AAI Needs All UAW Member Support

dividedwebeg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of members who do not understand divided-we-beg concept. A matter a fact, there are over 3/4 of this membership that have never been on a strike and don't know understand what a strike means....lets stand strong, lets stand together against our bargaining agent who doesn't understand the business. Brilliant. How fking smart is that. Company loves this shit! Do you realize what happens if Mazda decides to pull out of AAI? Your product can be put into another facility that is under utilized. I am sure Wayne assembly can run your shit tomorrow. I bet KCAP can run your shit tomorrow. We better wake the fk up people! Hope everyone who got their kids in Ford still have their old bedrooms, because they will need them pretty soon! You don't think so, just ask a GM or Chrysler worker. Asks some of those on the street right now eating up their TAP. Can you pay your wages on 50%. The UAW put together a business case to allow members to voluntarily go back to Saline/Sheldon Rd/Sandusky. They also have identified work for these facilities which may keep them at those facilities for awhile. Guess what happens if this thing tanks. No work for Sheldon/Sandusky/Milan/Saline/Romeo engine/Livonia/open opportunity for all to come to Louisville/OHAP is scheduled to get a vehicle that is currently projected to sell 50k units. Brilliant, where do you think all the extra people are going to go. Here comes the 80's all over again. For those that do not know, ask someone who went through it!

No new work in this agreement for Sandusky.

Still for sale or closure.

There are a lot of members who do not understand divided-we-beg concept. A matter a fact, there are over 3/4 of this membership that have never been on a strike and don't know understand what a strike means....lets stand strong, lets stand together against our bargaining agent who doesn't understand the business. Brilliant. How fking smart is that. Company loves this shit! Do you realize what happens if Mazda decides to pull out of AAI? Your product can be put into another facility that is under utilized. I am sure Wayne assembly can run your shit tomorrow. I bet KCAP can run your shit tomorrow. We better wake the fk up people! Hope everyone who got their kids in Ford still have their old bedrooms, because they will need them pretty soon! You don't think so, just ask a GM or Chrysler worker. Asks some of those on the street right now eating up their TAP. Can you pay your wages on 50%. The UAW put together a business case to allow members to voluntarily go back to Saline/Sheldon Rd/Sandusky. They also have identified work for these facilities which may keep them at those facilities for awhile. Guess what happens if this thing tanks. No work for Sheldon/Sandusky/Milan/Saline/Romeo engine/Livonia/open opportunity for all to come to Louisville/OHAP is scheduled to get a vehicle that is currently projected to sell 50k units. Brilliant, where do you think all the extra people are going to go. Here comes the 80's all over again. For those that do not know, ask someone who went through it!

Thanks Captain,

I do know the facts per Chuck Browning. We trust him, he has always been honest with us over the years. There is a real danger if this agreement goes down. OHAP, AAI and LAP are in trouble.

We get over 2 BILLION in investment in the UAW-Ford plants and my brothers and sisters are not supporting us. We are toast if this agreement goes down.

You will see this investment elsewhere, like Canada and Mexico.

The job you save may be your own.

We get over 2 BILLION in investment in the UAW-Ford plants and my brothers and sisters are not supporting us. We are toast if this agreement goes down.

I don't see 2 Billion in investmentin this agreement. I see the same promises that we got 2 years ago. Promises that haven't been kept.

Thanks Captain,

I do know the facts per Chuck Browning. We trust him, he has always been honest with us over the years. There is a real danger if this agreement goes down. OHAP, AAI and LAP are in trouble.

Vote yes and the future you destroy at a living wage may be your own.

I don't see 2 Billion in investmentin this agreement. I see the same promises that we got 2 years ago. Promises that haven't been kept.

I do believe Chuck when he tells us the information. If he says it 2 billion then its 2 billion. He also stated it 7,000 new jobs for our brothers and sisters on ILO or low seniority about to be laid off with the market in a steep decline after the cash for clunker party. We almost went to 1 shift in May and it may be a threat here soon.

I am from Local 3000. Many of us now at AAI are original Mazda and the rest from closed plants like STAP and Wixom. We have heard the horror stories of closed plants with divorces, broken families, home relocation etc.. We almost went to 1 shift in May and we dont need to lose any more of us. We need these investments in our plants for our security.

