UAW membership says NO!!!!

foxrun

Rejection of the deal by the union’s membership would be an embarrassment for Ron Gettelfinger

Who is in his final term as president, and for his possible successor

Bob King who heads the union’s Ford department

Hmmmm

There worried about being embarrassed

What about the ones on the line that work hard everyday and have given up so much and still giving

8 years ago we at KCAP had over 5,400 hourly now theres about 3,800 building the same SUV and Truck

200 hourly jobs per year on average wtf

I'm sure every local sees the same alot less hourly and more work added to your job called TASK

In my department we have about 100 fewer hourly and only one supervisor has been cut out and they brought back retired management trying to force us to keep the lines running with overloaded jobs

The jobs are still overloaded today wtf

Something is not right with the Leadership of UAW

Ron Bob you have embarrassed me I will not speak for the rest of the UAW members I'm sure many of them feel the same way I do

I can say one thing for the first time in many years I am proud of my UAW Brothers and Sisters that have not given in to the Lies of the Company a

third time "We are the Union" Vote No

Rejection of the deal by the union’s membership would be an embarrassment for Ron Gettelfinger

Who is in his final term as president, and for his possible successor

Bob King who heads the union’s Ford department

Hmmmm

There worried about being embarrassed

What about the ones on the line that work hard everyday and have given up so much and still giving

8 years ago we at KCAP had over 5,400 hourly now theres about 3,800 building the same SUV and Truck

200 hourly jobs per year on average wtf

I'm sure every local sees the same alot less hourly and more work added to your job called TASK

In my department we have about 100 fewer hourly and only one supervisor has been cut out and they brought back retired management trying to force us to keep the lines running with overloaded jobs

The jobs are still overloaded today wtf

Something is not right with the Leadership of UAW

Ron Bob you have embarrassed me I will not speak for the rest of the UAW members I'm sure many of them feel the same way I do

I can say one thing for the first time in many years I am proud of my UAW Brothers and Sisters that have not given in to the Lies of the Company a

third time "We are the Union" Vote No

Damn Straight! A vote of YES is a truly a vote of NO for our jobs!

Gettlefinger needs to shut the hell up, I'm sick of him. While he's sitting on a pile of money, those who work on the line are getting screwed and he could give a crap less.

I am also ashamed of Gettlefinger. I'm proud of every TRUE union member who voted NO on this contract and I am so proud of MY KCAP plant.

Just got a text that had been forwarded MANY times. It shows just how desperate the IUAW has gotten! It says " the contract has already failed no matter what. Even if we all vote yes. It's important 2 pass this at OHAP we will get a vehicle" I think that they're going after their 51% by any means necessary! There was a meeting called today at 1:00 p.m. and so our Chairman and some appointed reps along with the IUAW and Regional reps in the plant went rushing to make the meeting. And then this comes up. Coincidence? My ass! Who still has to vote? LAP? KTP? DTP? OHAP? Put enough of that crap out and who knows what could happen? Once again, the IUAW shows the utter contempt they have for this membership! They show that they think we are stupid enough to fall for such blatantly obvious attempts to achieve their agendas. What's at stake now? Can you imagine Ron and Bill having to go back to the company with egg on their face over this? "Yeah, we brought this agreement to you but the membership didn't fall for it". There are still enough votes out there to swing it!

Damn Straight! A vote of YES is a truly a vote of NO for our jobs!

Gettlefinger needs to shut the hell up, I'm sick of him. While he's sitting on a pile of money, those who work on the line are getting screwed and he could give a crap less.

I am also ashamed of Gettlefinger. I'm proud of every TRUE union member who voted NO on this contract and I am so proud of MY KCAP plant.

Kansas City ROCKS!!!We love you guys here @ KTP...and we are voting NO

Look I will not go on here and tell people how to vote one way or the other but I will say this if we were ever so united like how we are all now , we shouldve shot dwn the one before this ! We gave away a lot more than we are giving now ! More than anything I believe skilled trades and the entry level employees have a harder pill to swallow verus the production. And I know we havent use our strike in a long ass time but I just feel that if the company and union would just take out that no strike clause out , that might help sway voters to a YES vote ! Also if they had a higher bonus to let's say around 2000.00 and be paid right before the holidays and not in March of 2010 that would also help voter's vote YES. The company has taken quite a bit of bonus $$ in the past , if they really wanted to get this contract pass I believe those two things would help out big time !!

Edited by uaw400

Look I will not go on here and tell people how to vote one way or the other but I will say this if we were ever so united like how we are all now , we shouldve shot dwn the one before this ! We gave away a lot more than we are giving now ! More than anything I believe skilled trades and the entry level employees have a harder pill to swallow verus the production. And I know we havent use our strike in a long ass time but I just feel that if the company and union would just take out that no strike clause out , that might help sway voters to a YES vote ! Also if they had a higher bonus to let's say around 2000.00 and be paid right before the holidays and not in March of 2010 that would also help voter's vote YES. The company has taken quite a bit of bonus $$ in the past , if they really wanted to get this contract pass I believe those two things would help out big time !!

