Watch out Oakville and St. Thomas

bodyman

this is not your union allowing this or propograting the practices. Management lets all of this happen..weak management lets more happen. Mgt gets the credit for the failure to operate the plant or business.. the problem is they lay it off on the union and the union allows them to. Mgt fails to demand all levels to perform, they all still get the money and bonuses without fail!! rewarding failure is mgts standard operating procedure.. sos

If other menbers weren't at the meeting in London they have no right to tell us how to feel about our union. A couple of years ago our union chairman Whitey bailed on us telling us he would look after us he didn't. We had been told time and time again a new product was coming ....nothing! We were told that if quality improved a product was also coming...still nothing. At the meeting yesterday Ken showed no compassion at all ,he got up and said this is the way it is,this is the way it's gonna be and pretty much if you don't like it tough (pretty much those exact words) How should we feel about the union? Ken is the biggest dick of them all, 1600 out of work but that's okay he will still get paid! I helped pay for our union hall, when it is sold does the money get divided between the workers or does the union win again!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If other menbers weren't at the meeting in London they have no right to tell us how to feel about our union. A couple of years ago our union chairman Whitey bailed on us telling us he would look after us he didn't. We had been told time and time again a new product was coming ....nothing! We were told that if quality improved a product was also coming...still nothing. At the meeting yesterday Ken showed no compassion at all ,he got up and said this is the way it is,this is the way it's gonna be and pretty much if you don't like it tough (pretty much those exact words) How should we feel about the union? Ken is the biggest dick of them all, 1600 out of work but that's okay he will still get paid! I helped pay for our union hall, when it is sold does the money get divided between the workers or does the union win again!

We got shafted . I can't believe we are voting this agreement in. I know we could have done better with a better educated unon leadership. Sorry guys some things can't be done with yelling and screaming.

It and all the contents will be taken by the National office as an asset just like all the other Local's that have folded.

You are quite a piece of work Ed, in 3 years you will be in the same boat as we are in at STAP then we will see what you think about your beloved union!

Sorry to burst your bubble. How can you bash me for being loyal to my Union? I hear Toy Yoda is hiring! See how that works for ya...

Ed.

Sorry to burst your bubble. How can you bash me for being loyal to my Union? I hear Toy Yoda is hiring! See how that works for ya...

Ed.

We will see how loyal you are to your union come next contract and they tell you more concessions or Ford will move your product out of Canada, By the way Ed, everyone at STAP was loyal to our union until they stabbed us in the back!

My attitude and work ethic makes me a value to the companies I have worked for, and will work for in the future. Your attitude and work ethic is why companies shut down their operations and move them else where.

At some point I would expect you to use what is suppose to be between your ears and come up with a response that contains a thought at the adult level. But since it is clear there is nothing between your ears, keep the personal threats and insults coming.

You are the reason the public has no respect for autoworkers. Such a sad pathetic little person you are

Your response likens calling the kettle black! Love how your blaming the workers for companies moving or shutting down. Who's side are you on? My work ethic is second to none. I know which side my bread's buttered on. My attitude is not the issue here. It's all the fuck wads slamming our Union thats got me pissed. Take that for what it's worth. Or shove it up your ass for all I care. You try to come off as the some sort of martyr for the workers at STAP. As far as I and alot of other members that care not to post, are concerned, you are sucking sour grapes, nothing more, nothing less. Get over it. Grey matter is a given, how you use it is the key.

Ed.

Edited by Edsel

Your response likens calling the kettle black! Love how your blaming the workers for companies moving or shutting down. Who's side are you on? My work ethic is second to none. I know which side my bread's buttered on. My attitude is not the issue here. It's all the fuck wads slamming our Union thats got me pissed. Take that for what it's worth. Or shove it up your ass for all I care. You try to come off as the some sort of martyr for the workers at STAP. As far as I and alot of other members that care not to post, are concerned, you are sucking sour grapes, nothing more, nothing less. Get over it. Grey matter is a given, how you use it is the key.

Ed.

[/qu

ED shut the fuck up already. You are an embarassment to OAC.

I guess you do not work at STAP, do you SPECIAL ED???? :hysterical:

Can't agree more! How long has special Ed worked at OAP! It's not our fault you have your nose so far up your unions ass you have forgotten what shit smells like. You are so blind to the truth you wouldn't know if it bit you in the ass Ford Canada is a sinking ship and you at OAP will be going down with it, your precious union is now 1600 members less and counting it only a matter of time before the CAW is no more. And Ed we don't care if you back your union but don't get pissed if someone else doesn't!

I guess you do not work at STAP, do you SPECIAL ED???? :hysterical:

If you remember, incidentally, we lost a plant in Oakville. At one time we were near 6500 strong. We have felt the pain of a closer. Don't get me wrong, I too I'm PISSED that ST. Thomas and Windsor have lost jobs/members. You can truly believe that. I say, the members in the Ford chain were put in the bent over,wrists tied to ankles situation here. Yes, we could have said this is BS, FU Ford. Easy. I truly believe, the people that bargained, bargained as they should. For the best thing, present and future, what's best for the entire membership! I truly believe they have done so.

....................that's all folk's!

Ed.

" bent over wrists tied to ankles situation "

Can't agree more! How long has special Ed worked at OAP! It's not our fault you have your nose so far up your unions ass you have forgotten what shit smells like. You are so blind to the truth you wouldn't know if it bit you in the ass Ford Canada is a sinking ship and you at OAP will be going down with it, your precious union is now 1600 members less and counting it only a matter of time before the CAW is no more. And Ed we don't care if you back your union but don't get pissed if someone else doesn't!