We are in trouble here. Ford no longer has controlling interest in Mazda. Mazdas direction is pulling the Mazda 6 out of AAI. We hardly run any now.We could lose the Mustang to any other facility. Back in 2004 we stole the Mustang from dearborn and it only took 4 months for the transition. Im sure they can do the same again. I beg my Brothers and Sisters to vote yes on this modification. We need solidarity to keep AAI open.

Chuck Browning who is now a International Rep from AAI has been in the plant talking with us. We are proud of Chuck and he has never let us down. When he tells us facts it is the truth.

We need your help, Vote yes.

To me, ford should not partner with no japanese company. to hell with the japanese.

why would they run that shit at KCAP? We are voting NO!

Thanks Captain,

Grow some balls jackass.. vote NO

There are a lot of members who do not understand divided-we-beg concept.

Then quit trying to divide the membership.

On BON it is overwhelmingly, "NO".

If you are worried about not presenting a united front, then stand by the brothers and sisters who, based on their best independent judgment and not just because they were TOLD how to vote by their "leadership", are voicing their opinion.

Your arguments in support of the modifications haven't changed many opinions stated here. Either your points are failing to convince them or they are more certain of the printed words of the language and their own experiences than they are of your opinions.

I say again, Ford came to us for relief. Why are we giving up ANY right to strike. ANY!!! If they wanted help, they should have waited to announce the Mexico engines and other foreign investments until after they spooked us into this modification.

I do believe Chuck when he tells us the information. If he says it 2 billion then its 2 billion. He also stated it 7,000 new jobs for our brothers and sisters on ILO or low seniority about to be laid off with the market in a steep decline after the cash for clunker party. We almost went to 1 shift in May and it may be a threat here soon.

2 Billion???? I thought they were so broke? :ohsnap:

Thanks Captain,

Browning say's he has property for sale on the moon, You gonna buy it?

what the company loves is lilly livered spineless people like you talking your shit..I have been on strike here many times at ford..I got news for you captain..the people I stood picket with would jackslap you into next week..vote NO

Are you fking 85? No they would assclown! Back then people knew how to manage there money. When was the last time you stood on a picket line. Tell the American Axle people that. That was real! They lost their homes, cars, family and livelyhood. Today people bought over priced homes, banks loaned them 125% of their over inflated highly priced homes and you think they would walk to the streets? WTFE! Under this agreement we still maintain the right to strike over all issues except wage and benefit increases. Do you realize we do not have the right to strike over retiree health care and pensions. Do you we have won increases in pensions in the past for our retirees. Why in the fk would the company do that if they know we can not strike them over that? Let me give you real info jackass.....the UAW has never struck over wages and benefits at GM/Chrysler/Ford! The last strike at Gm and Chrysler was because of the VEBA. Guess what that was retiree health care, which we do not have the right to strike over legally. They didn't strike over that directly, they struck over other issues, which indirectly took care of the VEBA! Seems you would be a little more educated than that, especially since you are 85 yrs old! :shades:

Are you fking 85? No they would assclown! Back then people knew how to manage there money. When was the last time you stood on a picket line. Tell the American Axle people that. That was real! They lost their homes, cars, family and livelyhood. Today people bought over priced homes, banks loaned them 125% of their over inflated highly priced homes and you think they would walk to the streets? WTFE! Under this agreement we still maintain the right to strike over all issues except wage and benefit increases. Do you realize we do not have the right to strike over retiree health care and pensions. Do you we have won increases in pensions in the past for our retirees. Why in the fk would the company do that if they know we can not strike them over that? Let me give you real info jackass.....the UAW has never struck over wages and benefits at GM/Chrysler/Ford! The last strike at Gm and Chrysler was because of the VEBA. Guess what that was retiree health care, which we do not have the right to strike over legally. They didn't strike over that directly, they struck over other issues, which indirectly took care of the VEBA! Seems you would be a little more educated than that, especially since you are 85 yrs old! :shades:

Ok you vote Yes I'll vote No.