Before this, we were showing the company that we would work with them and also how proud we were that they didn't take the Governments money. . . We were family as Billy would like it to be . . . This time we see that these modificationis are just pure greed from the Company and now the IUAW. . . I know we are still fragile and we have much more to do, but this is not the answer. Lets not talk anymore until this current contract is over. It's not that far off. PLEASE!!!

explain

Look, after working at Ford for over 20 years, I know what's best for myself and my family. This contract doesn't do the trick.

Taking away the right to strike is giving them permission to drive over us with the vehicles we produce- and all we can do is lay there while they do it.

I find it insulting to my intelligence to have a 1000.00 bonus thrown at me so I'll sign a contract that effectively states, "I can screw you blind and there is nothing you can do about it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/28/business...sARtd6ZOE5j2gmg

The IUAW states in this article members were being mislead about the no strike clause and it becoming a flashpoint to the membership. I' am not mislead. Basically they are stating our wages CANT increase whatsoever till 2015 and you can't do a dang thing about it strike wise. Did I miss something? Oh yes and don't forget the rising ranks of lower wage workers who can vote that will be created if we allow this. I don't want a class system within our ranks. The union is about a livable wage, for everyone. Lets keep it that way. If we open this can of worms now, one day we'll be making $14 dollars an hour. Live on that amount people, aint gonna happen.

"Rejection of the deal by the union’s membership would be an embarrassment for Mr. Gettelfinger, who is in his final term as president, and for his possible successor, Bob King, who heads the union’s Ford department ."

The above statement came from the article and states Bob King might take Gettelfinger's job. In my opinion the rank and file need to do whatever it takes to make sure Bob King has no chance at taking Gettelfingers spot. The most important thing we can do is Vote for the appropriate convention delegates from each of our plants come this spring. Make sure the ones you vote for will stand up and be heard at the convention and not sit back and do exactly as the International Union dictates. Then and only then will this once great union of ours begin to change for the better. It seems like our current leadership is afraid to make waves because they fear what ramifications that the IUAW might bring upon each local. If the IUAW is truly elected to represented the membership needs, why should the local leaderships fear them? The IUAW should be listening to the leadership of each Local Union and the Locals should be listening to the brothers and sisters of their local. When this begins to happen we will once again have solidarity. Hopefully with this percentage of NO votes coming in we are all heading in the right direction.

It's always doom and gloom from mngmnt. The UAW has gone the extra mile with concessions already. I still see the same amount of salary people wandering around or holding their coffee. They have actually said that they brought one of the supervisors onto the floor to protect him, or to give him a "reason" to stay on while I'm watching fellow union brothers getting laid off. You don't need to say any more.

Let's sit tight and see what the economy is going to do before we lock ourselves into a deal that we will prob regret in just a few short months.

As far as Gettlefinger being embarrassed? He should be, but not because the membership voted this down. He should be embarrassed for continuing to bow down and accept ONLY what he's given then offering it to the membership as a GREAT deal.

I hope he listens THIS time. We're not opposed to working with the company for mutual benefit we're just opposed to being treated like un-informed/un-educated sheeple. Oh, and the $1000 bonus? Ha! Another glaring example.

:slap:

DUH!!

It's always doom and gloom from mngmnt. The UAW has gone the extra mile with concessions already. I still see the same amount of salary people wandering around or holding their coffee. They have actually said that they brought one of the supervisors onto the floor to protect him, or to give him a "reason" to stay on while I'm watching fellow union brothers getting laid off. You don't need to say any more.

Let's sit tight and see what the economy is going to do before we lock ourselves into a deal that we will prob regret in just a few short months.

As far as Gettlefinger being embarrassed? He should be, but not because the membership voted this down. He should be embarrassed for continuing to bow down and accept ONLY what he's given then offering it to the membership as a GREAT deal.

I hope he listens THIS time. We're not opposed to working with the company for mutual benefit we're just opposed to being treated like un-informed/un-educated sheeple. Oh, and the $1000 bonus? Ha! Another glaring example.

:slap:

DUH!!

"WELL SAID" THAY THINK WE ARE A BUNCH OF LEMMINGS !!!!!!

400 we gave more away because it was time to do so and now is not the time.

I gave my money away to help make sure VEBA was funded and jobs got protected, but i won't vote to unprotect those jobs.

I won't vote to have TRADES push production out the door when they get reduced and put back on the line.

I won't vote to set my wages and benefits to the level of right to work non union autoworkers who will lower wages once we aren't a threat to unionize them.

I won't vote to uncap the two tier quotas and have every new autoworker at a capped wage till 2015.

I won't whipsaw myself against my brothers.[/qu

Sorry removal of the GEN in the last MOD was a joke !!!

Edited by uaw400