the fight

mbabbitt

we might win this battle, but we all must get ready for 2011 mullaly is ruthles look at what he did to the machinist union .i am sure g,m, and chr, will take a cut in pay .i for one hope not for or sake and for there's. just get ready for it

Day by day, one foot in front of the other, we can do this. The MEMBERS of the UAW just showed the IUAW who owns them.

we might win this battle, but we all must get ready for 2011 mullaly is ruthles look at what he did to the machinist union .i am sure g,m, and chr, will take a cut in pay .i for one hope not for or sake and for there's. just get ready for it

I wonder how much he pays his body guards ?

We UAW members already know what he is all about, look up Boeing and look what he did their. So I hope and sure we are prepared..We can't roll over on this 1!!! :idea:

after no vote next step is international rep cleanup..

BOTH LEADERS LEWENZA AND GEDDLEFINGER WORK FOR THE COMPANY THERE'S NO BODY FIGHTING FOR THE RIGHTS OF WORKERS YOUR UNION OWNS YOU AS A COMPANY WOW WHAT AJOKE LETS TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRIES AND UNION BACK SEND THEM TO DO THERE FUCKING JOBS , PROTECTING DIGNITIY AND RIGHTS FAIR DAYS PAY FOR A FAIR DAYS WORK!

Yeah! Let's get all of our weapons together!

Let's tell them that we can't be replaced! Uhhhhh, well maybe not that one

Let's tell them that there aren't enough people to take our place! Uhhhhh, maybe not this one

Let's tell them that we deserve all we get based on.......Uhhhh, maybe not this one

I don't know but let's be ready.

Rah, Rah, Rah!!

If the economy and car sales keep going like they are, into 2010, and I see no reason at all for optimism, then the 2011 negotiations are gonna be a motherfucker. Plain and simple. My advise to you all is start cutting back even more at home and save, save, save. It still could get ugly. Real ugly.

Edited by Len_A

I agree....

I hope our CEO realizes that the same people who buy airplanes aren't the same people who buy cars and trucks....

They'll probabley bring back the same crap next September to see if we'll actually go on strike for what we believe....

Best advice is to start saving your money for next September....

This isn't over yet....

United we stand....

Solidarity

I agree....

I hope our CEO realizes that the same people who buy airplanes aren't the same people who buy cars and trucks....

They'll probabley bring back the same crap next September to see if we'll actually go on strike for what we believe....

This isn't over yet....

United we stand....

Solidarity

What we are going to have to strike now?? What do you mean??

We didn't win anything,we just cost ourselves jobs!!!! Hope you NO VOTERS are happy!

Candycane,

Quit your crying already, a majority have voted this down now either sak up, shut the fuck up or quit cause you dont want to be a part of it anymore, your point is irrelevant now! You sound like a broken record :beatdeadhorse: that needs to be thrown in the garbage!!!

Edited by 0824sgt

We didn't win anything,we just cost ourselves jobs!!!! Hope you NO VOTERS are happy!

How many jobs have we lost prior to this vote no ,here's y we lost ,

1) Ford doubles its capacity in Mexico while it claims it has too much capacity in the US and Canada. Unfortunately, the higher ups in the UAW do not use this point when accepting more concessions. A starting point to ratification would have been to promise to move some engine and assembly work back to the US from Mexico- especially some Fusion work.

2) Every concessionarry agreement created between the UAW and the company has resulted in plant closings and layoff annoucements literally the same week. Can we expect more now? Who is to say, but with the track record of the prior negotations, layoffs would have happened anyway with or without an agreement.

3) What happened to the agreement that was voted on less than two years ago? Ford is merely offering to uphold some of what they promised in the 2007 agreement. What is wrong with this picture? An agreement is an agreement- one party (Ford) does not attempt to modify it without giving something above and beyond what was promised two years ago. In fact, look at how many things Ford management reneged on- the new flex body shop at Wayne Assembly plant for one, and numerous product commitments.

4)A retire police officer said he carry a loaded gun and never had to use it ,but would have use it if he had too to save his life ,so a right to strike clause is our loaded gun at the bargaining table in 2011.

5)Pray for IUAW they supported abortions in our health care and bob king supported gay marriages

I agree....

This isn't over yet....

