why do retirees receive christmas bonus

poliver20044

why do retirees recieve christmas bonus and we active workers dont?

Careful there fella!

I still got 15 years to go, but I ain't gonna start cutting benefits for retirees after they retire. That sh*t gonna come back and bite ya! Might be 10, 20, 25 years, but if you start that now, nothing in retirement will be sacred. Your pension, health care, vision (oh, that's GM and Chrysler), or anything else.

If you put in 30 years and earn your retirement benefits, I stand by you, forever.

If we are going to cut benefits, it has to effect new retirees only. They can vote for/against it and suffer the consequences. Cut your own benefits, not those who put their time in and don't have a voice in the negotiations!

You signed the modification giving up the Christmas bonus in exchange for job security. You got something for that. Live with it!

That's not a benefit, it's a bonus.. Which retiree shouldn't be getting if they are. Do they get profit sharing or other bonuses?

Ok, I'll have to read the benefits for retirees. But I stand by my convictions.

NO CUTS TO EXISTING RETIREES. YOU CUT YOUR OWN BENEFITS AND BONUSES.

I may chose to upgrade retiree benefits in exchange for personal gain, but I will NOT cut existing retirees money and benefits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I believe that it was used to offset the fact that the retirees didn't receive COLA. I realize that we don't either at this time but for us COLA is suspended. Retirees never got it. And for the life of me, I don't know why they call it a fixed income when all it really is is a broke income! Especially for our retirees who have been out for an extended number of years! God Bless them! They deserve every penny they get and more!

I understand how you feel but.. personally. I'm for protecting our retirees. Nothing should be taken away from them EVER. They've done their time. On the other hand, I feel that them old folks still meandering around our plants with a token torque wrench or some damn electric cart need to RETIRE!! Young people need jobs to provide for their families too.

I understand how you feel but.. personally. I'm for protecting our retirees. Nothing should be taken away from them EVER. They've done their time. On the other hand, I feel that them old folks still meandering around our plants with a token torque wrench or some damn electric cart need to RETIRE!! Young people need jobs to provide for their families too.

I try to remember this...

That "Old" man you want to push out of the plant may, one day, be you. I wish someone would retire so I can have more security, but it is their decision.

Make the decisions that are yours, let others make theirs.

"But he can't even run his own life, I'll be damned if he'll run mine, Sunshine". Sunshine Go Away Today-by Jonathan Edwards

I'm a retiree, after going thru an unending downsizing since the mid 80's plus wondering if we'd be next on the list to close, I'd say we earned the Xmas bonuses....if we lose our dental and vision coverage in the future then 100% of the cost we have to bear out of our monthly retirement checks not to mention the other increased costs of living....we're ( you included ) all nothing more than red ink to Ford..deep down they wish we'd all go away so remember you always won't make $28+ an hour so go stress out over something worth a case of indigestion, this isn't it.

we gave up ours to help fund our retiree's health care. They have taken enough hits. For those that don't know, in alot of areas our retirees have had increased medical costs. Not through no fault of theirs or us, but because the HMO's in their area have decided to raise their cost of providing health care to our retiree's. This helps divert some of the cost for those retiree's that have to switch to traditional insurance. Not much, but lets not start bashing our retiree benefits!

Because of our Retiree’s we have our pay wage, our dental, and our vision. Because of them we have production standards, work place safety and workers rights. Because of them we have over time past 8 hours. Because of them we have time and a half for Saturday work and double time for Sunday work (some plants have 1st day off time and a half and 2nd day off double time because they start on Sunday). It's because of them we have all our vacation time and Holiday's (other then what we gave up all on our own). Who do you think obtained COLA to begin with? Who do you think obtained 3% raises? Our retiree’s did all of this for us and much more. So tell me what have you done for them, other then slapping them in the face with your questioning of x-mas bonuses?

Until you walk a mile in our retiree’s shoes, don’t act like you know what their going through and what they have been through (for us). Next time think about what you’re saying because sooner or later you’ll be one.

Thank you for your support of the retirees, since we have voice but no vote we depend on the active workers to defend our rights, and I for one know that it is due to your strong solidarity that many of our benefits have been protected. Thank you again and God bless all of you

You have got to be kidding?? I stand by retirees 100%!! I would like to be one someday!! Without them there is no US. And without US there is no THEM!!! Let's stick together!!! Hell, they made close to a billion dollars in the third quarter! What did we get? I'll say it again, WHAT DID WE GET?? Anyone???

You MUST be a first generation Ford worker. I wouldn't be able to show my face at the family gathering with that attitude.

No joke! My grandfather would roll over in his grave if I spewed that crap out of my mouth.

Retirees worked HARDER than we ever did (we still work hard, just with the newer technology) and they earned to have a Christmas bonus during their retirement years.

Hey dirtbag :censored: . Our Retirees have given up enough (so have we). If it wasn't for our Retirees busting their asses, we wouldn't have what we have now. Take a buy out

[/q

And busting heads! Some of the old timers at plant tell the story of when my now 75 year old father chased a plant engineering foreman around with a pipe wrench! I guess those were the good 'ole days!

No joke! My grandfather would roll over in his grave if I spewed that crap out of my mouth.

Retirees worked HARDER than we ever did (we still work hard, just with the newer technology) and they earned to have a Christmas bonus during their retirement years.

5 times as hard and 5 times less pay!

Amen to that!!!! Move along already....it is time....there are way too many of the above mentioned in our plants.....if they want to stay...they should have to pull their weight....I bet they would retire then...oh and cut their overtime........notice they all work in departments that have overtime......

Thank you for your support of the retirees, since we have voice but no vote we depend on the active workers to defend our rights, and I for one know that it is due to your strong solidarity that many of our benefits have been protected. Thank you again and God bless all of you

Retiree I will do everything i can to make sure they take nothing from you. We as a union owe this to all ford retirees. They can take from me not people on a fixed income.How dare you ask that question. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Amen to that!!!! Move along already....it is time....there are way too many of the above mentioned in our plants.....if they want to stay...they should have to pull their weight....I bet they would retire then...oh and cut their overtime........notice they all work in departments that have overtime......

You don't have any idea what "work" really is.

I will move along when I am good and ready and not until then.

I can still out work the majority of you "young guys" any day... Not only that us old guys have the day to day knowledge that you don't have.....

Too bad if you don't like it..JERK!!!!!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by tompor1