Edited by skeptic

Gettlefinger, according to this artible, said that Auto Alliance was promised additional product:

"The Ford deal preserves at least 7,000 union jobs with commitments from Ford to build new vehicles at several factories, including those in Flat Rock, Mich.; Louisville, Ky.; and Wayne, Mich., Gettelfinger said. The Flat Rock plant, a joint venture with Mazda, had no product beyond the current life cycle of the Ford Mustang because Mazda's participation in the venture is in doubt, Gettelfinger said."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...yGbuoQD9BHQDS00

Gettlefinger, according to this artible, said that Auto Alliance was promised additional product:

"The Ford deal preserves at least 7,000 union jobs with commitments from Ford to build new vehicles at several factories, including those in Flat Rock, Mich.; Louisville, Ky.; and Wayne, Mich., Gettelfinger said. The Flat Rock plant, a joint venture with Mazda, had no product beyond the current life cycle of the Ford Mustang because Mazda's participation in the venture is in doubt, Gettelfinger said."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...yGbuoQD9BHQDS00

Yep and...

Geez you folks really need to learn to read and to understand that the press LIES and when the press doesn't LIE it is manipulated in the name of TODAYS PRINTED DOLLARS. IOWS, same diff.

The old Captain and dividedwebeg are getting desperate. They see the votes aren't coming like they want them to and are throwing out the scare tactics in desperation. This is going down!!

The Mustang will run through it's production cycle at AAI which I believe is at least 2014. We're all in that boat as that is all they will guarantee anymore, for the current production cycle. Just dig in, cut your bills at home and be ready every contract. Stand strong and vote no to this garbage.

The old Captain and dividedwebeg are getting desperate. They see the votes aren't coming like they want them to and are throwing out the scare tactics in desperation. This is going down!!

The Mustang will run through it's production cycle at AAI which I believe is at least 2014. We're all in that boat as that is all they will guarantee anymore, for the current production cycle. Just dig in, cut your bills at home and be ready every contract. Stand strong and vote no to this garbage.

I dont know where you are from but our Mustang can be put anywhere, KCAP, MAP, LAP. Our current life cycle of the 2010 my is 2012. This vote is to extend us and commit to keep this here to atleast 2014.

That will buy us time to try to get additional volume.

We had a line speed reduction in May and almost went to 1 shift. Summer is over and there is a good chance we will go to 1 shift. We are under capacity and in danger of losing the MUSTANG.

You may feel safe in your plant with product. Just 3 short years ago we were safe with the product now we are in trouble.

What I am saying is your product can move easily to another location and not get committments of new product.

We need the support of a yes vote here at 3000. See everyone at the Region.

Also to my Brothers and Sisters at Saline. Vote yes you will need a home after the temporary loan.

• 2 weeks later...
People who want to vote down this contract should not get discouraged by the Yes votes announced yesterday from Ohio and Wayne. The UAW always schedules votes first at the plants where they think they can get a Yes vote. They schedule votes last at plants where they think there will be a No vote, like at Dearborn Truck.

Local 1250 from Brook Park, Ohio consists of 3 small plants, all 3 of them together have only half as many workers as are in Dearborn Truck alone. And they were one of them few places that received any real new product. No surprise they voted Yes.

At Local 900, Wayne Stamping actually voted No, while Wayne Assembly and Michigan Assembly voted Yes. For the whole local the total vote was 925 Yes-to-898 No. That is a Yes vote of less than 51%. Last March, Local 900 voted Yes by 78%. So I take this vote as a good sign. I think there is a very good chance we can vote down this contract, when all is said and done.

Gary Walkowicz

I am also an original AAI member. We DID NOT STEAL the Mustang! The move was in the works years before anyone even heard about it. I do believe we will have product at the plant for many more years. DO NOT let the scare tactics get to you. Our leadership sold us out. Our Chairman is a lying S.O.B.! Browning makes a good used car salesman. Our biggest concern is our top leadership. They no longer work for us.

I am glad to see the voting results. That should send them a strong message. For AAI, we need someone able to step up and run for the top spots. The people we have now need to go back to the floor. Stupidville, Steve and Kevin have not done anything for us. Worst committee ever at AAI.