United we stand....

Solidarity

A retire police officer said he carry a loaded gun and never had to use it ,but would have use it if he had too to save his life ,so a right to strike clause is our loaded gun at the bargaining table in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will need a loaded gun to keep the scabs out this is not goin to be good

If the economy and car sales keep going like they are, into 2010, and I see no reason at all for optimism, then the 2011 negotiations are gonna be a motherfucker. Plain and simple. My advise to you all is start cutting back even more at home and save, save, save. It still could get ugly. Real ugly.

Uh Len...not disrespect here but we (esp. Michigan) have been living that tone for 2-3 yrs. We will see over the next 2 yrs whether Ford/IUAW want to be vindictive or not. Over that time They will have to start sourcing these amibiguous products they dangle. And we will see where they put them. If not where they have "committed" then we know where these talks will be headed. If they do source to the USA then I am sure the membership will at least listen to what they have to say. IUAW will do right by not revisting another re-contract b-4 '11. They have lost integrity and faith from their members and are disconnected from their mission.

Ford can bail out IUAW by either putting up (with product) or shutting up. ITs time to put the horse b-4 the cart. Yes it is about the economy. Duh....we get it. But thats what it was about 5,10 20,30 yrs ago. So its nothing new. If this is corporate/class warfare, then succeed or fail this will be our proverbial last stand. ( I think we lost the war when our IUAW and membership sold out the middle class with the 2nd tier.)

Uh Len...not disrespect here but we (esp. Michigan) have been living that tone for 2-3 yrs. We will see over the next 2 yrs whether Ford/IUAW want to be vindictive or not. Over that time They will have to start sourcing these amibiguous products they dangle. And we will see where they put them. If not where they have "committed" then we know where these talks will be headed. If they do source to the USA then I am sure the membership will at least listen to what they have to say. IUAW will do right by not revisting another re-contract b-4 '11. They have lost integrity and faith from their members and are disconnected from their mission.

Ford can bail out IUAW by either putting up (with product) or shutting up. ITs time to put the horse b-4 the cart. Yes it is about the economy. Duh....we get it. But thats what it was about 5,10 20,30 yrs ago. So its nothing new. If this is corporate/class warfare, then succeed or fail this will be our proverbial last stand. ( I think we lost the war when our IUAW and membership sold out the middle class with the 2nd tier.)

No offense taken - after today's profit news for Ford, things may be looking a bit better, for Ford, but not necessarily for the rest of the economy. There's still millions of homes expected to go into foreclosure - that alone scares car buyers out of the market. Oils creeping back up. That's not good.

But, if we're lucky, and after today's profit news, maybe we might be, maybe Ford will ride it out well. Chrysler could real get fucked, and GM may end up better than expected, but no where near as well as Ford (I have family at GM, and I don't want to sound harsh, but that will be GM's problem - I'm not forgetting all the "we're better off than Ford" comments two years ago, when Ford was mortgaging everything to get cash) If they Ford does as well as Mulally told CNBC today they expect to, then (and I say this as a white collar worker), Ford management can go fuck themselves if they think they can force GM/Chrysler's contract terms on Ford UAW members. This may be the end of pattern bargaining for a while, but then, as some people have reminded me, there was a gap between Chrysler and GM/Ford for a while after the 1979 loan guarantees. And it spells the end of pattern bargaining, then so be it. You guys have given up about as much as can be expected, and the salaried employees and retirees below the plant manager level have taken enough of a beating. Hourly or salaried, you can't get blood from a fucking stone. Payroll costs are close enough to the transplants. Profits announced today, in large part, besides the cost cutting, came from higher transaction prices on car and truck sales. In simplest words, less fucking incentives - gee, you design cars and trucks people want, they'll actually buy them with fewer incentives on the hood? Who would have thunk it? Duh.

Still, what I said wasn't bad advise - you don't know where things are going, so save as much as you can, in case there's a walk out. Hell, save as much as you can, in case oil takes a turn up and car sales get fucked.

And as far as what we've been living through in Michigan, you're preaching to the choir - how long have we been getting fucked? Since 2000?

And you didn't lose the war with the two tiered wage structure. The war was really lost when those fucking Asian auto makers built a lot of plants in the 1990's.