CAW is not too worried about autoworkers where their union franchise is concerned, they diversified years ago into basically everything. The A in CAW is actually not really necessary anymore seeing that autoworkers are and have been for many years now a minority.

Having said that I do believe the union is still necessary as long as it stays focused on the workers interest within what is viable.

I just want to go on record to my Brothers and Sisters in St. Thomas that Edsel's comments do not represent the views of the vast majority of the membership at OAC.

After reading this thread, Trimdingman is starting to sound like a sane person (and that's saying a lot). I can't be more embarrassed by the behaviour displayed here.

Good luck to you and your families, you've got some tough challenges ahead. Hopefully we'll see some of you make it here to OAC.

OAC_S

Edited by OAC_Sparky

I just want to go on record to my Brothers and Sisters in St. Thomas that Edsel's comments do not represent the views of the vast majority of the membership at OAC.

After reading this thread, Trimdingman is starting to sound like a sane person (and that's saying a lot). I can't be more embarrassed by the behaviour displayed here.

Good luck to you and your families, you've got some tough challenges ahead. Hopefully we'll see some of you make it here to OAC.

OAC_S

You had me up till there :reading:

OAC_S

That just made me smile, I had the exact same thoughts regarding Edsel and Trimdingman.

Edsel is just a blowhard looking to stir the pot. Nothing more , nothing less. He takes pleasure in ruffling peoples feathers.

I would suggest if he bothers everyone so much , you put him on ignore and no one quote his useless info.

I actually get a chuckle most times reading his halfwit posts and and knuckle dragging threats.

Usually the smallest dog yaps the most.

On a different note, OAC sparky, what are the #'s like for electricians there and what is the age demographic? Think there will be any openings when buyouts come???

OAC_S

I'm with you bro/sis.

This is my final rant on this site, and I will come clean and say I'm not a Ford employee (SORRY) but my wife is, and she worked at STAP. This is our 5th job lose since 1994 between the two of us and all were union jobs. To MR.ED .... I am glad you came out on top and it worked out for you but please don't piss your good fortune all over this forum and be all in your face toward people who feel let down and are now in a situation of great uncertanty. You may feel the union is great and I can understand that because you my friend are still working for Ford at a great paying job. The people at STAP are not or at least for not much longer and chances are will not get work at such a good wage so YES IT HURTS. The CAW knew that STAP was doomed and even spilled the beans at a meeting in Oakville according to a posting on one of these topic threads. I have always said to go for the best severance as possible if no product was coming. The CAW National knew this for quite awhile and this is the best they could do. GM recieved a better severance when they were going down the tube. Ford hinting at a profit for last quarter offers alot less and tells the CAW if you don't except this we will begin pulling product out of Canada. Well if this is how Ford feels about our workers our quality and thinks that Canadian customers will not buy from companies that invest in Canada and Canadians, then they will get a rude awakening. The CAW bought into this and the rest is history now. The CAW is nothing and they proved it by being dick-tated to and cowering. Ah yes, be happy with the severance you got and remember who got that for you. The bar is set lower now for OAC and Windsor so be ready for 2012 cause this is far from over. To all STAP workers...I know the pain of this and to say it will work out is only a white wash. Please take the remaining time and prepare to give yourselves a bit of a cushion. In the end to all remaining CAW workers I wish you all good luck and hope you are never on this side of the fence because there is really no place to go but down. We know through experience. To FORD we would like to say thankyou for the opportunity to work for you, and your welcome, for all your employees hard work to keep giving you a quality product. We have a family member battling cancer so UNION DUES being transfered to charities is a great idea if it is OK to do that? Good luck to all and again sorry about breaking the employee only rule...next time I will have my wife type what I want to say!!! :shades:

This is my final rant on this site, and I will come clean and say I'm not a Ford employee (SORRY) but my wife is, and she worked at STAP. This is our 5th job lose since 1994 between the two of us and all were union jobs. To MR.ED .... I am glad you came out on top and it worked out for you but please don't piss your good fortune all over this forum and be all in your face toward people who feel let down and are now in a situation of great uncertanty. You may feel the union is great and I can understand that because you my friend are still working for Ford at a great paying job. The people at STAP are not or at least for not much longer and chances are will not get work at such a good wage so YES IT HURTS. The CAW knew that STAP was doomed and even spilled the beans at a meeting in Oakville according to a posting on one of these topic threads. I have always said to go for the best severance as possible if no product was coming. The CAW National knew this for quite awhile and this is the best they could do. GM recieved a better severance when they were going down the tube. Ford hinting at a profit for last quarter offers alot less and tells the CAW if you don't except this we will begin pulling product out of Canada. Well if this is how Ford feels about our workers our quality and thinks that Canadian customers will not buy from companies that invest in Canada and Canadians, then they will get a rude awakening. The CAW bought into this and the rest is history now. The CAW is nothing and they proved it by being dick-tated to and cowering. Ah yes, be happy with the severance you got and remember who got that for you. The bar is set lower now for OAC and Windsor so be ready for 2012 cause this is far from over. To all STAP workers...I know the pain of this and to say it will work out is only a white wash. Please take the remaining time and prepare to give yourselves a bit of a cushion. In the end to all remaining CAW workers I wish you all good luck and hope you are never on this side of the fence because there is really no place to go but down. We know through experience. To FORD we would like to say thankyou for the opportunity to work for you, and your welcome, for all your employees hard work to keep giving you a quality product. We have a family member battling cancer so UNION DUES being transfered to charities is a great idea if it is OK to do that? Good luck to all and again sorry about breaking the employee only rule...next time I will have my wife type what I want to say!!! :shades:

amen brother