First shot of 2012 Dodge Charger

silvrsvt

So, from the little we can see, it's based on the 1999 concept car? This could have worked for the 2006 Gen 1 Charger, but might be a bit too late .

+1, that thing's gonna look old the second it's released.....

I mean come on, that concept is 10 years old!

In the comments they posted an old rendering from Allpar. It was white and i liked it. I think its a nice looking evolution from the current model which is rather bland. Update the interior and make it a good car. I have hope for this vehicle. I want to like it, and so far, i do.

From my thoughts in this thread...

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...=36208&st=0

Dodge

New Charger coming, seemingly based off a 1999 concept car Championed by Bob Lutz. The profile line actually looks interesting, and I'm going to reserve judgment until I see the whole thing. I'm worried, though, that they did the most work on what is probably the 4th most important product in the Dodge line. The Caliber, Avenger, and Journey all should have been given IMMEDIATE attention, as they all play in much higher volume segments. Also, investment into the Charger / 300 will take money, which will probably be reflected in the transaction price. Current customers of the 300/Charger likely got a great deal on their current rides, what's the incentive to stick with the new car if it's just as expensive as the competitor?

Edited by PREMiERdrum

I kind of like it. From the little I can see in the teaser shot, there's a kink that looks like a fender slit just after the front wheels. It made me think four-door viper. Pick up that theme and run with it and it might be pretty cool looking.

It looks just like the concept from that one view we can see........the 10-11 year old concept by the time this thing comes out...

Some of the analysts that have seen it say that it's a good looking car.

It will be for about 5 minutes....

C'mon guys....a little investigative work would let you know it is NOT the 99 concept or remotely close to it.

While the angle of the photo is deceiving... that is the next Charger, not a reborn decade old ceonpt car.

This

newcharger.JPG

IS THIS (body line emphasized with Photoshop as it is faint in the thumbnail picture that was enlarged)

chargerprofiloeoutline.jpg

NOT THIS

1999_Dodge_Charger_RT.jpg

Look at the hips, gas filler location, rear side fixed window and door handles on the top two pictures. The 99 concept, while ok in its time, has been put out to pasture along with the LH body it was based on.

Edited by Intrepidatious

C'mon guys....a little investigative work would let you know it is NOT the 99 concept or remotely close to it.

While the angle of the photo is deceiving... that is the next Charger, not a reborn decade old ceonpt car.

This

newcharger.JPG

IS THIS (body line emphasized with Photoshop as it is faint in the thumbnail picture that was enlarged)

NOT THIS

Look at the hips, gas filler location, rear side fixed window and door handles on the top two pictures. The 99 concept, while ok in its time, has been put out to pasture along with the LH body it was based on.

So it's a mild refresh of a car that's been on the market since MY 2006?

charger.jpg

Is that not the same tophat? Looks like new doorskins and side glass, and new rear end.

Entirely new roof and doors and door glass. (Note the fixed side quarter-window and completely different shape of the rear door). Door handles in different locations, etc.).

Remember, 10 minutes ago you guys thought it resembled the batmobile based on a much better photo then an enlarged 100 X 100 profile thumbnail.

While it does retain the same basic shape, it is far from the same basic car. From those that have seen it person (friends who work at Brampton) they said that it most certainly does not look like a refresh of the current cat.

Entirely new roof and doors and door glass. (Note the fixed side quarter-window and completely different shape of the rear door). Door handles in different locations, etc.).

Remember, 10 minutes ago you guys thought it resembled the batmobile based on a much better photo then an enlarged 100 X 100 profile thumbnail.

While it does retain the same basic shape, it is far from the same basic car. From those that have seen it person (friends who work at Brampton) they said that it most certainly does not look like a refresh of the current cat.

Where is there a fixed side quarter window? The quarter window lines on the door-side of the cut line, right?

And I'm not at all convinced it's a new roof. You can overlay the 2 images and the entire roofline matches up perfectly.

Like I said before, I'll reserve final judgment until I can see the whole thing. I still think starting with the Charger was the mistake. They have much bigger (and higher volume) fish to fry.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Where is there a fixed side quarter window? The quarter window lines on the door-side of the cut line, right?

And I'm not at all convinced it's a new roof. You can overlay the 2 images and the entire roofline matches up perfectly.

Like I said before, I'll reserve final judgment until I can see the whole thing. I still think starting with the Charger was the mistake. They have much bigger (and higher volume) fish to fry.

You don't see a fixed rear side quarter window?

newcharger.JPG

Edited by Intrepidatious

This

newcharger.JPG

NOT THIS

Sure, it's the next Charger........that's inspired by a 10-11 year old concept.

So it's a mild refresh of a car that's been on the market since MY 2006?

Well, I suppose it is Chrysler we're talking about here....

You don't see a fixed rear side quarter window?

newcharger.JPG

I was talking about the white Charger profile you posted, not the concept. Sorry!

For the record, I never thought that they were building the 1999 concept, but rather trying to make the current car look like the 99 concept. And I STILL don't think it's a new roof. :shades:

I was talking about the white Charger profile you posted, not the concept. Sorry!

For the record, I never thought that they were building the 1999 concept, but rather trying to make the current car look like the 99 concept. And I STILL don't think it's a new roof. :shades:

That's how I feel too.

Fair enough....I do agree that from the reports I've heard it does use many cues from that concept (which in itself took cues from Chargers of yore). But the end prouct will not be the swoopy design you see above in the turntable picture.

Edited by Intrepidatious