did it. And often we still can not.

We're far better at it than anyone (that we know of) ever has been though. we know a great deal more, even if we have a great deal more yet to learn.

Excellent analogy on the how and the why! However, science is not really about the "truth." It is about a reasonable degree of scientific certainity. Truth is absolute, more of an area for religion for a belief system. It is that ability to accept new knowledge, incorporate it, and redefine it, that is the difference between science and religion.

If religion had the goal of seeking the truth...then would it be able to accept its own falsifiablity and set standards for which it can be proven to be false? Being able to be proven wrong is the basis for all science.

I'll agree with you that science isn't about the whole truth, it's only one aspect. Truth (or, what is true) is made up of many things; "what", "when", "where", "how" and "why".

I would say that religion and science intersect at the what, when, and where. Science shouldn't attempt to answer the "why", because it is an ethereal concept not usually given to measurement, whereas religion (as far as I know) has never attempted to prove the "how" using empirical data.

I know of nothing in science that disproves religion, nor do I know of anything in religion that directly attempts to undermine science (religious people are another matter)

First, lets not fool ourselves. We are no smarter then the people of any age before us. We are simply building upon what they gave us and much we have had to spend significant amounts of time with computers, etc. to figure out how they did it. And often we still can not.
You just answered yourself for me. These people had nothing to build on. Of course we're no smarter, but at least we can count. They couldn't have counted the days anyway, because according to your book man didn't exist while it was happening. So by "the word of God", it has to be made up.

You just answered yourself for me. These people had nothing to build on. Of course we're no smarter, but at least we can count. They couldn't have counted the days anyway, because according to your book man didn't exist while it was happening. So by "the word of God", it has to be made up.

What amazes me is that if you follow the story of Genesis it actually follows the progression of Big Bang--formation of planets--evolution of life fairly accurately (Catalepsy: This would be the "what" and "where", only). Considering that concepts like Big Bang/planet formation/evolution are less than 200 years old, I'd say it's pretty insightful to just be made up by primitive people thousands of years ago. Either they were smarter than we give them credit for, or they had "inside information". :shades:

Sorry. I don't follow. Adam had everything that God gave him. That included intelligence. He did not put them out into the world with out the ability to think, count, etc. They had to provide for themselves. Pretty hard to do that if you can not count. How man seeds do I have, how many to plant in each hole in each row, how many rows, etc.

They had nothing to build on. But that did not mean that very early on they could not build and construct things.

Man did not exist. That does not preclude God from delivering the narrative later.

Which came first. Literally which? The chicken or the egg?

Peace and Blessings

Edited by macattak1

he fossilized partial skeleton of a female ground ape that lived 4.4 million years ago is the best view yet of the early evolution of human beings, researchers say.

The partial skeleton of Ardipithecus ramidus, nicknamed Ardi, as seen on the cover of this week's special issue of Science. (T. White/Science) Scientists in Washington, D.C., and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, have revealed the fossilized partial skeleton of Ardipithecus ramidus, nicknamed Ardi, as an early member of the human branch of the primate family tree.

The nearly intact skeleton is the result of 17 years of excavation and research on the fossilized remains, found in 1992 in the Afar region of Ethiopia.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009/10...ossil-ardi.html

Amazing the universe God created, isn't it?